Cheer up, George.

Costas2008

Posts commenting on moderation have been removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Happy Thai New Year to all. It is just a date arbitrarily picked. I choose to live in Thailand with a Thai family and have no problem with the different dates.

As for George @#*&^)+#@*:"?><()^@ whistling.gif

Thank you for April fools day. Surprising how many you caught with it this year.clap2.gif

It's not my New Year so the greeting is irrelevant to me.

I wonder how many Thai's these greetings are actually reaching out to......better to stick a banner outside your house wishing everyone a Happy New Year, at least you might know a few Thai people who pass by instead at aiming it at...........?

What a strange reply.

Many of us live here with Thai families, so Songkran is indeed part of our life.

The Thais are celebrating our holidays (Xmas, New Year) with us, so the least we can do living here, is to repay the favor. Doesn't take too much of an effort!!

Happy Songkran.

• Like 1

He who is without Sin Cast the First Stone..

When someone points fingers at others from their little glass houses, 3 or 4 point fingers point right back at them, justified or not - it doesn't matter a darn..this is the world man.

As a Christian, I know I'm an inveterate Sinner to date, and 100% of atheist expats would agree that they are too, Sinners I mean..giggle.gif

Carry on..

Signed,

The Complaint Box is Full

I wonder how many Thai's these greetings are actually reaching out to......better to stick a banner outside your house wishing everyone a Happy New Year, at least you might know a few Thai people who pass by instead at aiming it at...........?

What a strange reply.

Many of us live here with Thai families, so Songkran is indeed part of our life.

The Thais are celebrating our holidays (Xmas, New Year) with us, so the least we can do living here, is to repay the favor. Doesn't take too much of an effort!!

Happy Songkran.

Indeed, wish them Happy Songkran in person and give gifts, as I do to my family.

None of my family are reading TVF and Thai families of most others aren't either.

I think it's stranger wishing an anonymous forum Happy Songkran, when 99 % are foreigners.

• Like 1

What a strange reply.

Happy Songkran.

Indeed, wish them Happy Songkran in person and give gifts, as I do to my family.

None of my family are reading TVF and Thai families of most others aren't either.

I think it's stranger wishing an anonymous forum Happy Songkran, when 99 % are foreigners.

It's all part of "Hail Fellow well met" upthoes

I can infer it's not your cup of tea either.

Anonymous praises to deaf ears and such other small kindnesses. Perhaps it warms the cockles of the little big Dictator in North Korea, as he sires recruits for the cause..

Bouffants only apply

Out

Funny how there seems to be so many expats, living here, that hate Songkran. Probably got a lot to do with where they live of course. Songkran in Ubon Ratchathani is a joy and I look forward to it every year!

Songkran on Samui was also blast this year....

Funny how there seems to be so many expats, living here, that hate Songkran. Probably got a lot to do with where they live of course. Songkran in Ubon Ratchathani is a joy and I look forward to it every year!

Maybe getting doused at around 8AM one Songkran morning when the going is usually clear with a 5 Litre bucket of water at point-blank range on your motorbike, sending the bike to the ground and smashing it and leaving yourself in a bloody mess with your glasses broken has something to do with it.

... and the guys that did were laughing.

• Like 1

When someone points fingers at others from their little glass houses, 3 or 4 point fingers point right back at them, justified or not - it doesn't matter a darn..this is the world man.

As a Christian, I know I'm an inveterate Sinner to date, and 100% of atheist expats would agree that they are too, Sinners I mean..giggle.gif

Carry on..

Signed,

What an odd thing to say... Atheists do not suffer from judeo-christian guilt because they do not believe in your god, nor the tenants of your faith...

I see you speak for all atheists, so I shall defer to your expertise in such matters.

The tenants of my faith include forgiveness, all but impossible at times, and avoiding killing others. How is killing the enemy working so far for you good folks? You've got 10,000 years of examples with which to judge the veracity of your tenants. Is it working?

I hear knocking off the "enemy" is pretty time-consuming - and expensive.

Tit for Tat - What a new and fantastic concept!

Carry on then, by all means..coffee1.gif

Shall we call it a Mexican standoff, you know, like kissing your sister?

Nah, you won - it's all good - you atheists know you're right, as we suck on the baby soother of religion - a pacifier for the masses, right?

And the Jews and the Palestinians know they are both right.cheesy.gif There must be two truths, or one of them is wrong, nah, cannot be!

Don't worry Lopter, you are right and I am wrong

I only kill with kindness now

Carry on..

Signed,

What an odd thing to say... Atheists do not suffer from judeo-christian guilt because they do not believe in your god, nor the tenants of your faith...

Having spent years in Thailand, I know that as a Thai expat, being an atheist is cool, normal and 99% of Thai expats are atheists. So you are cool, and I am not. It's all good. I don't follow the sheep, not suggesting that you do either. I would never in a million years attempt to change anyone.

As a half-assed Christian, I have doubts that there is anything after death, so in that sense we agree. I just think living the way Jesus did is admirable, and you don't, as you believe anyone that "believes" is a moron. Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. I am a moron, but a Christian moron. There are a few smart ones, but not I. And if there is a God, I hope you are blessed.

I hope you aren't a half-assed Atheist. I can't fully commit to Christianity, because all of you atheists are right for sure, otherwise you would change. So I have to be wrong.

I knew I was a loser. I just hope you aren't one as well. I suspect not.

Wave your victory flag Loptr. You won. Just look around. Everyone agrees with you. You won man.

Maybe getting doused at around 8AM one Songkran morning when the going is usually clear with a 5 Litre bucket of water at point-blank range on your motorbike, sending the bike to the ground and smashing it and leaving yourself in a bloody mess with your glasses broken has something to do with it.

As much as I did enjoy my first rodeo on Soi 7 yesterday, I can easily see how that could happen as the madness intensifies. Other than your post, I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about - unless George has recently been knighted or inducted into the Thai Hall of Fame, how is Songkran any different for him than the rest of us ??

Edit: reading redandyellow's posts has completely clarified what this thread is all about. Mental illness isnt something to be taken lightly, so I'll leave it there,

Edited by MrWorldwide

About 3 years ago on Songkran, early evening, before we had the truck, we were on our way to visit my wife's sister on our motorbike. We got within 1Km when I had a bucket of ice cold water poured over me. It was a cool evening, I was freezing and, of course, none of her sisters husbands clothes would fit me.

I stopped enjoying Songkran then.