'Ten officials' behind illegal land deeds

Lite Beer

DSI official thinks only 10 per cent of Bonanza land might be legal; deeds for some 1,000 rai possibly issued unlawfully

Shocked, stunned, amazed ... well no not really ... Thainess at its most supreme and unlikely to ever change.

w00t.gif

For a poster who clearly has nothing but contempt for Thailand and anything Thai, and who keeps reminding us about, how smart he was to leave the country, please allow me a question:

Why continue to post on Thaivisa??

Sure that MENSA has a forum for smart guys like you..........................coffee1.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

These unscrupulous people have to go to gaol and have their assets confiscated. Then if they can prove their assets were obtain legally they can have them back.

Back minus the costs of putting the land back into natural state, which won't be cheap considering the size and the experts you will need to plant exactly the right trees.

Plus, where appropriate some serious compensation for any folks local / poor who have been intimidated to 'sell' etc.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A story from real life:

At my local land office the boss arrives 10.30 in his 3 million Benz. (Office opens 8.30)

A never ending stream of local "untouchables" enters his office. Transfer and money changing hands, all done in 15 minutes.

For us mortals, even with all the paperwork in order, on a good day the visit lasts 7-8 hours.

If they really want to fight corruption, land offices all over the country would be a very good starting point!!

Another real life story:

On the day of visit by my lawyer to transfer chanut for house and land to my company name the LTO head man is telling everybody that he's really sad because for most public servants that day is a public holiday but not for his office.

It makes him so sad that his people can't have a day off so he had decided to start a small fund so that at the end of the day he can give his staff a little gift.

The required contribution is 30,000Baht.

A local property agent who goes to this office every day tells my lawyer that this is just of the head mans numerous stories for the daily fund.

Edited by scorecard

Can anyone tell me why the hell there is a need for a speedway track in the middle of a national forest anyway? Whose harebrained scheme was this?

It didn't harm anyone, as no locals were inconvenienced, and the wildlife were issued ear muffs.

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me why the hell there is a need for a speedway track in the middle of a national forest anyway? Whose harebrained scheme was this?

Oh I dunno mate the scenery would be nice as you're flying off your bike when you crash

I don't know why gambling is illegal in Thailand surely investing in the stocks and shares is also a gamble? After all that's what many senior personnel within the Junta seem to be doing in their accumulative wealth??

Edited by Fat Haggis

Its not your misdeeds that will get you nicked its your political allegiance. Another witch hunt by the Khaki Men

Over the last 10 or so years the government has been SHINS, so naturally most of the corruption will be from them---think it is classed as law of averages, so why the bleeding heck is it a political witch hunt ????--------------do you realize what you posted ?? you shot yourself in the foot because your so eager to blame the army for anything.

That's kind of weak mate, corruption has been endemic in Thailand longer than you've lived there the Shins just took it further, but please don't be naive to think corruption can only be called so if it's done by Reds, yellows and green have all had their greedy wee trotters in pies just as much as the red trotters.

• Like 1

Oh I dunno mate the scenery would be nice as you're flying off your bike when you crash

I don't know why gambling is illegal in Thailand surely investing in the stocks and shares is also a gamble? After all that's what many senior personnel within the Junta seem to be doing in their accumulative wealth??

I think a calmer way of putting it would be not to go for the army's throat but anyone. Do you actually believe it is mostly the (junta) as you wish to name them top senior officials, that are involved, and if so name them. you have gone this far with the accusation against TVF rules/and government warnings, so name them.

You can do a more impartial post surely as so many big wigs from a cross section of society could have fingers in pies.

• Like 1

Not all Army did I say that, are you really naive to think they have not proffed in any shape or form by being on boards of directors of SOE' and also receiving salaries from the primary job?

Name them? Very very clever, you think I'm going to even be that stupid to post names on here when there's all these defamation laws, I don't need to name names, some of these names have already been named and also linked to nepotism and cronyism if you're not smart enough to read the same articles I do, then rhats not really my problem.

I can't stand corruption I see it every single day here in Iraq, it's part of their culture, you want to pass through areas of they want something you have to cough up money, or they don't let you pass, you can't report it to the authorities as they are the authorities and those at the higher levels are also getting back handers.

It can't be eradicated it's impossible you can try and reduce it, but there will always be someone willing to do someone a "favour" at a price, it's disgusting really but part of the culture and its in their mindset.

I hate it, but have no other choice but to accept it and there's NOTHING I can do as an individual to change it.

Integrity doesn't pay bills or put food on tables or shoes on feet mate.

• Like 1

What I find remarkable about this news item is the clarity and detail presented. It's actually possible, assuming the information is essentially correct, to make a judgement that corrupt acts occurred, and that certain people, if found guilty, should be punished.

Compare that to other news items that are short, confusing or nonspecific; such as the recent announcement regarding the "list of 100 corrupt officials". There is no way to make any judgement regarding those allegations.

What the investigators and the press need to do is more of the former (specific, explained in detail), and less of the latter (broad brush roundups).

This might restore confidence to Thai institutions.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Red vs Yellow kerfuffle. w00t.gif

What happens when, say a foreigner, in good faith, and after checking the land titles are correct and not mortgaged, leases or buys (in a company) land titles that were illegally granted by the Land Department in a dubious deal with a previous Thai Owner(s)?

The LD has already taken the bribes and the previous Owner(s) has sold the land on and made millions, maybe multiple times...

Has there been cases where the foreigner has had the land taken back by the Forestry Department?

That would really suck. One should have faith in the very Land Department to issue correct land titles, but if they don't, how can the foreigner be held responsible and lose his land, and the Thai thieves make of with the $$$. And how to they decide who is at fault if the land has sold 3 or 4 times since the dodgy titles and money has changed hands?

I read about these cases, but I have never heard of a foreigner losing what he thought was legal land.

Any cases? Interested to know.

The sale was illegal and you are the injured party that should be restored back to the day you signed for the purchase.

Yes, and buying land and building a home in the name of a company and not a person all sounds perfectly legit doesn't it?

Farangs can't buy or own land on their own, so to get round that they're buying and building in the name of a company and that doesn't sounds remotely wrong?

Its not your misdeeds that will get you nicked its your political allegiance. Another witch hunt by the Khaki Men

Give a little thought who has been in power for 10 years before spouting off who may get nicked ?? more than likely it will be your brigade as they held the corrupt positions especially over the last 3 years of PTP..

NOT another witch hunt as you put it---just another anti army post from you. normal.

And another boring, repetitive and childish post from you. Is no one allowed to say what they think if you don't agree ?

Do you really think the military can do no wrong ?

Why then does the PM say the top brass, including his brother, are off limits ?

Not all Army did I say that, are you really naive to think they have not proffed in any shape or form by being on boards of directors of SOE' and also receiving salaries from the primary job?

Name them? Very very clever, you think I'm going to even be that stupid to post names on here when there's all these defamation laws, I don't need to name names, some of these names have already been named and also linked to nepotism and cronyism if you're not smart enough to read the same articles I do, then rhats not really my problem.

I can't stand corruption I see it every single day here in Iraq, it's part of their culture, you want to pass through areas of they want something you have to cough up money, or they don't let you pass, you can't report it to the authorities as they are the authorities and those at the higher levels are also getting back handers.

It can't be eradicated it's impossible you can try and reduce it, but there will always be someone willing to do someone a "favour" at a price, it's disgusting really but part of the culture and its in their mindset.

I hate it, but have no other choice but to accept it and there's NOTHING I can do as an individual to change it.

FH. most of your post is fine and I agree with it-----the only problem being your emphasizing too much re--army too much instead of across the board selection, swaying mostly onto this stance in your posts.

Suppose most of us have been brought up with the notion that armies should not control countries, suppose we are also brainwashed in some way---my thinking is still on them lines BUT in this case the intervention HAD to happen---and no---elections at the time were a no no. just think where we would be had Yingluck won another 4 years-------catastrophic

• Like 1

FH. most of your post is fine and I agree with it-----the only problem being your emphasizing too much re--army too much instead of across the board selection, swaying mostly onto this stance in your posts.

Suppose most of us have been brought up with the notion that armies should not control countries, suppose we are also brainwashed in some way---my thinking is still on them lines BUT in this case the intervention HAD to happen---and no---elections at the time were a no no. just think where we would be had Yingluck won another 4 years-------catastrophic

Like you i am accustomed to the military's role being to protect the country from invasion and related issues and only to act domestically in support of the civil powers when called on to do so.

Unfortunately the Thai military are involved in so much well beyond such a remit and are not stopped by the politicians as they don't want to upset them in case there's a coup which is about all the military here seem to be prepared for. Can't have proper military duties interfering with money making.

• Like 1

Definitely don't disagree the coup had to happen, but disagree on their main reasons, escalating violence isn't true, civil war, biggest red herring of all, I've done a lot of research the information is there in prohibited reading within rhe Kingdom, the military have so much power and will never allow anyone to investigate them, what do you think that is mate?

I have zero problem if they were as open and transparent as any other department within the country, but they're off limits, why?

For sure the Shins has to be removed but the opportunity for the country's population itself to say enough is enough was denied by the protesters and then the army.

Constantly were being told that the PTP were no longer rhe majority, without ever being able to substantiate these claims by proving it through an election.

But wait, it will be countered with "but they will buy their way back in" which actually proves that they are still popular enough to accept money.

Never in a million years would the "thugs" be able to beat up entire villages for NOT voting a Shin, many villages are close nit communities and the Pui Yais and Kamnans are close friends, going against them just isn't going to happen.

The Army HAVE to be in power or at least anyone bar PTPS has to be in power when the event happens, for reasons that cannot be discussed which is a shame as its so very interesting, this is a power play that involves the very top tier of the country, the correct snouts have to be in that trough when it happens.

Thailand will change mate, I fear things will get worse when that event happens.

• Like 1