Rain again.

backstairs

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a bit of blustery with this rain, windy and nice. Except I have to ride to Bangtao soon!

This one was odd on the radar, it didn't slowly move across from the sea, it just sort of built up & appeared over us

(I am in Rasada Phuket town)

phuketLoop.gif

Hi Everyone:

I live in Pattaya but am thinking of having a week in Phuket namely the Patong area. However seems the weather ain't good right now and i took a look at the next 10 day forecast and the same weather seems to be predicted as what it is right now.

So is the weather as bad as some of the above photos suggest?

Are tourists havng it bad or what?

In my case I don't need to lie on the beach but do various touristy things in the day time and bars etc at night.

Thanks any input....

Edited by R123

Hi Everyone:

I live in Pattaya but am thinking of having a week in Phuket namely the Patong area. However seems the weather ain't good right now and i took a look at the next 10 day forecast and the same weather seems to be predicted as what it is right now.

So is the weather as bad as some of the above photos suggest?

Are tourists havng it bad or what?

In my case I don't need to lie on the beach but do various touristy things in the day time and bars etc at night.

Thanks any input....

Just your luck - rain is very localised. Flash floods are not the normal. Any flood drains aways in a couple of hours. We can expect this for the next+ 4 months

Just waiting for some good flooding pictures......

Sorry, not have - just a few puddles...

post-35489-0-73670600-1433247339_thumb.j

Fancy a dip?

Just a touch of good, clean silt washed down from the mountains into Patong bay. I'm sure there's no bacteria or human waste mixed in with that lot...

post-35489-0-66470200-1433247524_thumb.j

Beautiful day today. It's been very dry compared to years past. The big problem with a dry wet season is a very dry high season. I see the water problems getting worse for sure next year.

Especially if you have to rely on government water.

Have a bloke I've known for 14 years doing some repairs to my garden sprinkler system. He says that there are lots of wells that have run dry this year, especially in Kata-Karon, Rawai and Phuket Town.

Radar is down

It's sunny.

Didn't get a chance to follow this up.

I use the radar mainly to see what it will going to be like in 1-3 hours, not what the weather is now. Of course I can open the window to see the current weather :D

At this time of year I find it useful to check the radar before going out on the scooter for a trip. As it often makes the difference between getting caught in rain or avoiding it by changing my timing.

It is the very useful planning tool when going out on the bike.

I much rather rely on my own observations.

Last sunday e.g. it was raining a bit at my house, and the radar showed thunderclouds. Looking outside, especially up, I expected it to be dry at Nai Harn beach. So went there, and had 1 hour of sun before I returned home (also sunny by then).