Rain again.

backstairs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was off for 2 seconds, now everything OK.

Same here. Except after the two seconds break was a 30 minutes, and counting, break.

I wouldn't mind the rain if there weren't a power cut every frikkin time.

It's a real p1sser, isn't it.

30 minutes left on the UPS's.

Same here. Except after the two seconds break was a 30 minutes, and counting, break.

We must live in the same area.

Sadly my UPS's battery seems to be aging and can't handle the 27" for long. All I have now is the ipad and a few candles.

We must live in the same area.

Sadly my UPS's battery seems to be aging and can't handle the 27" for long. All I have now is the ipad and a few candles.

Power just came back with about 10 minutes left on the UPS's!

That was a close one.

Thank you, soaking wet PEA worker. smile.png

Edit:

Hmmm. And the rain has stopped too. Hmmm, no, surely he wasn't waiting in his pick-up for the rain to stop before changing the fuse... No, perish the thought. dry.png

Edit2:

Actually, I've seen them change the fuses using a long wooden pole to reach the transformer, pull of the old fuse and offer up the new one. I suppose doing that while it's p1ssing down could be hazardous to their health. biggrin.png

Edited by JetsetBkk

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Been pissing down in Chalong since 8.25.
The draught is broken big time.
lightning getting a bit close, but no power cuts here yet.

Not a bad drop but definitely wouldn't rate it as pissing down where we are in Chalong.

I am over in Patong tonight. Decent rain shower and thunder show for over 30 minutes. But ... within one minute of the rain the power started getting shakey, lots of power dips, the cable TV quit and the internet has been poor to none.

Maybe I can cancel the water truck tomorrow. I know the forecast said rain on Saturday, but it did not look like rain under it happened ... oh well.

Still in the dark in my soi. I must have the worst electricity supply in Phuket sad.png

It is very normal for a "World Class destination" that the power goes off when it rains, happens in ALL World Class destinations as wellviolin.gif

Anybody has news of the condition in the first underpass?giggle.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not a bad drop but definitely wouldn't rate it as pissing down where we are in Chalong.

Enough came down here to nearly top up the pool (close to Big Buddha Road)

About 15 minutes after saying the lightening was getting close, our house was hit!

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

About 15 minutes after saying the lightening was getting close, our house was hit!

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

Wow, super unlucky!

Still in the dark here. No water (electric pump), soon no more internet (phone battery dying), gonna be a fun evening. At least we have a free frog concerto outside.

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

Wow, super unlucky!

Still in the dark here. No water (electric pump), soon no more internet (phone battery dying), gonna be a fun evening. At least we have a free frog concerto outside.

Unlucky Old Croc - even a UPS won't protect you from a direct strike - best to unplug things if the lightning gets close.

And unlucky for pistachios too - my power came back a couple of hours ago. Watched the F1 qualifying that I misssed earlier. Maybe the PEA guys ran out of fuses? biggrin.png

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

That sucks. I've had it happen from a direct strike and lost a lot of stuff. Close to 500k damage to TV's, cctv and 3 water heaters. All the light switches on the walls were fried stuck.

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

Sorry to hear that, good excuse to get a new big tv for the footy season though.

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

That sucks. I've had it happen from a direct strike and lost a lot of stuff. Close to 500k damage to TV's, cctv and 3 water heaters. All the light switches on the walls were fried stuck.

Ouch...

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

Sorry to hear that, good excuse to get a new big tv for the footy season though.

I'll admit I was an idiot for not turning the TV off, but in my defense, at the time I thought the storm had moved over the hill and was gone from my area. The bolt that hit us came out of the blue so to speak.

I was starting to think about a curved screen 100" replacement until the little lady burst my bubble by letting me know where she thought the fault lies!

I may have to settle for watching the footy (AFL) on one of our bedroom 32" screens for the time being.

Fried my 55" Panasonic!

FERK!!!

Yes, bad luck. I remember you talking about it.

I suppose I was lucky, as far as I can tell only the one tv, and a globe in the bathroom, blew here.i

Bags, I've had the lightning strike thing happen too, but back in Oz and ,as you say, expensive. However electronics repairs here are a fraction the cost of back home - consider getting your TV repaired.

We had the inevitable blackout hit here (Patong) during the storm - it only has to look like raining and out goes the power. The repair teams are improving though, power off for only 50 minutes (they're getting plenty of practice)..

Bags, I've had the lightning strike thing happen too, but back in Oz and ,as you say, expensive. However electronics repairs here are a fraction the cost of back home - consider getting your TV repaired.

We had the inevitable blackout hit here (Patong) during the storm - it only has to look like raining and out goes the power. The repair teams are improving though, power off for only 50 minutes (they're getting plenty of practice)..

Thanks Ping.
The guy from Phuket cable looked at the tv and said we shoulď replace it, not worth fixing. He was here to fix a blown fuse box or something on a lamp post near us which took out all subscibers in the street.
However, we will take it to a little electronics man we know of to see if it can be economically repaired.