How many 1yr multiple entry O visa am i allowed?

I come to Thailand from U.K on 1 yr O non-immigrant visa's,i usually stay in Thailand for 6-8 months & return to the U.K. for 4 months,i am now on my 4th 1 yr visa obtained from U.K. I am 70 yrs old male i dont have a Thai bank & i dont have 800,000 baht or even half that amount to leave over here laying idle in a Thai bank.I would like to know if their is a maximum for the amount of 1 yr multiple entries i will be allowed to keep applying for? i enjoy my months here to get away from the U.K winters & meeting up again with the many friends i have made over my visits here.

Thanks for any answers you can give?

Please no advice on getting a retirement visa as i have stated i dont have the funds to qualify.

Hi Ray; i am on my 12th consecutive one year visa and have never had any suggestions made that I could experience a problem with my applications.

I don't have a Thai bank account and you do not need 800,000 baht here for a Retirement Visa that I have.

you do not need 800,000 baht here for a Retirement Visa that I have.

What? blink.png

I obtain my visa in my country and show an income of more than 65,000 baht per month in my country. I do not need to have a bank account or funds in Thailand. Never had for the 12 years I have had a retirement visa here.

..no limit is right... I get an OA Multi entry visa in Australia..requirement: 65K Bt income .. if income (pension) is less than 65k.. difference in Cash deposit is ok... the money does not have to be in Thailand... when I get my visa I provide bank statement with pension deposits showing... and a statement from a fund where I keep my $$ stashed... I can get this visa renewed in Thailand .. same documents... but must be verified with a stamp from your embassy..

Another point about this visa that many don't seem to know.. If I leave Thailand just before the visa expires and return I can stay for a full year.. but.. I lose the multi enty part... if I leave during the second year I must get a new visa. My visa was to expire March 27.. I crossed into Laos and came directly back.. I can now stay until March 23 2016. ...with 90 day reports of course...

I'm on my first 0-A multi ( long stay ) visa ..

Started feb 7th 2015. .. I arrived 7th March .. As it's a multi , my understand is that I can come and go as I please as many times as I like up until 6th March 2016 ... And as previously said if I go home (uk ) say Jan 2016 , and come back even a day before 7 th feb , I will get another 1 year , no bank account needed .... so far so good . However ,

I might need to go home 27th may , for say 2-3 weeks , does that mean I won't need to go and get my 90 day check done because I'm leaving before it's due ( circa early June ) , but returning mid June ? ..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I'm on my first 0-A multi ( long stay ) visa ..

Started feb 7th 2015. .. I arrived 7th March .. As it's a multi , my understand is that I can come and go as I please as many times as I like up until 6th March 2016 ... And as previously said if I go home (uk ) say Jan 2016 , and come back even a day before 7 th feb , I will get another 1 year , no bank account needed .... so far so good . However ,
I might need to go home 27th may , for say 2-3 weeks , does that mean I won't need to go and get my 90 day check done because I'm leaving before it's due ( circa early June ) , but returning mid June ? ..

Take care !

You can only "come & go" as you please whist the Visa is VALID (enter before date)

By making an exit/return just before the visa expires will get you another 12 months permission to stay but during that period you will need a re-entry permit if you wish to travel.

Edited by nzexpat

Hi Ray; i am on my 12th consecutive one year visa and have never had any suggestions made that I could experience a problem with my applications.

I don't have a Thai bank account and you do not need 800,000 baht here for a Retirement Visa that I have.

Retirement visa? I was thinking the Retirement part was something you did after you get the Non O. An extension.

Has there been any changes? An extension could be based on marriage, retirement...or (I believe) another reason.

Also, I do believe one can squeeze two years out of one non O, retirement extension, by leaving and reentering before the first year is up?

I was not asked to put money in a Thai account. I simply showed proof of income that matched the requirement (bank statements) and an affidavit.

What? blink.png

It's true...

proof of income...alone is enough...and I bring an Affidavit from the US consulate as well.

I do not need a bank account here....but need proof of monthly income (3 bank statements) . I forgot the actual amount, but I am above that.

There is also a method of combination bank account/income.

some prefer keeping all their money locked here...i do not.

Edited by slipperylobster

What? blink.png

It's true...

proof of income...alone is enough...and I bring an Affidavit from the US consulate as well.

I do not need a bank account here....but need proof of monthly income (3 bank statements) . I forgot the actual amount, but I am above that.

There is also a method of combination bank account/income.

some prefer keeping all their money locked here...i do not.

It's not a retirement visa (unless you're actually getting new visas all the time at some embassy outside the country). You're talking about an extension of stay from immigrations. Visas allow you to ENTER the country. Extensions of stay or permissions to stay allow you to remain IN the country.

With few exceptions where immigrations might issue a conversion of visa or entry type, visas are issued only at embassies and consulate. Extensions or permissions to remain in Thailand are given at immigrations inside Thailand.

It's not just semantics ... many people think their visa has been extended each year and assume that allows them to travel in and out of Thailand as the original visa did. If you're here on an extension of stay issued by an immigrations office in Thailand and want to travel outside of Thailand and return, you need a re-entry permit because you do not have a valid visa that allows you to re-enter Thailand. You have permission to remain IN Thailand.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

As you will know, all Non O applications must now be approved by the Thai embassy in London along with the correct evidence of income or state pension, or proof of marriage, visiting parents, children, etc., as opposed to previous years where different consulates would accept different levels of documentation and had seemingly contradictory rules. So as long as you meet the criteria, there is currently no limit.

Point of clarity please .

I have a non imm, O multi visa from the UK based on a state retirement pension . I recently went on a 90 day visa run to Cambodia with only 2 days

remaining before the year was up on my visa .

The Thai immigration gave me another 90 days and said to me that when that expires I can get another 30 days only .

Am I misunderstanding what has been written in previous posts with regards to being able to stay for another year , albeit a permission to stay in Thailand

only without the multi entry .

Thanks in advance for any help .

I have a non imm, O multi visa from the UK based on a state retirement pension . I recently went on a 90 day visa run to Cambodia with only 2 days

The Thai immigration gave me another 90 days and said to me that when that expires I can get another 30 days only .

Am I misunderstanding what has been written in previous posts with regards to being able to stay for another year , albeit a permission to stay in Thailand

The only way you can get another year with your non-o visa entry is to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement. You can then get a multiple re-entry permit if you want to travel a lot.

Or perhaps you are thinking about a OA visa that gives on year entries each time you enter the country. With that visa you can get a one year entry just before it expires and then get a re-entry permit to keep that one year valid if you want to travel.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your visa can, indeed, be extended but only via applying for an " extension of stay based on retirement" you would have to be able to satisfy the financial requirement of 800,000 in a Thai bank or provide evidence of a monthly income of 65,000 Bht with a letter from the British Embassy.

I believe you are confusing the "O" visa you have, which only allows 90 day stays with the very different "O-A" visa.

Edited by nzexpat

You are not misunderstanding it but you are confused and it is not your fault, because some members have written "retirement visa" when there is in fact no such visa.

1. One member wrote "retirement visa" and meant the non-immigrant visa category O/A (non-O/A visa), with which a foreigner gets permission to stay for one year on every arrival in Thailand during the validity period of the visa.

2. Another member wrote "retirement visa" and meant the extension of stay for the reason of retirement (retirement extension) under clause 2.22 of Police Order 327/2557, which allows the foreigner who is already in Thailand to remain for an additional one year.

Your non-immigrant visa category O (non-O visa) is neither of the above but if you are over 50 years old you may apply for the retirement extension if you can meet the financial requirements.

i have ma retirement visa here made in thailand, no need to show money in the bank. ist easy cost you 20000 per year

I wonder how they do that? That's very clever, but a bit pricey at 20K. Is it Kosher?wink.png

You use an agent, who will hold your hand bringing you to your embassy for the income affidavit, fills out the application form for the retirement extension for you, brings you to the immigration office and deals with the officer. 1,900 application fee for the immigration office, 18,100 Baht service fee for the agent.

• Like 1

i have ma retirement visa here made in thailand, no need to show money in the bank. ist easy cost you 20000 per year

I wonder how they do that? That's very clever, but a bit pricey at 20K. Is it Kosher?wink.png

You use an agent, who will hold your hand bringing you to your embassy for the income affidavit, fills out the application form for the retirement extension for you, brings you to the immigration office and deals with the officer. 1,900 application fee for the immigration office, 18,100 Baht service fee for the agent.

Or , as I suspect you know, "agents" will make "arrangements" when the applicant cannot demonstrate an adequate bank balance or income.

Of course such "arrangements" are illegal !

Something about this one doesn't click - 20000 per year for a Retirement visa - thats about $50 a month or 1600 baht..........appears pricey - anyone else??blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

I take it he means a retirement extension, and it is indeed rather costly. See here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/815398-how-many-1yr-multiple-entry-o-visa-am-i-allowed/#entry9283954

The other possibility, an illegal modus operandi suspected by some, is being clamped down upon by immigration headquarters and can get the participants in the crime into serious trouble.

Both yourself and the OP quite clearly referred to a multi entry Non Imm O visa, but many of the posters have started talking about an O-A visa and muddied the waters.