Beethoven's Fifth to be performed in Pattaya

goatfarmer

The SSMS Orchestra will be performing Beethoven's Fifth Symphony at Tiffany's along with works by Koussevitsky and Hindemith.

Venue: Tiffany's Show Theatre, 2nd Road

Date: Saturday 2nd, May

Time: 2pm

Tickets: 800 baht, 500 baht and 300 baht for students. Available from Tiffany's (might not be available until after Songkran)

post-15930-0-45423300-1428541715_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great news! What is the minimum age to attend? I'd love to bring my daughter. She liked the concert at Soi Siam and asks for violins over dinner ever since...

I may be mistaken, but I don't think there are violins in Beethoven's fifth symphony.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symphony_No._5_%28Beethoven%29#Instrumentation

Instrumentation

The symphony is scored for piccolo (fourth movement only), two flutes, two oboes, two clarinets in B and C, two bassoons, contrabassoon or double bassoon (fourth movement only), two horns in E and C, two trumpets, three trombones (alto, tenor, and bass, fourth movement only), timpani (in G-C) and strings.

Edit: just notice that strings means violins, however I mean to remember that violins play only a minor part in the whole symphony.

Edited by Anthony5

Great news! What is the minimum age to attend? I'd love to bring my daughter. She liked the concert at Soi Siam and asks for violins over dinner ever since...

It's six. The main point is that she can keep still and not distract other people in the audience.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think there are violins in Beethoven's fifth symphony.

Instrumentation

The symphony is scored for piccolo (fourth movement only), two flutes, two oboes, two clarinets in B and C, two bassoons, contrabassoon or double bassoon (fourth movement only), two horns in E and C, two trumpets, three trombones (alto, tenor, and bass, fourth movement only), timpani (in G-C) and strings.

Edit: just notice that strings means violins, however I mean to remember that violins play only a minor part in the whole symphony.

There should be plenty of violins.

• Like 1

It's six. The main point is that she can keep still and not distract other people in the audience.

I'll have the Valium on standby...

I'll have the Valium on standby...

Good idea. Succinylcholine if all else fails. :P

Instrumentation

I thought you're supposed to listen to music, not wiki it. Can I borrow your wikiplayer?

It's classical ennit. I mean all classical's got fiddles in it, no?

Instrumentation

I thought you're supposed to listen to music, not wiki it. Can I borrow your wikiplayer?

It's classical ennit. I mean all classical's got fiddles in it, no?

Well, all full symphony orchestras 'got fiddles', at least.

I will (still) be out of the country this weekend so if anyone is attending this, can you come back and post about it?

Thanks,

NL

Can do. But there should be something about it in the local newspapers.

Great concert it was! Loved the Hindemith piece and the solo bassist for the second piece was fantastic. Beethoven was also played very well. Too bad that only few people showed, plenty of empty seats.

Hope there will be more concerts like that soon. The venue was perfect for a classical concert.

• Like 1

Great concert it was! Loved the Hindemith piece and the solo bassist for the second piece was fantastic. Beethoven was also played very well. Too bad that only few people showed, plenty of empty seats.

Hope there will be more concerts like that soon. The venue was perfect for a classical concert.

Hadn't noticed yet it took place in the afternoon, may be the reason why it was low show.

Most all piano works are fiddle-free...

Only piano sonatas are without strings.

Piano trios are often accompanied with a violin, viola or a cello.

Piano concerts have a whole symphony orchestra with lots of strings go along with.

Piano concerts have a whole symphony orchestra with lots of strings go along with.

Excellent. And what brand wikiplayer do you use?

Good to know so here's hoping that there's more classical adventures for Pattaya in the pipeline. Maybe their advertising needs to kick up a notch too.

I think they picked a bad weekend, the traffic made it impossible for us.

I play my own concert grand.

I use an IPad2 with a wikipedia app. Is this the same like a "wikiplayer"?

I play my own concert grand.

I use an IPad2 with a wikipedia app. Is this the same like a "wikiplayer"?

I dunno. What do you think Anthony?