My feelings after hearing the terrible news...

NiwPix

Former Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is in the running to replace Klopp at German giants Borussia Dortmund, with whom he won the 1997 Champions League as a player. This according to the Birmingham Mail newspaper, as reported on the BBC. How would this go down with you, NiwPix?

Hmmm <---- that was my initial thought.

Didn't hear him being an option until just now. I don't really much have an opinion, because I don't know him. Does he even speak German? I think that would be important to coach a team in German. Pep Guardiola learned German for a year before starting at Bayern Munich.

The person I would be most happy with ( given current situations and coach availability ) is Thomas Tuchel. He took over Mainz when Klopp moved from Mainz to Dortmund. Tuchel did a good job with Mainz and has similarities to Klopp.

Yes - my German-living sister kept going on about Tuchel being as good as Klopp, had a similar technical background and was the one to watch out for. That was a couple of seasons back. Did Tuchel not go on a stress-relieving sabbatical though? Can't believe Dortmund would be less stressful than dear little Mainz somehowtongue.png.

Maybe got the wrong guy - haven't googled him.

PS - you definitely don't want Lambert. Busted flush in the Premier League. That rumour must be a belated April Fool's joke.

• Like 1

You got the right guy...she was talking about Tuchel. Sometime last season Tuchel ran in to a similar situation like Klopp and he questioned himself at Mainz. He announced he will not continue next season, even though his contract was valid another season. However, the Mainz Manager refused to neutralize the contract they had. He didn't want to let him sign for another club...so he was basically forced to take a sabbatical. End of this season he sat out his contract is available. He already refused Hamburg...maybe he knew about klopps situation ( Tuchel and Klopp are in constant contact ).

Everybody is guessing it will be Tuchel.

Nobody knows where Klopp will go. It's correct he had an interest for the Premier League....weather won't influence his decision. He's used to that from Germany :).

Even though he has pretty much all of Europe available, it wouldn't surprise me if he takes on a "mediocre" team like Tottenham.

I also just thought of Stuttgart...his hometown. They're struggling and need a new coach for the next season. That would be an option as well, if they can hold on to the 1 division.

• Like 2

it wouldn't surprise me if he takes on a "mediocre" team like Tottenham.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Oh dear. You've just cheered Chicog up and made several enemies biggrin.png

Again: There was a reason that this announcement came out days after Manchester Dhabi got their ar$es kicked.

Sky Bet have reported a surge of betting on Jurgen Klopp to be the next Manchester City manager after he confirmed he is leaving Borussia Dortmund.

The quote marks for mediocre aren't necessary when it comes to describing Tottenham Newpix thumbsup.gif One day they'll be a great football club but it will take more than a great manager (which they probably have already)

it wouldn't surprise me if he takes on a "mediocre" team like Tottenham.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Oh dear. You've just cheered Chicog up and made several enemies biggrin.png

I'm on the early flight to Berlin....address please mrboj! ohmy.png

Whats the point in telling you Smokes. You wouldn't make it passed the first Brauhaus biggrin.png

Don't go to any back street shady bar/nitespots in Berlin Smokie. When on biz about 10 years ago I was drugged. Ended up being found by security sleeping in the linen cupboard of the hotel. Finest hotel in Berlin - can't remember the name but it's on Unter den Linden - so they were terribly discrete. Missed an entire day's business meetings!

And today Dortmund confirmed that Thomas Tuchel will take over beginning July 1st.

Him or Klinsmann were my top choices, where as Klinsmann probably couldn't, because he coaches the U.S. Team and has a big project going on there.

So, I'm happy with the announcement.

Now hopefully Klopp will find a good club to work with.