Lucky to be alive

eyecatcher

Yep .... as posted before in this thread .... with an air brake system, the air pressure holds the brakes off. Any sort of large scale leaking of air will result in the brake actuators putting and keeping the brakes very firmly on.

It's well known that driving through deep water (deep enough to cover the brake drums) renders the brakes useless but is rectified by a few applications of the brakes, to dry them out.

Eyecatcher you really are lucky to not have been in a serious accident. Dead, loss of limbs, crippled, if the brakes had gone at a minute earlier or a minute later. Really really really lucky. I do believe that all those delays getting to the bus station were not normal either.

• Like 1

Came from Khampeng Pet , to Sukhothai yesterday, as we left our roadside hotel in the morning A big car was driving at high speed on the emergency lane overtaking all the others, lucky, !! just missed me...!

With all the other morons we saw later on....the most remarkable moment was later in the evening at Sukhothai,...My wife and I were having a drink in front of 7-11 on the way to our GH....for a great half hour we watched a lot of people get in and out....and nobody ever had a helmet on or put on he's or hers safety belt in the car.....

I would have taught that some mother would have told her children to put on a helmet on these dangerous days....Nah.....

I remember a few years ago we were sitting in a internet shop where a woman was crying and complaining why it had to be her son that died on a motorbike....??? Food for taught....!!!

Came from Khampeng Pet , to Sukhothai yesterday, as we left our roadside hotel in the morning A big car was driving at high speed on the emergency lane overtaking all the others, lucky, !! just missed me...!

With all the other morons we saw later on....the most remarkable moment was later in the evening at Sukhothai,...My wife and I were having a drink in front of 7-11 on the way to our GH....for a great half hour we watched a lot of people get in and out....and nobody ever had a helmet on or put on he's or hers safety belt in the car.....

I would have taught that some mother would have told her children to put on a helmet on these dangerous days....Nah.....

I remember a few years ago we were sitting in a internet shop where a woman was crying and complaining why it had to be her son that died on a motorbike....??? Food for taught....!!!

You obviously have the luck of the Irish as well....dont you tink?

• Like 1

You, the other bus passengers as well as the pickup occupants are all very fortunate to be alive.

The road from CM to Phrae becomes very slippery at the windy and hilly stretch of road near Denchai. I ALWAYS see vehicles flipped over on the side of the road when driving through that area.

I remember taking an overnight bus from Bkk to CM in 1988. After all the passengers had boarded the bus but before the bus had departed Mor Chit, a man came aboard the bus with a video camera and slowly took a video of every passenger aboard that bus. I reckon that his purpose for doing so was to have a visual record of everyone who was on the bus in case the bus crashed. Ghoulish...

Same thing happened on the CNX to BKK train in January.

some guy photographed us all before departure.

Is it a law and order thing? When someone is murdered in the middle of the night and chucked off the train. Will the police have pictures of all the suspects even before a crime is committed? Just a guess. Does anyone know why this happening?

-eyecatcher-

Your story and many other stories I read and hear are the reason, I drive by Bus only if its more or less unavoidable.

Last ride by Bus, 2 days ago, from Suvarnabhumi - Don Mueang with freewink.png shuttle bus.

If possible, I try to fly or drive myself.