New campaign reminds users over prepaid SIM card registration

thai tech

New campaign reminds users over prepaid SIM card registration

prepaid-sim-cards-700x336.jpg

A spokesperson for Thailand’s National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission has announced it will launch a new multi-million Baht promotional campaign to raise public awareness of the requirement to register prepaid SIM cards prior to the July 31st deadline.

Mobile phone users who fail to register their prepaid SIM, face not being able to make phone calls or use mobile data services from August 1st onwards.

The requirement for all pre-paid SIM cards in Thailand to be registered was announced by the NBTC earlier this year.

There are currently around 80 million active prepaid mobile SIM cards in use in Thailand. However only around 18 million users have registered their SIM cards so far.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/new-campaign-reminds-users-over-prepaid-sim-card-registration/9113/

went into an AIS shop, one of the big posh ones, to register my sim card. the girl wrote my phone number and passport details on a scrap of paper and said 'ok', i asked, 'is that it?' she said 'yes'. i'd have felt more confident if she'd input the information into the computer in front of her... but who knows...?

went into an AIS shop, one of the big posh ones, to register my sim card. the girl wrote my phone number and passport details on a scrap of paper and said 'ok', i asked, 'is that it?' she said 'yes'. i'd have felt more confident if she'd input the information into the computer in front of her... but who knows...?

Call AIS there is a number to call and check (I forgot what it is) but you get an SMS message back that says your phone is registered. Call AIS cust service they can give you the number.

Maybe she gets loads of individual details then inputs them at one go at the end of the day. Dunno.......

Maybe she gets loads of individual details then inputs them at one go at the end of the day. Dunno.......

Dial *151# send. You will get an SMS telling you if registered or not.