What type of insulin is available here?

riorobc023

Completely untrue.

It cannot be "cured".

There are some people who can control it through diet alone but this is not the same thing.

Others either cannot get adequate control with diet alone ior are unable to adhere to the degree of rigor needed.

OP - wide range of insulin products here, including Humalog and other fast acting preparations. . You just need a better pharmacy. Try Fascino on Suthep Road opposite the University Hospital.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

just for your info, if you have diabetes type 2, it can be cured and you can be off medication for the rest of your life... just google it

As already stated completely untrue !

The problem may be controlled using diet alone or diet combined with medication BUT the condition cannot be "cured" .

Completely untrue.

It cannot be "cured".

There are some people who can control it through diet alone but this is not the same thing.

Others either cannot get adequate control with diet alone ior are unable to adhere to the degree of rigor needed.

OP - wide range of insulin products here, including Humalog and other fast acting preparations. . You just need a better pharmacy. Try Fascino on Suthep Road opposite the University Hospital.

Hi sheryl,

I tried Fascino across from Hospital and pharma choice. Neither had a vial of humalog. Only pharmachoice had it but it was for "pen fill" , although i don't have a pen here or know where to buy one.

Brands of rapid-acting insulin avalable in Thailand and their distributors are as follows. I suggets you show the full list of brand names at the pharmacy. If still no luck, contact the distributors and ask where in CM they have supplied it.

1. Apidra Distributor: DKSH Tel: (+66) 2220 9000 , 1364 (Call Center) fax.png Email: [email protected]

2. Humalong Distributor: DKSH, see above

3. Actrapid HM (comes in both vial and pen) Distributor: Zuellig Tel: (+66) 2656 9800 fax.png Email: [email protected]

4. Novorapid (pen only) Distributor: Zuellig, see above

5. Humulin R Distributor: DKSH, see above

6. Insuman Rapid Distributor: DKSH, see above

7. Isugen-R Distributor: Berlin Pharm Tel: (+66) 2225 4261 -3 email.png Email: [email protected] (Indian brand, less expensive.)

8. Gensulin R Distributor: Cosma Medical tel 02367 1252 - Asian (singapore) brand, will cost less )

You'll need to check names carefully as many of these have longer acting versions, e.g. Isugen-N etc and staff in Thai pharmacies are not always trained people

Hi,

how can I find cheap ( not so expensive!) Novo Rapid Flex Pen and Lantus Solo Star pen in Bangkok, I found some in Bangkok but the price UNBELIEVABLE!

I usually get them next to nothing in Australia, with free Diabetes supply ( needles and Strips) and advice how can get them a bit cheaper in Thailand/Bangkok

many thanks

Unfortunately these are imports so they will be expensive.

Your best net is to get a member card at Fascino and buy there, but it will still be steep.

Or else switch to a less expensive brand, but that will mean also switching to injecting yourself rather than having the pen.

A less expensive brtands of rapid acting insulin, as per prior post is Isugen-R. A less expensive brand of long-acting is Basalin

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately these are imports so they will be expensive.

Your best net is to get a member card at Fascino and buy there, but it will still be steep.

Or else switch to a less expensive brand, but that will mean also switching to injecting yourself rather than having the pen.

A less expensive brtands of rapid acting insulin, as per prior post is Isugen-R. A less expensive brand of long-acting is Basalin

Sheryl, Is Insugen-R the only rapid acting insulin (non-import) available?

in the states obviously I'm prescribed humalog, which the duration is less than 4 hours.

--

On another note i went to the pharmacy, and the thai staff as you mentioned didn't know what i was talking about. So i will bring the list with me tomorrow. And the humalog is not available in a vial here.