Standoff at Tiger Temple ends with bears removed to new house in Chonburi

Lite Beer

The director-general of the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation is a true hero, braving threats and intimidation to carry out his responsibilities. All of the workers who assisted are to be commended. Is it any wonder why many Thais just say F-it and go with the flow, when confronted with unbridled greed and corruption?

hes not a hero hes doing a job hes paid to do about time.......what about the 146 tigersin there..take them to i say ..

Do you have any idea how hard it must have been for him? He has to deal with threats of bodily harm and a complete lack of co-operation from a mob of locals.

All this was done without any strong support from the military. Think about it. It is the same reason why honest government officials who tries to take on the corrupt Phuket mobsters don't last long. It isn't in the director general's job description to take threats to the personal safety of his family and his employees. What you should be asking is where the F was the army and why the abbott and his organized crime syndicate have not been arrested.

Of course the Army was not there. Why should it be we are not under Martial Law.

• Like 1

What are the boss Monks in Bangkok going to do about it? These Tiger temple Monk Mobsters have denigrated Buddhism. Surely the bosses should call them in and defrock the lot of them. Indeed they should but won't. They are all totally blind to what is going on around them. Too busy begging than behaving responsibly!

The director-general of the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation is a true hero, braving threats and intimidation to carry out his responsibilities. All of the workers who assisted are to be commended. Is it any wonder why many Thais just say F-it and go with the flow, when confronted with unbridled greed and corruption?

hes not a hero hes doing a job hes paid to do about time.......what about the 146 tigersin there..take them to i say ..

Do you have any idea how hard it must have been for him? He has to deal with threats of bodily harm and a complete lack of co-operation from a mob of locals.

All this was done without any strong support from the military. Think about it. It is the same reason why honest government officials who tries to take on the corrupt Phuket mobsters don't last long. It isn't in the director general's job description to take threats to the personal safety of his family and his employees. What you should be asking is where the F was the army and why the abbott and his organized crime syndicate have not been arrested.

Maybe Prime Minister Prayut you should step aside, seems like The temple’s abbot, Phra Vissuthisaradhera is true boss in this situation. Your power is limited. If you cannot stop corruption by Buddhist monks within Temple walls, then all your work is in vain. I feel you should step up to the plate and put an immediate stop to this power struggle. You wanting to reduce corruption and the abuse of Thai wildlife while many monks are more interesting in expropriating the wildlife for personal power and profits. Even though they pretend to be Buddhist monks, they are not good people.

Monks are the biggest con merchants in Thailand. Just taking peoples food and money

And just mutter a few incomprehensible words...Never a thank you nor a smile!

Perhaps they are sick and tired of rice.

:)

This case screams for separation of religion from State. Can you imagine what Prayut's BFF China's authroities would do in a similiar situation?

Please do not compare the good monks in Tibet under the leadership of Dalai Lama with their gangster like greedy brothers in Thailand!!

• Like 1

Its sad that when a thai does something bad, like murder or some scandal, that can become a monk and all is ok.

Alos being a monk is a great way to collect money and make money. I hope the monks at this tiger temple are booted out

Not sure I ever want to do merit again

Simple solution to problem surround temple let no one in and no one out then turn off all cell towers and blast A/C D/C music around the clock with tiny Tim's tip toe thru the tulips throwen in. All the while having massive BBQ on other side of walls.

Why use that photo? is that the temple in the story? is that even Thailand? also, the story about Indo fishing slaves has a photo of Koh Lam what is going on here?

Using Google images without a second check if it is correct or not. In my opinion.

yes you are correct. It is the Tigers Nest Monastery in Bhutan, I went there last year, breath takingwink.png

I still don't understand why the Abbott was not arrested for impeding a police action and for creating a mob of monks to block the police from exiting with the animals? Are monks now exempt from the law and can do whatever they want?

Edited by thesetat2013