3-year-old boy shoots, kills 1-year-old boy in Ohio home

webfact

3-year-old boy shoots, kills 1-year-old boy in Ohio home

CLEVELAND (AP) — Police in Cleveland, Ohio, say a 3-year-old boy picked up an unattended gun inside a home and it went off, shooting a 1-year-old boy in the head and killing him.

Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams told reporters gathered outside the home after the shooting Sunday afternoon investigators are trying to determine where the gun came from.

Cleveland.com (http://bit.ly/1I5oHQ6 ) reports the 1-year-old was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead.

Full details about the shooting on the city's east side weren't released, but Williams said at least one adult was home when it happened.

Cleveland.com says the boy's mother could be heard screaming on the back porch after learning her son had died.

Neighbors said the mother lived in the house with at least three small children.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-04-13

Where are the TV Teapublicans defending that 3 year old's right to bear arms?

Every child should be armed coming out of the womb. How else are they going to defend themselves? There are black and brown babies out there they will take the milk bottle out their mouths! Won't be big gun, like an assault weapon, more like a derringer, a baby gun, built-in holster on the diaper.

I shouldn't be giving the NRA any ideas.

Sympathy to both the boys

"The right to bear arms" - the death of this child is answer enough and sadly is testament to my views

RIP

The right to bear arms is for responsible people ,,Just the same as is a drivers licence is for responsible people,,Not for drunk drivers and morons on drugs so please Shut T><deleted>up

I don't recall seeing that in any of the quotes of that section of the american constitution when referring to that right. It doesn't say that responsible people have a right to bear arms, but everyone else cannot.

Black family living in ghetto ..........

Gun belonged to mum's 'gangsta' drug dealing boyfriend.

This would be an illegal weapon, nothing to do with 'the right to bear arms'.

Doesn't matter. Americans ask for trouble and get it with their love affair with guns.

Just like if a woman wear sexy clothes she "deserves" to get raped? Idiotic statements like yours are just that, idiotic....

It's all to do with the right to bear arms. With weapons readily available it makes shooting accidents, or on purpose, more common. Why, oh why are the Americans so paranoid as to want guns?

• Like 1

Here we go with the gun control nuts. But only because the shooting happened in America.

The post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816993-four-shot-dead-in-pattani-including-two-assailants/ has not got any of you babbling about gun control in Thailand. Zero replies.

And how about Syria? Far more shootings there, but none of you experts are crying for gun confiscation in that country.

Everybody that doesn't share your views are "nuts" That just about says it all about your mentality.

• Like 2

Here we go with the gun control nuts. But only because the shooting happened in America.

The post http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816993-four-shot-dead-in-pattani-including-two-assailants/ has not got any of you babbling about gun control in Thailand. Zero replies.

And how about Syria? Far more shootings there, but none of you experts are crying for gun confiscation in that country.

Everybody that doesn't share your views are "nuts" That just about says it all about your mentality.

Nope, it's simply a well known expression.

I don't think you are actually nuts. Just uninformed, and probably biased. And it matters not a whit if you agree with me, or not. You have a perfect right to your opinion.

So, how about those other countries?

Edited by HeijoshinCool
  • Like 1

Sympathy to both the boys

"The right to bear arms" - the death of this child is answer enough and sadly is testament to my views

RIP

The right to bear arms is for responsible people ,,Just the same as is a drivers licence is for responsible people,,Not for drunk drivers and morons on drugs so please Shut T><deleted>up

The Drivers Licence for responsible drivers is a valid enough argument...

However, someone who ends their post with with "Shut T<deleted>up" may not be such a great advocate for mental stability and gun ownership.

I doubt many would be in support of someone in their area of owning a gun if they can so readily fly off the handle on an anonymous web-forum.

This would be somewhat of a 'debate back-fire'... the comments above may have in fact pointed out that there are numerous people out there without the stability to own a gun.

I want a gun for my own safety... I just don't want anyone else too... Self-centredness is at the forefront of the Gun Debates.

Edited by richard_smith237

The statement attributed to the police chief:

"This is a senseless loss of life for this city again, and its directly related to guns, Williams said. We need to really take a hard look at the things were doing out there on the state, local and the national level to get some of these guns out of our communities, because nothing good ever happens"

This statement does apply in the USA - more so in Thailand and Syria as well as most if not all countries around the world. However I think that most Americans would be understandable insulted to be compared to the gun holders in Syria

The statement attributed to the police chief:

"This is a senseless loss of life for this city again, and its directly related to guns, Williams said. We need to really take a hard look at the things were doing out there on the state, local and the national level to get some of these guns out of our communities, because nothing good ever happens"

This statement does apply in the USA - more so in Thailand and Syria as well as most if not all countries around the world. However I think that most Americans would be understandable insulted to be compared to the gun holders in Syria

Then don't make the comparison, I didn't. I said the folks who wanted to take guns away, never mentioned doing so in any other country such as Syria or Thailand, just America.

Why do you think that is?

After all, more people per capita are killed by guns in Thailand, and in Syria far more viciously, than in America.

How do you KNOW this?

Look at the photos with the story, black ghetto neighborhood, not a white face anywhere, even the police are black.

(Just like in Gran Torino) (94% black with a few Asians)

Edited by MaeJoMTB