American arrested, 2 injured, in multi-vehicle road crash in Pattaya

webfact

A violent mob goes after this lady & Thai apologists justify the action.

Farang woman almost kills dozens of innocent people and you try to justify her actions.

Explain why she fled the scene.

Only she can answer that, or maybe her toxicology report or driving documents (or possibly lack of) will.

If she'd got out straight away, apologised and waited for police then I doubt they'd have lynched her....using the excuse I was afraid so I drove away this breaking the law is very open to abuse.

I may have missed this but where does it say she caused the original accident, Before the rampage, I could be wrong ?

So why should she have got out and apologized ?

Are you just jumping to conclusions with no facts.

Waited for the cops for sure , fleeing an accident is so thai style, very bad.

There you go generalizing again "thai style"??? That infers that all Thais run away from accidents...which is nonsense.

I'm guessing you're a 60something, sexpat, who rocks a barstool from 11am to 11pm and wears a Chang wife beater top.....

See I can generalise too.....doesn't mean I'm right does it?.

And your statement is a little contradictory...one minute you're saying she may not have caused the initial accident, next you're saying fleeing an accident is so Thai style.

Read it in the paper hundreds of times over the years in accident reports. Driver flees the scene.

Thais do it because they know what's next. A possible lynching.

Many of these drivers actually report the accidents when they are safe from the mob.

Farang woman almost kills dozens of innocent people and you try to justify her actions.

Only she can answer that, or maybe her toxicology report or driving documents (or possibly lack of) will.

If she'd got out straight away, apologised and waited for police then I doubt they'd have lynched her....using the excuse I was afraid so I drove away this breaking the law is very open to abuse.

I may have missed this but where does it say she caused the original accident, Before the rampage, I could be wrong ?

So why should she have got out and apologized ?

Are you just jumping to conclusions with no facts.

Waited for the cops for sure , fleeing an accident is so thai style, very bad.

There you go generalizing again "thai style"??? That infers that all Thais run away from accidents...which is nonsense.

I'm guessing you're a 60something, sexpat, who rocks a barstool from 11am to 11pm and wears a Chang wife beater top.....

See I can generalise too.....doesn't mean I'm right does it?.

And your statement is a little contradictory...one minute you're saying she may not have caused the initial accident, next you're saying fleeing an accident is so Thai style.

Read it in the paper hundreds of times over the years in accident reports. Driver flees the scene.

Thais do it because they know what's next. A possible lynching.

Many of these drivers actually report the accidents when they are safe from the mob.

Firstly, I've seen dozens of accidents or scenes of accidents and never have I seen a lynching or mob justice...so either you're exaggerating or I guess where I live it's more civilized.

Secondly if the driver had been Thai I know for a certainty that you'd have the usual Thai bashers on here saying the Thai driver was an idiot or on yaba or drunk or carrying drugs....

Seems that double standards is the norm for the majority of TVF posters.

I don't see a violent Thai mob here, she was probably on drugs and could not control her car, Of course Thais that was almost hit by her car were upset , but they didn't beat her, the police came, dragged her out of the car and arrested her, This is the normal way to handle crazy drivers,

Now will you please stop this Thai bashing?

• Like 2

I don't see a violent Thai mob here, she was probably on drugs and could not control her car, Of course Thais that was almost hit by her car were upset , but they didn't beat her, the police came, dragged her out of the car and arrested her, This is the normal way to handle crazy drivers,

I guessed you missed the Bangkok Post article about the angry mob taking whacks at her.

That video showing the mob attacking THAI people.... that's already funny for a farang to post a video where THAI people beat up THAI people and say.. hey look, 'Thais love to mob farangs'. Simply ridiculous.

Secondly, have you ever stopped for 1 second to THINK why was that man beaten up??

Even though I was not there... I can tell you easily.... the simple answer was that he tried to ESCAPE after an accident!!! That is why people go after him - for JUSTICE! You simply do not run away after knocking down someone! That's exactly what the American girl did.

What was shown on the video is actually called 'Street vigilante', for all those Thai bashers and crybabies who are so mortified by Thai commonfolk (yet for some hard to believe reasons... are still actually living in Thailand)! Astounding.

After that son of a gun got into an accident (perhaps hurting someone), and tried to run, got caught up, and beaten into a pulp by vigilantes dispensing justice. And they TIED HIM UP after that, as can be seen near the ending of the video.

WHAT FOR? To run a truck over him? No. It is to await the arrival of the police to take away this d bag who tried to run after an accident.

The man in the video would very likely not have been beaten at all had he just stopped where he was and tried to make good with the other party.

Well deserved. Oh, by the way.... he is not a farang.

Seems that some farang have been scared upon hearing or seeing one incident of a farang being beaten and therefore got scarred forever about 'angry mobs in Thailand'.

Somchai really got a can of whoop ass handed to him in that vid.

I guessed you missed the Bangkok Post article about the angry mob taking whacks at her.

Yeah, AFTER she done a runner and went on a 13 vehicle damaging rampage.....no wonder people were a little peaved ...so would I be if someone had run me off the road or smashed into the side of me and failed to stop.

• Like 1

Yeah, AFTER she done a runner and went on a 13 vehicle damaging rampage.....no wonder people were a little peaved ...so would I be if someone had run me off the road or smashed into the side of me and failed to stop.

I find it funny that the irresponsible and reckless actions of this American woman have made it necessary for some posters to point out the "violent mob mentality" of the average Thai people. whistling.gif

Ten years on and off in Thailand and yet to see this seemingly "daily occurrence".

• Like 2

I find it funny that the irresponsible and reckless actions of this American woman have made it necessary for some posters to point out the "violent mob mentality" of the average Thai people. whistling.gif

Ten years on and off in Thailand and yet to see this seemingly "daily occurrence".

And as someone who seems open minded and respectful you're unlikely to, the ones who see the apparent "Thai aggression" are usually in areas full of obnoxious Westerners who think they're above the indigenous people and talk to them like dirt. I've lived here 4 years and the only times I've encountered trouble....Westerners were always the initial aggressor.

• Like 2

You didn't read the Bangkok Post article? The mob was sttacking her again when the police pulled her from the car.

But you didn't see it so it doesn't happen. Right?

Again. Thai people know better and traditionally flee the scene to avoid lynching.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird

And as someone who seems open minded and respectful you're unlikely to, the ones who see the apparent "Thai aggression" are usually in areas full of obnoxious Westerners who think they're above the indigenous people and talk to them like dirt. I've lived here 4 years and the only times I've encountered trouble....Westerners were always the initial aggressor.

Agree. There are far too many aggressive Thais in the tourist areas ready to bash a farang for a minor offense.

This poor woman had to flee for her life in a panic after just a minor accident.

Lucky the police finally arrived to protect her from the mob.

They still got a few whacks in even when in police custody.

Fortunate we are not reading a headline "Mob lynched American teacher after minor traffic accident."

Land of smiles.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird

Agree. There are far too many aggressive Thais in the tourist areas ready to bash a farang for a minor offense.

This poor woman had to flee for her life in a panic after just a minor accident.

Lucky the police finally arrived to protect her from the mob.

They still got a few whacks in even when in police custody.

Fortunate we are not reading a headline "Mob lynched American teacher after minor traffic accident."

Land of smiles.

You clearly mis read my reply. This woman has no defense....she was involved in an accident and instead of waiting for police sped off and caused damage to numerous other vehicles. You can defend this 'poor woman' as you call her....I call her a criminal.

Oh, and as for the land of smiles comment. If you don't like it here go to Syria.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Like I said. If she didn't escape the mob we would probably be reading about a lynching.
Lucky the police protected her from that second mob.

I was unfortunate to see a similar mob kill a guy after the police cuffed the guy.
Must be terrifying to be cuffed and besten to death.

If you read what the initial paper stated, it says she openly admits to panicking and driving off from the initial accident and the mob that surrounded her when stopped was mainly victims of those she had hit and witnesses. Nowhere does it say there was a mob after the initial collision. An update in the news states that she has openly admitted to having a medical issue regarding tension and that she is on constant medication for it....in which case, she probably shouldn't be driving.

So with this now released info can you really blame people for being angry when some crazy driver drives into oncoming traffic ,smashes into 13 cars, knocks two motorcycle drivers off their bikes and is only stopped when she has her tires shot out? How many of those vehicles contained children?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes. She panicked and drove off. You would too if a mob came at you.

Again.....she admits to panicking after the initial collision.....no mention of a mob congregating after that one. After she was eventually stopped then a mob formed largely down to the fact she could have killed dozens of people. I'm failing to see how you're failing to grasp this other than you're reluctant to accept that she was in the wrong.

• Like 1

Again.....she admits to panicking after the initial collision.....no mention of a mob congregating after that one. After she was eventually stopped then a mob formed largely down to the fact she could have killed dozens of people. I'm failing to see how you're failing to grasp this other than you're reluctant to accept that she was in the wrong.

but she didn't kill dozens of people did she, yes i know, could have, would have, should have, fact is this post is full of drama queens.

but she didn't kill dozens of people did she, yes i know, could have, would have, should have, fact is this post is full of drama queens.

So in your opinion driving down the wrong side of the road, smashing into 13 cars, knocking two motorcyclists off their bikes is fine and dandy. She committed numerous crimes and if it was in the nations of our births would almost certainly be going to prison....there's no drama about that merely facts.

So in your opinion driving down the wrong side of the road, smashing into 13 cars, knocking two motorcyclists off their bikes is fine and dandy. She committed numerous crimes and if it was in the nations of our births would almost certainly be going to prison....there's no drama about that merely facts.

Shouldn't the mob that was chasing her be held accountable?

I think so.

Have you ever considered a car being a weapon, when in wrong hands? It truly is one...wai2.gif

Shouldn't the mob that was chasing her be held accountable?

I think so.

So if someone crashed into your vehicle and you chased after them you would think it's justifiable to punish you also?

When did the aggressor become victim and victim the aggressor?

She clearly has emotional issues which she admits to and shouldn't be driving if her reaction to an accident and annoyed Thai causes a complete melt down leading to something that resembles a Michael Bay movie.