naive guy tired of making mistakes!

So by leaving the kingdom, I buy a re-entry visa for 1000baht and my 2 entry is in-affected?

Basically yes, re-entry permit keeps current stamped status active so you your second entry would not be used on re-entry if return within current stamp remaining time.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So by leaving the kingdom, I buy a re-entry visa for 1000baht and my 2 entry is in-affected?

Step by step !

1.A double entry tourist visa allows two entries to Thailand. Both entries Must be made before the "Enter Before (expiry) Date " which is clearly indicated on the visa .

2. The first entry permits a stay of 60 days which may be extended by 30 days on application at an immigration office. If it is desired to leave the country during this time a re-entry permit must be obtained which allows re-entry to the country with the SAME permission to stay date.

3. The second entry MUST be made prior to the visas "enter before" date.

Hope this helps.

Edited by nzexpat
  • Like 1

Yes I think I have it now haha!!

Just thought of something kind of related and kind of what Buckbee was implying a couple of days ago . . . .

IF and only IF, one was to decide against paying 1900baht for ANY 30 day extension ever, that would mean it would cost 2000 baht for each 60 day period. So, in a year, you would buy 6 x 60day 2 entries costing 12.000 baht for just under a year.

IF one was to go down the route of extending by 30 days each time, it would cost 3900 baht for each 3 months (2000 for the 60 day + 1900 for the 30 day extension). If you multiply that by 4 to make a year, you would be paying nearly 16.000 baht . . .

^ 3 double entry tourists do you a year & that 6,000bt & it 12,000bt for 2 double entry tourist with 4 extensions to cover a year.

Most people who do constant extensions & quickest border runs are illegal boiler room workers, loads of the gobby idiots use to go with jack golf to poipet, fortunately most fell on hard times & tougher overstay possible changes cleared a fair few off & reduced amount of illegal work available.

It kiind of personal preference, it not just the money, for me I wanted travel a bit more & also saves you doing border run just for sake of activating a second entry you actually go somewhere & do/see something. Just mix it up how you think suites your needs, getting tourists is quite easy, getting extensions once been doing it repeatedly gets questions at immigration. Yo could even find yourself needing a short trip back to UK in a year or so to tie up loose ends or something & that would allow a new fresh passport to be ordered & a 3 entry tourist & start fresh :-)

Things are always changing so good keep an eye on things but common sense & bit of preparation is the main requirements ...

• Like 1

^ 3 double entry tourists do you a year & that 6,000bt & it 12,000bt for 2 double entry tourist with 4 extensions to cover a year.

Most people who do constant extensions & quickest border runs are illegal boiler room workers, loads of the gobby idiots use to go with jack golf to poipet, fortunately most fell on hard times & tougher overstay possible changes cleared a fair few off & reduced amount of illegal work available.

It kiind of personal preference, it not just the money, for me I wanted travel a bit more & also saves you doing border run just for sake of activating a second entry you actually go somewhere & do/see something. Just mix it up how you think suites your needs, getting tourists is quite easy, getting extensions once been doing it repeatedly gets questions at immigration. Yo could even find yourself needing a short trip back to UK in a year or so to tie up loose ends or something & that would allow a new fresh passport to be ordered & a 3 entry tourist & start fresh :-)

Things are always changing so good keep an eye on things but common sense & bit of preparation is the main requirements ...

3 double entry TR's last a year ok, got that, but you still have to leave and re-enter every 60 days yes?

Walter Travolta, you seem to be interested in making side trips to bordering countries while on your tourist visa. A triple entry tourist visa from Savannakhet may be something to consider. This visa only has a 3 month validity, but it allows you to 'burn' entries if you plan on taking short trips to neighbouring countries and may come out cheaper than using a re-entry permit.

Walter Travolta, you seem to be interested in making side trips to bordering countries while on your tourist visa. A triple entry tourist visa from Savannakhet may be something to consider. This visa only has a 3 month validity, but it allows you to 'burn' entries if you plan on taking short trips to neighbouring countries and may come out cheaper than using a re-entry permit.

Hi kanook. No to be honest I am taking as much information in as applies to what I MIGHT want to do.

I am not a traveller as such, I would prefer to be grounded with a place I rent, so the less times I have to venture out of the kingdom the better. Although from time to time I may want to take the advice Buckbee provided re: taking a holiday somewhere else for a spell

If I wanted to live here and there then yeah, what you say above would be something to look at, but that will not be my course of direction, The re-entry permit I was talking about a few posts ago is now irrelevent as a friend was talking about having a look at Myanmar (business wise) in May and that would mean me having to interrupt the 1st part of my double entry, but he says we can go anytime so the re-entry issue is no more.

But thanks for the info, not heard of this.

I believe Bali is the only place you can get a Triple Entry visa in Asia, would be a Double Entry from Savn.

Edit: Triple Entry from Bali would be valid for 6 months so you can get almost 9 months out of it, but they'll want to see each Entry mapped out & flights booked when you apply.

Edited by JB300

3 double entry TR's last a year ok, got that, but you still have to leave and re-enter every 60 days yes?

Need to leave/re-enter every (approx) 90 days if you extend each entry by 30 days, 60 days if you decide not to take the 30 day extension on one of the Entries.

• Like 1

What's a subby?

Someone who works for a company on a self employed basis, gets paid for the work he does rather than a salary or hourly rate, and a subby is not 'on the books'

Abbreviation of sub-contractor

I'd call that person a piece work tradesman.

I believe Bali is the only place you can get a Triple Entry visa in Asia, would be a Double Entry from Savn.

Edit: Triple Entry from Bali would be valid for 6 months so you can get almost 9 months out of it, but they'll want to see each Entry mapped out & flights booked when you apply.

You can get a triple entry (3 month validity) from Savannakhet.

You can get a triple entry (3 month validity) from Savannakhet.

Sorry, I missed the "Valid for 3 months" part which makes it pretty pointless to me unless you have 3 or 4 fixed trips that you have to make & can't time to make best use of Visa Exempt entries

Edited by JB300

can anyone tell me how I start a new topic???

all I see is 'unfollow this topic' and 'reply to this topic' sad.png

why is there not a obvious tab on show to select 'start a new topic'

Heeeellp

Well, that's all you can do if you're reading this because you're within an existing topic. But if you click on "Thai visas, residency and work permits" above in the location description "Thailand Forum --> Visa & Immigration Forums --> Thai visas, residency and work permits --> naive guy tired of making mistakes!" at the top of this page, you will then be in the "Thai visas, residency and work permits" sub-forum and you will notice a black "Start New Topic" button in the upper-right corner. Clicking on that button will do the trick.

Maybe you can convince yourself it makes more sense to be at the sub-forum level when you "Start New Topic" rather than within an existing topic. Nevertheless, that's the way it works.

• Like 1