100-year-old US man kills wife with ax

webfact

Prosecutor: 100-year-old man killed wife with ax, then self

ELMWOOD PARK, N.J. (AP) — Prosecutors say a 100-year-old man apparently killed his wife with an ax as she slept in their home, then killed himself in the bathroom with a knife.

But it's still not clear what sparked the murder-suicide late Sunday in Elmwood Park.

Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli says there was a "history of domestic issues" between Michael Juskin and his 88-year-old wife, Rosalia. But he said a motive for the attack remains under investigation.

Police officers found the couple in their Spruce Street home after relative — who was not in the home — called authorities. The deaths were made public Monday.

Authorities do not believe anyone else was in the home when the attack occurred.

Neighbors told The Record newspaper that they often saw the couple out and about — Michael Juskin walking a dog and his wife tending to her garden — but said they kept to themselves.

Barbara Szczecina, 65, who lives down the block, said she saw Rosalia sitting on her front porch around 10 a.m. Saturday.

"She used to be in her garden all the time," Szczecina said. "They were always together, putzing around outside."

Family members who were at the home on Monday declined to comment on the deaths.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-04-07

Very unAmerican not to use a gun.

Hope I can still lift an axe at 100 years old!

Nonsense...

"Lizzie Borden took an axe

and gave her mother forty whacks.

When the job was nicely done

she gave her father forty-one."

It's as American as apple pie.

• Like 1

He was probably thinking about it for the last 50 years, and now that he's got

nothing to lose, he just said, oh, what the worst than can happened?

Dementia, or perhaps knowledge that one had a critical illness and would not last much longer.

The worse that can happen for those of limited means is a public senior living facility.

Nonsense...

Yes.

If history is to be believed. The Red Indians were masters in the use of the Tomahawk thumbsup.gif

It's quite sad in my eyes. To have gone for 100 years and then snap - something doesn't add up here.

Do American's use OXO gravy on their mash?

Since this happened in No Joisey, I hope not. They can't cook any better than the British can. You have to go to the deep south in the US to get good sausage gravy.

I wonder what happened here. I always wanted to die at 100 years old, but killed by a jealous husband. biggrin.png

Dont worry you wont make it to 100....a crazy gun crazed American will help you out and take you out of your misery prior to that milestone. Us Americans can recognize people out who dont deserve to live. We are smart like that.

I was never "crazed" about them, but while in America, I did own a few guns.

What does not feel right here and makes me curious, is your claim to be an American.

"Us Americans can recognize people out who...."

I lived in America for over 58 years and never met an American who spoke or wrote in English the way you do!

Why do you pretend ( poorly ) to be someone or something you are not?

and claim to know about something you do not know about?

Very curious indeed!

• Like 2

Nonsense...

So true...go axe anyone...

He was probably thinking about it for the last 50 years, and now that he's got

nothing to lose, he just said, oh, what the worst than can happened?

Maybe that's what really happened. Who knows ??

all i can say is that the wife was 12 years younger..., make of that what you want.

you are right, at 88 she has found a toy boy,enough to upset a hundred year old who is dying for sex
He might have discovered she was chatting with someone else on Facebook.

Seriously, I can see that after 100 years, the quality of life has probably deteriorated to the point that you could be justified in deciding that enough is enough.

I believe we all have the right to check out if the time and circumstances are right to do such a thing.

But an Axe???

There are so many ways to go that are easy, painless and not so messy!

RIP, to both of them.

• Like 1

Dont worry you wont make it to 100....a crazy gun crazed American will help you out and take you out of your misery prior to that milestone. Us Americans can recognize people out who dont deserve to live. We are smart like that.

Know thyself.

all i can say is that the wife was 12 years younger..., make of that what you want.

you are right, at 88 she has found a toy boy,enough to upset a hundred year old who is dying for sex

Do you think he was "...dying for sex."?

Well, maybe he was - if so, they both died for it.