Need a good suit made

John13

Ask to "see not the samples" but some already made suits that are going to be picked up, as you can get a better idea of the skill of the tailors.

Barter for a good price ...  Could do with some stuff myself.

Anyone tried getting the clothes made, perhaps via a phone order and then having it shipped internationally?  Only problem is the proper sizing for a perfect fit ... ::o:

The best tailor for suits I have used is Song Smai. They have several outlets in Bangkok, and also a new branch in Chiang Mai which recently opened. Here are the branch details for Bangkok:

85-91 Yawaraj

Tel : 2224650

1197/1 Surawong

Tel : 233-8690

1950 Phaholyothin

Tel : 511-1119

1365-7 Sukhumvit

Tel : 361-2276

145/21-2 Phetkasem

Tel : 454-3774

There is also a branch on Petchburi, near Pantip, and one in Pinklao (head office).

Re suits, I have used this tailor for 8 years now and always get good quality and good price. Will also send overseas once they have your measurements.

RAJAWONGSE. Jesse & Victor, 130 Sukhumvit Road, between Landmark and Soi Nana Post Office. Tel 2553714, 2558390.

Beware the multi bargain offers- everything for $199.

Jesse always has customers orders for you to look at.

Best of luck.

:ghostface:

Can't remember the name of the place, but it was next to Business Inn Sukhumvit 21 BKK. Whatever you do, don't get one here! I was fitted for several suits (also ordered some tailored womens suits - no not for me, for a relative). What I got was a miss match, some had trousers missing, others were completely missing. The shop would not entertain my complaints, and were suddenly very rude - as are many of these these tailor shops, it was run by a Indian guy, and he was having none of it. He was adamant that I should have checked the contents before leaving the shop (the suits were packaged up - the womens clothes were a delivery order!). No joy, and I have, as I told them I would at every opportunity, advised all to stay clear.

Be warned!