British man assaulted outside Convenience Store in Central Pattaya

webfact

Another farang who thinks hes 10 foot tall and bulletproof.

If he had have kept is mouth shut and smiled like most of us, i am pretty sure he could have staggered home.

Full marks for at least wearing a shirt.

Yep. at least he has a shirt on.

Being drunk and alone in Pattaya late at night is very dangerous. There are many people who wait for opportunity to take advantage of the vulnerable.

If you are going to get drunk make sure you have friends around you for protection.

Highly unlikely anything would happen if you are in a group of friends.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's truly amazing how many on this forum condone this violent behavior against anyone. Drunk or not, tourist or not, Thailand or not it simply does not matter. The fact that many of you are blaming the victim you are condoning the violence against another person.

The fact that this is NOT an isolated incident says a great deal about how unsafe it is. Maybe the PM can concentrate some quality time on cleaning this type of behavior to allow the tourists to feel safe to return to Thailand.

It's complete nonsense to say Thailand is "unsafe". No one is condoning violence whether it comes from locals or tourists, although some only choose to focus on one. Thailand is a lot safer than most English provincial towns and cities in the small hours of the morning on a Saturday!

Just to expand, IMHO, Thailand is likely safer than most British villages and hamlets....................wink.png

• Like 1

And how did the Brit end up in this situation ? Yes, he was assaulted by Thai men but he must have provoked them a lot before this happened.

If you try to be friendly and avoid confrontations , then nothing will happen to you.

• Like 2

And how did the Brit end up in this situation ? Yes, he was assaulted by Thai men but he must have provoked them a lot before this happened.

If you try to be friendly and avoid confrontations , then nothing will happen to you.

There is also another 'alternative' issue the point of which some on this forum may be getting at....

'We' as western males are expected to walk around ignoring the provocation that 'some' Thai's may throw at us. Fortunately this is not a common occurrence.

Of course, it would be daft to react in any form or manner, but sometimes any level of ignorance of this provocation leads to further provocation. I've certainly been in situations where its been difficult not to respond, but knowing that if I were to respond it opens the door to a potential violent response.

Should we really accept this as the norm?.... Are we to walk around like 'wet fops' ignoring insults?...

In Bangkok, in the middle of the day someone told me to 'Suck my C^ck' and then followed up with "And your Wife" (who I was with at the time)... It was nearly enough for me to react and belt the lad (another Westerner), instead a cool head prevailed and I ignored him instead of allowing a situation to escalate. This lad will get into trouble with someone else soon enough.

As the comment in the post above suggests - the Thai men must have been provoked... Quite possibly, but could the British man have been provoked into an initial reaction?

It's not uncommon to see this type of negative provocation from groups of young men (in Thailand and elsewhere) especially in areas where there may be some discord between locals and Westerners (i.e. such areas as Patong, Khao Sarn Rd, Pattaya, Silom etc) where Western Men are seen throw cash around, get drunk and get girls...

It has already been mentioned on this thread that perhaps the best way to avoid issues is remain in a group.

• Like 2

More mob violence by a group of Thais.whistling.gif

The "victim" likely had something to do with starting the incident. In TL, if you don't seek trouble, rarely does trouble seek you.

I was proud to read that only 3 Thai males had entered into the assault...instead of the usual 20 or so mobbing him...

Had this been certain parts of NYC, he'll have the whole hood mobbing him...plus Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson.

There is also another 'alternative' issue the point of which some on this forum may be getting at....

'We' as western males are expected to walk around ignoring the provocation that 'some' Thai's may throw at us. Fortunately this is not a common occurrence.

Of course, it would be daft to react in any form or manner, but sometimes any level of ignorance of this provocation leads to further provocation. I've certainly been in situations where its been difficult not to respond, but knowing that if I were to respond it opens the door to a potential violent response.

Should we really accept this as the norm?.... Are we to walk around like 'wet fops' ignoring insults?...

In Bangkok, in the middle of the day someone told me to 'Suck my C^ck' and then followed up with "And your Wife" (who I was with at the time)... It was nearly enough for me to react and belt the lad (another Westerner), instead a cool head prevailed and I ignored him instead of allowing a situation to escalate. This lad will get into trouble with someone else soon enough.

As the comment in the post above suggests - the Thai men must have been provoked... Quite possibly, but could the British man have been provoked into an initial reaction?

It's not uncommon to see this type of negative provocation from groups of young men (in Thailand and elsewhere) especially in areas where there may be some discord between locals and Westerners (i.e. such areas as Patong, Khao Sarn Rd, Pattaya, Silom etc) where Western Men are seen throw cash around, get drunk and get girls...

It has already been mentioned on this thread that perhaps the best way to avoid issues is remain in a group.

Interesting that that the other person was another Farang. I had a similar confrontation the other day in tesco,Ban Chang. A fellow Englishman, about 40 with fair hair, smart and well dressed, for absolutely no reason confronted me, swearing and wanting to fight. I quickly deduced that he was not drunk,although he may have been on drugs/steroids. Before the situation escalated my Thai wife appeared,then he quickly ran off.

My thought was in Thailand we have to be careful in not confronting SOME Thai men, as we know the situation can very quickly explode and unfortunately due to the fact that there is No police force,we can never win, yet it would seem that some of our fellow Farang's are just as liable to be nut cases as are some Thais.

Interesting that that the other person was another Farang. I had a similar confrontation the other day in tesco,Ban Chang. A fellow Englishman, about 40 with fair hair, smart and well dressed, for absolutely no reason confronted me, swearing and wanting to fight. I quickly deduced that he was not drunk,although he may have been on drugs/steroids. Before the situation escalated my Thai wife appeared,then he quickly ran off.

My thought was in Thailand we have to be careful in not confronting SOME Thai men, as we know the situation can very quickly explode and unfortunately due to the fact that there is No police force,we can never win, yet it would seem that some of our fellow Farang's are just as liable to be nut cases as are some Thais.

And yet some posters seem to genuinely believe "nut cases" are exclusively Thai!

A couple of posts have been removed, if you have a problem with a previous post please use the report button and we will look at the posts. Thank you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Go to another country and get drunk and stupid!!!! I am sure it is all the fault of the farang!!!! they cause all this headache.....and they get a big headache in return....

probably acted all tough and cool, disrespected thais and maybe even tried to flirt with 7-11 girl.....this will not end well!!!

he is not helping us smile in land of smiles......back to UK to work in gravel pit!!!!

Oh, well done Colombo! Let's blame the foreigner. If he got slapped on-on-one, I'd say "fair play". But he was set upon by 3 of them. Nothing justifies that. You might think about that first before speaking garbage.

Oh how do you know that he didn't say to all 3; come-on ya bastards, I'll take ya all on, come on try me, burp, puke, swing, miss, fall, get up, curse, swear. There is NO defence for public drunkenness.

I know because he was dragged out of a store where he was asking for help against his attackers.

Yes! It is against the Law in most countries to be drunk in public. But this does not give anyone the right to beat you to a pulp just because of that.

There probably isn't anyone here who at one time or another wasn't over the legal limit in a public place. Especially when on vacation. So who here can cast the first stone?

Go to another country and get drunk and stupid!!!! I am sure it is all the fault of the farang!!!! they cause all this headache.....and they get a big headache in return....

probably acted all tough and cool, disrespected thais and maybe even tried to flirt with 7-11 girl.....this will not end well!!!

he is not helping us smile in land of smiles......back to UK to work in gravel pit!!!!

Oh, well done Colombo! Let's blame the foreigner. If he got slapped on-on-one, I'd say "fair play". But he was set upon by 3 of them. Nothing justifies that. You might think about that first before speaking garbage.

Oh how do you know that he didn't say to all 3; come-on ya bastards, I'll take ya all on, come on try me, burp, puke, swing, miss, fall, get up, curse, swear. There is NO defence for public drunkenness.

I know because he was dragged out of a store where he was asking for help against his attackers.

Yes! It is against the Law in most countries to be drunk in public. But this does not give anyone the right to beat you to a pulp just because of that.

There probably isn't anyone here who at one time or another wasn't over the legal limit in a public place. Especially when on vacation. So who here can cast the first stone?

Guys, read this, it seems the drunken english &lt;deleted&gt; got what he deserved. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815906-three-thai-men-arrested-for-assaulting-briton/

farang is not allowed to flirt with 7 - 11 girl ?

is this a new law ?

did she BELONG to someone already ?