PM appoints official team to enforce new order

Lite Beer

BANGKOK: -- TO PRESERVE peace and order in the country, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has signed an order appointing officials to enforce Article 44 of the provisional charter.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said Wednesday that he has not seen the order but was informed that it would be applied to the offenders of four laws - lese majeste or Article 112 of the Criminal Code, and Articles 113-118, which are for security breaches, possession of war weapons without a permit and violation of the junta's orders.

The authorised officials to enforce these particular laws can only be appointed by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), he said.

For instance, the NCPO order would specify the ranks of officials who can conduct arrests and searches or issue summons.

People facing searches, arrests or summons by any official should ask to see the ID of that official to ascertain if he was appointed by the NCPO.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/PM-appoints-official-team-to-enforce-new-order-30257700.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-08

"People facing searches, arrests or summons by any official should ask to see the ID of that official to ascertain if he was appointed by the NCPO."

Easy - I presume they will be wearing brown shirts?

Well the police officers might be considering it's their standard uniform!!

"People facing searches, arrests or summons by any official should ask to see the ID of that official to ascertain if he was appointed by the NCPO."

Really? I've never seen a copper in brown or Tan in my short time here, always the greyish ones, I'll need to look out for this as youve piqued my curiosity and no aim not being facetious I'm being serious, never seen the cops up our way in brown.

Really? I've never seen a copper in brown or Tan in my short time here, always the greyish ones, I'll need to look out for this as youve piqued my curiosity and no aim not being facetious I'm being serious, never seen the cops up our way in brown.

Where do you think the acronym BIB came from - and it isn't blue or black..........rolleyes.gif

And anyway I think tx22cb was referring to a different epoch.....thumbsup.gif

I actually took It the same way as I used to describe UK coppers, well you learn something new every day indeed!! Now that it's been pointed out I'll start seeing them all over now lol. I feel like I've missed the party!!

Don't feel bad. I took it the same way when I first saw it. I thought it was just a Western idiom for police as in boys in blue. We have a lot of different NES countries represented and I still don't know all of the common English terms, especially colloquial ones.

You may never see them coming Fat. They could be like a lightning strike; next thing you know your repeating the Generals 12 commandments under a bright light in a jungle lair.

And you guys respond to this news by throwing childish put downs at each other and making jokes about what color their uniforms are.

I wish there was another, real-time news source about Thailand other than this forum.

I just tried putting another in but it was removed? Look up one that has Teak in the title.

Edited by Chris Lawrence
  • Like 1

Doesn't Article 44 cover the Computer Crimes Act? We should lure Zuck over here so he can pay for his crimes!

That's your response to a news event like this? Wake the <deleted> up, this is serious news.

Edited by metisdead

You can run, but you can't hide.......................

Art 44 enforcers will reach you anywhere!!

attachicon.gifpolice-raft.jpg

Sorry guys but this political nonsense, it getting too depressing to be taken seriously........

why do thai copper dudes wear skintight polyester shirts ? kinda look painted on :-)

And you guys respond to this news by throwing childish put downs at each other and making jokes about what color their uniforms are.

I wish there was another, real-time news source about Thailand other than this forum.

Most of the people posting here have covered Article 44 in other threads. There are several including the ones regarding the negative responses from foreign governments and some Thai official trying to pretend it's very similar to something the French have and only succeeding in showing how little he knows.

The news is in the post at the top the rest are not news but comments

There's not much else to say really that hasn't already been said or that we can't say due to restrictions.

Of course you're welcome to provide your own comments on this serious news. Once you finished complaining about everyone else's of course.

See what you've done there? You've got me all sarcastic again.

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 2

ARTICLE 44

THE NATION

NCPO alone can authorise officers; will apply to offenders of four laws

BANGKOK: -- TO PRESERVE peace and order in the country, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has signed an order appointing officials to enforce Article 44 of the provisional charter.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said yesterday that he has not seen the order but was informed that it would be applied to the offenders of four laws - lese majeste or Article 112 of the Criminal Code, and Articles 113-118, which are for security breaches, possession of war weapons without a permit and violation of the junta's orders.

The authorised officials to enforce these particular laws can only be appointed by the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO), he said.

For instance, the NCPO order would specify the ranks of officials who can conduct arrests and searches or issue summons.

People facing searches, arrests or summons by any official should ask to see the ID of that official to ascertain if he was appointed by the NCPO.

"If they are not authorised, I'll be happy to find lawyers to sue whoever claimed to be the authorities,'' he said.

Deputy Government Spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd said the public may not yet see what these subversives were doing, but that did not mean that there weren't any.

They do exist because the NCPO had been trying to invite them to negotiate. They are those who lose out because of national reform, who want to change the country's ruling system or who create a scene or political situation.

He rejected the proposal of the Pheu Thai Party to get all political groups to sign a memorandum of understanding to end the political conflicts.

If all parties respect the law and the government ensures fairness in solving problems, the country would be at peace.

"The problem is some people who might have something to lose have been trying to oppose us. What's the use of signing an MoU? No country in the world does that,'' he said.

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan confirmed that the government is on track in returning democracy to the country.

Prayut has said the general election under the new charter could be held at the end of this year at the earliest or early next year.

Prawit was responding to speculation that the government may hang onto power longer than expected after a famous fortune-teller said he believes the Prayut administration can continue running the country for three more years without any opposition.

"Prayut has already said everything's going as planned and nothing has changed,'' he said.

He assuaged fears that the new charter would not be completed on schedule, saying there was still enough time.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-appoints-official-team-to-enforce-new-order-30257706.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-09

Doesn't Article 44 cover the Computer Crimes Act? We should lure Zuck over here so he can pay for his crimes!

That's your response to a news event like this? Wake the <deleted> up, this is serious news.

Yes, it's serious news, but if the forum did not allow for facetious remarks it would be a very boring read.

Most of the people posting here have covered Article 44 in other threads. There are several including the ones regarding the negative responses from foreign governments and some Thai official trying to pretend it's very similar to something the French have and only succeeding in showing how little he knows.

The news is in the post at the top the rest are not news but comments

There's not much else to say really that hasn't already been said or that we can't say due to restrictions.

Of course you're welcome to provide your own comments on this serious news. Once you finished complaining about everyone else's of course.

See what you've done there? You've got me all sarcastic again.

Article 44 - reported on earlier - and this bit of news, are not the same thing. Did you just see the words Article 44 and stop reading?

Edited by No Apologist

Yes, it's serious news, but if the forum did not allow for facetious remarks it would be a very boring read.

Yes, you're right. If someone just arrived to Thailand, and needed to understand important news - you know, that this forum is supposedly intended for - then they should definitely wade through hundreds of pointless jokes instead. Otherwise, it might be 'boring' for you.