DTAC launches 4G in Pattaya

Rimmer

DTAC launches 4G in Pattaya

PATTAYA:--Total Access Communications Plc became the second company to bring high-speed wireless data to Pattaya with the launch of its DTAC 4G service.

Amnat Kosonrod, central and eastern sales director, joined other DTAC employees at the launch of the next-generation data service at the Amari Orchid Resort & Tower March 27.

Amnat said DTAC 4G now covers Chonburi, Sriracha, Pattaya and Koh Larn, making it the second provider of high-speed data after True Corp’s True Move-H.

To celebrate the launch, DTAC has launched a “Happy Tourist” SIM card promotion and offering four-month free trials and special smartphone discounts.

Amnat said the upgrade to DTAC’s cell towers came in response to growing demand for mobile data access to social media. It covers all of Pattaya, Naklua, Huay Yai, Jomtien Beach and Koh Larn.

For the four-month free trial, DTAC users can simply text *444# for information.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/dtac-launches-4g-in-pattaya-46160#sthash.JHgDOCdo.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-04-10 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Just tried that number (*444#) and got back a Thai language SMS that means nothing to me.

Just because it is in Thai or was it inapplicable to you?

Bung it into Google Translate if the former.

Never said anything about being inapplicable to me. Said it meant nothing because it was in Thai.

And how do you put a SMS into the mostly useless Google translate. I've tried using this before on for Thai to English and normally end up even more confused.

Just tried that number (*444#) and got back a Thai language SMS that means nothing to me.

It says to go to a dtac shop to sign up.

Thank you. Much better than the other reply to my post which was not helpful in the least.

I need to change my phone to get 4g . If you're on a postpaid subscription with Dtac right now they offer a promotion you'll get 3000 baht discount on the latest models if you pay for 6 months advance for one of their smartphone subscriptiions called love&roll . It starts from 599 per month incl 5 gb data 4g speed.

Just because it is in Thai or was it inapplicable to you?

Bung it into Google Translate if the former.

Never said anything about being inapplicable to me. Said it meant nothing because it was in Thai.

And how do you put a SMS into the mostly useless Google translate. I've tried using this before on for Thai to English and normally end up even more confused.

No neither did I, I asked if it was, hence the question mark.

I have the App called 'Translate' (Google Translate) which has a option 'Translate an SMS'......and it has given me the gist of the meaning on many occasions. Sure, sometimes I have been left confused too.