Israeli researchers say attacks against Jews spiked in 2014

webfact

i see my post that said nothing apart from how freedom of speech is not allowed when jews are involved has been deleted

It is not a question of "freedom of speech". Hate speech is not allowed on the forum. Lots of posts about Muslims are deleted regularly as are racist and homophobic posts.

• Like 1

Zionism is racism, actions and words by numerous Israels make this very clear, the anti Semite card played by Israel and its supporters has worn very thin.

Anti-Zionism is the real racism here dude as it is so very often a very thin veil for hatred of Jews.

I'm with anyone who wants to criticize some Israeli government policies.

But the poster here in a sneaky way advocated for mass genocide of most of the world's Jewish people. I hope you can join me in condemning advocating genocide against any group of people, including Jews.

To show support for someone who suggests that we "eliminate" Zionists is to show support for people shooting up Jewish schoolchildren in France. What do you think is in the murderer's minds? They see them as proxy Israelis ... proxy Zionists. Legitimate targets of ... elimination.

Whether you think a "card" is wearing thin or not isn't really relevant ... the Jew hatred is real now as it has been for thousands of years.

Jews collectively decided Zionism was the answer to fight back, so if you hate Zionists you are hating on most Jews, as I've asserted, the vast majority of the world's Jews DO support the existence of the state of Israel (but not of course all the POLICIES of the state).

BTW, yes a person CAN support political self determination for Jews (Zionism / Israel) and ALSO political self determination for Palestinian Arabs. Imagine if the Palestinian Arab leaders had ACCEPTED the existence of Israel decades ago how different the story would be.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Israel's racist policies and land grabs to achieve the Zionist goal of Eretz Israel have created the problems that European Jews have to deal with.

I want to add that it is one thing to be anti-Zionist and people are entitled to that ideological position. Of course.
But to advocate for the "elimination" of Zionists as done before on this thread is something entirely different.
I don't think support for genocide is something to take lightly.
Whether anti-Zionism is racism or not is a topic for legitimate debate.
I think that it is:
We can of course argue about the boundaries of the Jewish state that is now a member of the UN. We can certainly argue about the policies of the elected government of the Jewish state. But we cannot argue that the Jews — alone amongst the nationalities — are not entitled to a state, without inviting the description, “racist”, to apply to us.
A racist is someone who privileges some ethnic groups above others purely on the grounds of race, or racial or ethnic origins. “White supremacists” are therefore racists (as are “black supremacists”.) The hotelier who advertises “no blacks” — or “no Jews” — is a racist. Apologists for anti-Zionist racism, anxious to avoid the opprobrium that the word “racist” attracts, argue that they support the right of Jewish self-determination, but not in “Palestine”. But that’s precisely where the international community has decreed that the state of the Jews shall be located, and where it is located. Those (whose numbers, I regret to say, include British politicians, intellectuals and academics) who campaign for the overturning of these realities are undoubtedly, therefore, racists.

Quote from OP : "The report by researchers at Tel Aviv University recorded 766 incidents — ranging from armed assaults to vandalism against synagogues, schools and cemeteries..."

766 incidents on a population of ~6 million Jews residing outside Israel for a whole year.

Average of ~3 per day for the same 'immigaration' population of 6 millions.

1. What are the statistically chances to be harassed/assaulted for each Jew per day and/or per year ?

2. What are the figures from Tel Aviv University for rascist and religious clashes between Jews and other Jews if you want to quantify total global 'anti-semitism" ?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/haredi-soldier-called-nazi-on-holocaust-memorial-day/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/israels-coming-civil-war-the-haredi-jews-versus-secular-zionist-militarism/5323834

3. With combined outcome of '1' and '2' : Why do Western immigration Jews claim to carry emergency weapons ? Which other 'Host Farang' community in history claimed this personal protection with such (equal) low figures to a Western Home country ?

Quote : "Rabbi Menachem Margolin, general director of the European Jewish Association, told RT that if governments are unable to protect Jews in Europe, “a few people in each community will be able to carry a gun in order to [protect] themselves in case of emergency.”

http://rt.com/news/250257-jews-attacks-antisemitism-study/

Edited by Thorgal

Thorgal, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Using "host farang" terminology in the context of this thread is really bizarre.

I do get that you want to change the topic to be about conflicts between Jews in Israel.

But that is not the topic even though I agree the situation with Haredi is very interesting in itself and certainly a problem in Israel.

As far as diaspora civilian Jews arming themselves, I would agree that is quite a controversial topic. On the face of it, it sounds dodgy but I can certainly understand the impulse from anyone who feels threatened to want to defend themselves.

However, it is quite obvious, sadly, that armed guards and heavy security are now needed at Jewish gathering places, religious and secular, in many countries.

An example of this. A while back I was researching the idea of living in Colombia and discovered there was a Jewish community there. Looking at their website, just to even go there for a visit involved a pretty intense planning and screening security process. Do you think they are unfriendly or ... afraid?

Edited by Jingthing

Thorgal, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Using "host farang" terminology in the context of this thread is really bizarre.

I do get that you want to change the topic to be about conflicts between Jews in Israel.

But that is not the topic even though I agree the situation with Haredi is very interesting in itself and certainly a problem in Israel.

As far as diaspora civilian Jews arming themselves, I would agree that is quite a controversial topic. On the face of it, it sounds dodgy but I can certainly understand the impulse from anyone who feels threatened to want to defend themselves.

However, it is quite obvious, sadly, that armed guards and heavy security are now needed at Jewish gathering places, religious and secular, in many countries.

An example of this. A while back I was researching the idea of living in Colombia and discovered there was a Jewish community there. Looking at their website, just to even go there for a visit involved a pretty intense planning and screening security process. Do you think they are unfriendly or ... afraid?

Your Colombian brothers are most likely just racist.

I have a hunch that the attacks are coming from a certain demographic all aligned with a certain view of the world.

Radical Islamists and their far-left enablers.

Those groups may be the most violent and militant, but anti-Israeli sentiments are far more widespread.. It's not just anti-Semitism. It's provoked by the atrocities commited by the State of Israel in the name of self-defence, while really persuing the Zionist goal of Eretz Israel.

Among peaceful people, opposition to Israeli aggression will - hopefully - manifest itself in boycotts and economic sanctions by civilized governments.

The anti-semitism that still exist in Europe has NOTHING to do with Israel.It`s unfortunately been deep rooted both long before,during and it`s still continuing long after the atrocities in WW 2.

Are you serious? Obviously you are not European.

Wat dee

I am European.I will say it again........If you for one second believe the hate against jews is because of Israel you`re dillusional.It was deep rooted in most European for centuries.I come from a country that sent almost all of the small jewish population to the concentration camps and at that time most people couldn`t care less. The new resentment against jews is mostly because of the great "enrichment" of our Western societies in the last 3 decades by believers of the holy book of Quaran,which has clear anti-semitism statements.And this book has been around much longer than the state of Israel and compared to Christians and the Bible the followers of Islam unfortunately seems to follow the script dead serious wink.png .

I thought we were explaining the spike not whether or not antisemetism exist or what causes it.

I think Steely Dan nailed it when he mentioned the health of the economy. The large spikes always reflect tough economic times. The masses are pretty much jealous of the Jews for being prepared for these hard times while the masses of goyim are not prepared.

• Like 1

I thought we were explaining the spike not whether or not antisemetism exist or what causes it.

I think Steely Dan nailed it when he mentioned the health of the economy. The large spikes always reflect tough economic times. The masses are pretty much jealous of the Jews for being prepared for these hard times while the masses of goyim are not prepared.

Are you saying that the recent spike in anti-Semitic incidents in Europe are caused by a downturn in the economy?

It's based on jealousy - the Jews are prepared, while the "goyim" are not prepared.

Do I understand you correctly?

If so, the short answer to that would be "hogwash."

• Like 1

Wow, now there is a surprise. Of course, there is, duh. Netanyahu and the Zionist band of renown and their groupies in the US and Europe are demanding that Goys go fight more wars for them, give them more free money, apologize for things that happened 80 years ago that they had no part of and then one wonders why someone is upset by this nonsense. Really? They are getting off light so far IMO. It is unfortunate that the Goy can not tell the difference between Jews and Zionist. Not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionist are Jews. Most Jews just want to live normal lives without problems, now Zionists on the other hand... Now if the world made a concerted effort to eliminate all Zionists then the world as a whole would be a much nicer place to be in.

Sneaking in the word 'eliminate' and that tells us all we need to know.

• Like 1

Wow, now there is a surprise. Of course, there is, duh. Netanyahu and the Zionist band of renown and their groupies in the US and Europe are demanding that Goys go fight more wars for them, give them more free money, apologize for things that happened 80 years ago that they had no part of and then one wonders why someone is upset by this nonsense. Really? They are getting off light so far IMO. It is unfortunate that the Goy can not tell the difference between Jews and Zionist. Not all Jews are Zionist and not all Zionist are Jews. Most Jews just want to live normal lives without problems, now Zionists on the other hand... Now if the world made a concerted effort to eliminate all Zionists then the world as a whole would be a much nicer place to be in.

Yes, I agree with you, "eliminate" sounds a tad harsh.

Maybe just require the more fanatical Zionists to attend summer camps run by Peace Now or one of the other Israeli groups who are trying to resolve the problems peacefully.

• Like 2

Israel's racist policies and land grabs to achieve the Zionist goal of Eretz Israel have created the problems that European Jews have to deal with.

European Jews have faced problems for centuries before Zionism, or even the Rothchilds. So I repeat my question, why is that?
  • Like 1

Wrong. Attackers for sure originate from difficult Western social classes -not all Muslim/Arab roots- but every spike from the last decades is unfortunately in line with IDF military operations in Gaza. See Vox graphs in attachment from same Tel Aviv Institute who were not given in OP.

No word in OP from the rise of political extreme right fractions in Europe. Greece and Hungary as clear examples, but the rise of agression to Jews in these countries is not proven statistically.

Furthermore there's no correlation of agression with other targeted communities like gypsies and others. They also would have been economic targeted victims...Most agressors commited non-repetitive, unique and non-organized crimes with a clear copycat motives.

Again, if Jewish racism is only evaluated in Western countries, why not communicating the Israeli domestic results for all cases of rascism, anti-Zionism and religious agression between Jews ? Here a good example that would be impossible in Europe ; http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/190300#.VTFwyHBXeK0

Perhaps they can reproduce similar "copy paste" figures in their own nation...and take the right "copy paste" conclusions...

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/14/5613278/kansas-city-anti-semitism

Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 1

Exactly. It's outrageous. An open call for mass genocide. Imagine the noise from the Israel demonization brigade if someone said that the all those favoring Palestinian nationalism should be eliminated.
It takes little for the mask to slip, as was the case with George Galloway inciting violence against the Jewish community in his Bradford constituency.
  • Like 2

European Jews have faced problems for centuries before Zionism, or even the Rothchilds. So I repeat my question, why is that?

Agreed...

...but wake-up to the fact that different periods in history have created different conditions that have led to outbreaks of anti-Semitism.

What we are seeing now is directly related to Israeli actions in the Mideast.

They don't want to see a Palestinian state - they want to tale over the West Bank and other areas to fulfill the Zionist dream of Eretz Israel.

• Like 1

There has always been "semitism" before any form of "anti-semitism"... Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 2

Agreed...

...but wake-up to the fact that different periods in history have created different conditions that have led to outbreaks of anti-Semitism.

What we are seeing now is directly related to Israeli actions in the Mideast.

They don't want to see a Palestinian state - they want to tale over the West Bank and other areas to fulfill the Zionist dream of Eretz Israel.

And you should see things in context. Palestinian deaths at the hands of Israelis are caused to a large degree as a result of Palestinian aggression. The major bouts of Arab Israeli violence have occurred in times which have seen Muslim genocides in Sudan, East Timor and Bangladesh. Indeed deaths due to Islam number in the hundreds of thousands if not millions dwarfing anything Israel has done. But where in the West do you find levels of violence or persecution of Muslims at levels any where near those experienced by Jews?

I would grant that biased and tendentious reporting by a pathologically anti-Israel press has some effect, the Mohammad Al Dura hoax being but one example of modern day blood libel.

• Like 2

Assuming this is Kosher to being still on topic, hoping that it is ... as this is a Thai expat forum, I want to relate the OP topic to how it may or may not apply to Jews in Thailand, living here or visiting.

We have expats here living in different parts of Thailand.

There has been a trend lately of seeing what happens (and posting on youtube) when people (Jews or non-Jews) present publicly on the street as obvious visible Jews. That is usually done by wearing kippahs, Stars of David, etc.

So I wonder what is it like to be a VISIBLE Jew on the streets in different parts of Thailand?

What would be expected? Support / Nothing / Verbal abuse / Physical abuse, etc.

Of course there would be a lot of factors as Thai people generally don't have strong feelings about Jews or Israel but I reckon that is probably different in more Muslim areas of Thailand.

Some areas of Thailand such as where I live have large foreigner demographics of people known to be hostile to Jews and/or Israel.

We do know for a fact that many people internationally put their hostility towards Israel on anyone perceived to be a Jew, whether Israeli or not.

I really don't know personally (as the key is being a very VISIBLE Jew) but I am curious about whether people have experiences with this, especially since the most recent Gaza flareup.

The only thing I have ever read about this issue, security of Jews in Thailand was about the security procedures to attend certain Jewish events in Bangkok. No it is not because of being "racist" it is because of being concerned about security ... especially in the wake of what happened in Bombay India not so long ago.

Not talking here about the Israeli embassy ... of course that is always a potential (and actual) target for terrorists.

Another perhaps related thing I find curious as I am a "foodie" is that I enjoy going to restaurants of many different nationalities. I've yet to see an Israeli (I can tell) in an Arabic or Iranian restaurant here and I've yet to see someone speaking Arabic or Parsi in an Israeli restaurant. Maybe it's just lack of curiosity or interest about the different foods, but I'm guessing there might be more to it than that.

Edited by Jingthing

Another perhaps related thing I find curious as I am a "foodie" is that I enjoy going to restaurants of many different nationalities. I've yet to see an Israeli (I can tell) in an Arabic or Iranian restaurant here and I've yet to see someone speaking Arabic or Parsi in an Israeli restaurant. Maybe it's just lack of curiosity or interest about the different foods, but I'm guessing there might be more to it than that.

I think your just fishing but....

Isn't that place across Butter Is Better in CM a Israeli type food place? Also one around the corner from there I forget the name

will try to remember on my next pass to look.

Also whats that place Sababa Israeli Restaurant or Jerusalem Falafel on Moon Muang?

That aside I think your hyper anti sensitive in this regard & Israeli food if good will pop up just as all the other Nationalities foods have

popped up over the years here in Thailand

So yeah I think your guess if it being more than that is just more anti boogie-man hunting

That aside & On Topic I think 2015 will better this spike if Israel does not reign in the dogs of war

Edited by mania
  • Like 2