90 day reporting 298 people before me

There are just so many, many farangs in Bangkok...gosh knows how many thousands fall in their service area.. Trying to compare Bangkok immigration to a provincial/small city immigration office is like trying to compare apples and oranges. But like I mentioned in my earlier post, regardless of the number of people waiting in queue (from a few to a lot) sometimes Cheang Wattana is just s....l.....o.....w in processing queue numbers. I really hope this online reporting works out.

I completely forgot it was Chakri day yesterday. Stupid me! Still a 298 people long queu for a 90 day report is substantial. Also, why is there no immigration Office in Eastern Bangkok. Cost me 90 minutes to reach Chaeng Wattana by car. Sorry for my rants, but today was just a complete waste of my time.

Why are you complaining that you don't have an immigration office in Eastern Bangkok. The Immigration office I have to report to is 125 km away from me in Nakhon Sawan and I don't whine about the 1hr 45 minute drive to get there.

Driving for 1 hour 45 minutes or standing in a non stop traffic jam for 2 hours is quite a difference. I love road trips, bit really hate the early tollway traffic in Bangkok. Also, Bangkok has a population of about 10 million people and Nakhon Nowhere maybe 50.000. So you might expect more offices in Bangkok.

I would prefer driving to Nakhon Sawan and back than to Chaeng Wattana. Love the food and fruit stalls on the way.

Ok following is my recent 90-day reporting at LadPhrao: It couldn't be more pain-less (or less pain-free) it's almost fun,

I now kind of look forward to it:

"I did mine at Ladphrao on Mar 23. I brought in everything, tm47, passport and previous receipt (no big deal really.) Came in at 6:15pm, shown to the window at 6:16 and got stamped out (on the receipt) at 6:17. Record time: 2 min.

It would have been less if it wasn't for some grumbling from the lady officer, as she was cleaning her desk."

I completely forgot it was Chakri day yesterday. Stupid me! Still a 298 people long queu for a 90 day report is substantial. Also, why is there no immigration Office in Eastern Bangkok. Cost me 90 minutes to reach Chaeng Wattana by car. Sorry for my rants, but today was just a complete waste of my time.

Why are you complaining that you don't have an immigration office in Eastern Bangkok. The Immigration office I have to report to is 125 km away from me in Nakhon Sawan and I don't whine about the 1hr 45 minute drive to get there.

Driving for 1 hour 45 minutes or standing in a non stop traffic jam for 2 hours is quite a difference. I love road trips, bit really hate the early tollway traffic in Bangkok. Also, Bangkok has a population of about 10 million people and Nakhon Nowhere maybe 50.000. So you might expect more offices in Bangkok.

I would prefer driving to Nakhon Sawan and back than to Chaeng Wattana. Love the food and fruit stalls on the way.

The office does not just serve Nakhon Sawan but the whole of that province as well as the whole of Khampaeng Phet province both of which is a far larger though less poulated area than Bangkok.

There are only about 8 ladies in the front office who deal not only with farangs but also all the other foreigners in the 2 districts, Burmese, Lao and every other nationality other than Thais.

Edited by billd766