Facebook Gun Purchase Scam reported to Pattaya Police

Lite Beer

Facebook Gun Purchase Scam reported to Pattaya Police

gun-2.jpg?baf06d

PATTAYA: -- Early on Friday Morning a report was made at Pattaya Police Station by a 34 year old man who attempted to buy a gun on Facebook but after sending money to the seller, did not receive the gun in return.

Khun Gumanteap told Police that he had connected with a Thai Facebook user who was selling a 9mm Semi-Automatic Handgun for 18,000 Baht. The money was transferred to a Bangkok Branch of Kasikornbank but the Facebook profile was quickly deleted and the buyer failed to receive his goods.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/183106/facebook-gun-purchase-scam-reported-to-pattaya-police/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-11

Please cease the bickering, thank you.

EDIT

You would not stop so now all your new as well as previous bickering posts have been removed, continue with the racial bickering and you will get a posting holiday

Stupid a**. Got what you deserve. Why do you need a gun!

To rob people

To show off to the girlfriend.

To win an argument in karaoke bar. (or fight outside)

To make up for a small size in the trouser department.

To keep in house so wife can kill you when she finds out about your girlfriend.

To be a cop ?

Just a few I can think of for Pattaya.

To be a Red neck with your mates shooting bottles and cans in the woods

whilst drinking beer. for Americans back home only.

Edited by onemorechang

Can you legally buy firearms online in this country?

Of course you can.. I thought you knew so much about Thailand... guess not.

For a foreigner its quite hard but Thais can get permits and own guns legally.

But can you get permits for buying a gun from a Facebook seller... I'm thinking NO!

I have relatives that own A gun shop in Thailand.You have to have A license before you can receive the gun.Paperwork has to be done,and A few other things.

Sounds like to me the guy buying it line he wanted to do under the table,black marketing etc.

Price should have been a clear sign that it was a scam. At 18,000 baht it's impossible to buy anything, even a .22, let Ellen a 9mm. We have licenses for our guns, a Herrera and a browning, beretta was 50k, browning costs 75k, all legit and bought from local gun shop. Nothing wrong eith guns or having them in the house, the problem comes when the guns get in to the wrong hands. As they say, guns don't kill people, people kill people!!