Sending parcels by boat to Usa and Europe, not with Thai post, dhl or fedex of the sea ?

Hello,

Sorry I am searching for information to send parcels with handicrafts to Europe and USA, do you know which company can do it ? A kind of DHL or Fedex but slow, by boat and without the tax scam on arrival ? Parcel of 30+ kilos

Thai post office is good but the weight is limited and liquid cannot be shipped (surface mail service still exists but all parcels leave thailand by air).

Thank you if you know a reliable company.

From that I know or say I called ups and dhl in past not offer surface

Only ups standart

Means you have no other option then Thailand post

But I also not find a surface price list for all country's

I ask dhl also and in my home country got informed surface only for company's avalible 100 kg container price high looks like dhl in every country have same rules

• Like 1

Google 'freight forwarder' and 'LCL', together with departure and arrival container terminal cities. Plenty of companies should pop up that way.

Be advised though that import and export clearance formalities may quite a bit more than what you are used to when using mail service or courier. But you will save a it on actual duties and tax because shipping cost is lower.

• Like 1

Didn't Thailand Post discontinue overseas surface mail a few years ago? I tried to send some books to a friend in the US by sea mail in 2008 and my local post office told me it was no longer possible. I had to use airmail and it was hellish expensive. I don't know if their policy has changed since then but I've a feeling that sea mail no longer exists.

• Like 1

The 'tax scam on arrival' is, I assume, the Customs duties we all pay for imported goods, regardless of the country you live in. If you dont want the recipient to pay the duty, mark your package as a 'gift' - it's still up to Customs as to whether duties (and VAT/GST) will be levied.

None of us like to pay it, but referring to it as a 'scam' when it appears you are looking to scam the destination country out of revenue seems a stretch for mine.

• Like 1

I use an international freight forwarder in Bangkok to both ship to the US and receive shipments from overseas. My largest shipment from the US was 10000 kilos, a full 40 ft container. I now have a shipment that is due to arrive next week, 800 kilos, a consolidated LCL. PM me and I will give you the contact info of my broker in Bangkok. They have officemates worldwide.

2 year ago I send liquid , with Thailand post on ground without any problem

All parcels are now put in xray machine and any liquid over 100ml is sent back to post office.

Anyway I sometimes have parcels too heavy for Thai post so I really would like to find an easy company to deal with, without any paperwork when parcels arrive in EU or US, just as with Thaipost .

The 'tax scam on arrival' is, I assume, the Customs duties we all pay for imported goods, regardless of the country you live in. If you dont want the recipient to pay the duty, mark your package as a 'gift' - it's still up to Customs as to whether duties (and VAT/GST) will be levied.

None of us like to pay it, but referring to it as a 'scam' when it appears you are looking to scam the destination country out of revenue seems a stretch for mine.

Yes i call scam anybody who wants to tax parcels that i send as gift :-)

And yes you are right int can happen less than 5% of time that customs check not too big parcels.

Didn't Thailand Post discontinue overseas surface mail a few years ago? I tried to send some books to a friend in the US by sea mail in 2008 and my local post office told me it was no longer possible. I had to use airmail and it was hellish expensive. I don't know if their policy has changed since then but I've a feeling that sea mail no longer exists.

Officially Surface shipping still exist and for sure was available until this year 2015 (you got wrong info before).

But what is not official is that NO PARCEL LEAVE THAILAND BY BOAT now when sent by thailandpost,they leave by air and then maybe later a boat or a truck will continue shipping in US and Europe.

Officially Surface shipping still exist and for sure was available until this year 2015 (you got wrong info before).

But what is not official is that NO PARCEL LEAVE THAILAND BY BOAT now when sent by thailandpost,they leave by air and then maybe later a boat or a truck will continue shipping in US and Europe.

To be hownest for the price what thailand post charge for heavey parcels 20 kg or more it's cheaper to fly back home and bring it by myself with air plain from austria to here I pay 30€ for 4 kg from Thailand back 30€ is the price for 1 kg

But I found a great strategy how I can send 20 kg from my home country to Thailand for only 45€ maybe this also work in thailand Iam not sure!

I apply for a letter forwarding online it coasts me 17€ 3 month all letters in most eu country's have a allowed max size and weight of 2 kg

So if you have a friend at home that makes you 2 kg parcels each 10 pcs , and you are in this allowed size and weight class the friend send you everything to your home adress , it coasts. 4,50€ each parcel!

And then wi be forwarded free, to Thailand because it's a letter o try this with 10 kg food 5 parcel in total and it works

Maybe Thailand post have the forwarding letter service also , and you could use it the same way I do?

About liquid , I send also liquid and cream and oil from eu to thailand , and all areived without any problems parcel never been opened !

Thailand reject the sending and in other direction no problem this did not match!

I belive in meantime that dhl Germany also use for normal parcel ground shipping instead of normal promised air often I wait 4 or 5 weeks , from austria post for same parcel only 5 days!