What pisses you off the most?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When there is only one person in the rear seat of your car and they insist on sitting in the middle and so blocking

the rear vision mirror from veiw.

people actually use this mirror in Thailand? I'm surprised since they can never find the indicator.

When there is only one person in the rear seat of your car and they insist on sitting in the middle and so blocking

people actually use this mirror in Thailand? I'm surprised since they can never find the indicator.

There is a reason why they dont use an indicator,,,That being,is is always ignored, Thai culture thing ( dont take the space in front of me )

On the motorway highly dangerous,as when you indicate to overtake,they will drive as fast as possible ( even if 200mtr away) to block you in,and hinder you .

I should have stated that it is I that can't see the rear vision mirror.I have used it all my working life as well as the side mirrors.

slubberdegullions

slubberdegullion (plural slubberdegullions). A filthy, slobbering person; a sloven, a villain, a fiend, a louse. A worthless person. A drunk or alcoholic person.

Edited by arunsakda

Nothing wrong with a sense of humour. How is being bitter an unhappy 'a sense of humour'. That's exactly what the butter farangs are missing. If you have a sense of humour you can laugh at the daily frustrations instead of complaining.

Nothing wrong with a sense of humour. How is being bitter an unhappy 'a sense of humour'. That's exactly what the butter farangs are missing. If you have a sense of humour you can laugh at the daily frustrations instead of complaining.

OK you have a point,,,,But I think most of the posters are doing so, Tongue in cheek They are not complaining,we all know what its like here,and make fun of it.

It was the same when I lived in Germany we took the piss out of the Krauts It was only the ones with a high IQ that understood

Thais have a sense of humour and a lot of farangs so too. But some farangs seem angry or unhappy. Bit sure why they are here if they don't like it.

Very few Thais have a sense of humour,to be compaired with ours,Just take a look at a thai Taluk pathetic. German humour has got better in the last years

After ww1 and the 1966 cup final. I see they still play Dinner for one every Christmas, yawn

I agree that western humour seems to be more clever and more sophisticated but I think Thais have a sense if humour in the sense of not taking things too seriously unless there is loss of face involved. But yes I agree that a lot of western style humour brings blank expressions here.

Those bells, whistles,boings and whatever on thai tv shows such as Roland Rat and allex88 point out in the posts above.

When the wife turns on her daily dose of soaps it's time for my head to hit the pillow and start making ZZZzzz's. smileys-sleeping-804877.gif

Edited by Ron19

Thais have a sense of humour and a lot of farangs so too. But some farangs seem angry or unhappy. Bit sure why they are here if they don't like it.

Very few Thais have a sense of humour,to be compaired with ours,Just take a look at a thai Taluk pathetic. German humour has got better in the last years

After ww1 and the 1966 cup final. I see they still play Dinner for one every Christmas, yawn

Gotta say that's not been my experience, Thais love banter as much as the next (English)man- example last week in Tescos in Issan- me at cashier's desk,

Cashier- How long have you been in Thailand?

Self- I came here before you were born.

Cashier- How long?

Self- 27 years

Cashier's assistant, dressed in school uniform to promote start of term sale-That's older than me, I'm 26.

Self- (feigning surprise)- My god, you're still in high school, what happened?

Assistant- My brain is slow, I cannot pass the exams, I hope to graduate this year.

Self- Congratulations! What job do you want to do?

Assistant- This one, modelling school uniforms, I'm used to it..

Just every day banter.

Gotta say that's not been my experience, Thais love banter as much as the next (English)man- example last week in Tescos in Issan- me at cashier's desk,

Cashier- How long have you been in Thailand?

Self- I came here before you were born.

Cashier- How long?

Self- 27 years

Cashier's assistant, dressed in school uniform to promote start of term sale-That's older than me, I'm 26.

Self- (feigning surprise)- My god, you're still in high school, what happened?

Assistant- My brain is slow, I cannot pass the exams, I hope to graduate this year.

Self- Congratulations! What job do you want to do?

Assistant- This one, modelling school uniforms, I'm used to it..

Just every day banter.

Thats not banter she meant it