Cabbie who ran over cop, shot dead couple 'confesses'

Lite Beer

typical meta anphetamine adict,i think,

that's exactly why they shot so many dealers in Thaskin time...and will do it again

i got one in my thai family...adict i mean...always got a blade in his back pocket i heard

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thainess.

Why do people here have to make gratuitous comments like this. This kind of thing happens all over the world and has nothing to do with "Thainess". Sad but true !!!

Because this is Thai Visa, not EU Visa, or Canada Visa.

And because he is right.

He claimed the couple recently humiliated him in front of other tenants by scolding him for playing a guitar too loud.

It's called Face, and the Thai version is on the extreme edge.

You mean if it had happened in a European country and disused in a EU forum, it would be attributed to Eropeaness and not stupidity combined with sociopathic behavior?

Thainess.

Why do people here have to make gratuitous comments like this. This kind of thing happens all over the world and has nothing to do with "Thainess". Sad but true !!!

I'm guessing some may be pointing out the common and unnecessary gallery of policeman pointing at a suspect.

Are you aware, bangkokfrog, of that being usual practice in any other country?

Just sayin'

Edited by watcharacters

Thainess.

I'm guessing some may be pointing out the common and unnecessary gallery of policeman pointing at a suspect.

Are you aware, bangkokfrog, of that being usual practice in any other country?

Just sayin'

Thainess explain the picture?

a picture is a snap shot in time, and not possible representative of what what was actually happening

For instance, if I took a video tape and then stooped it frame by frame, I could pull many pictures, some attractive, others embarrassing,

and NON representative

I believe the term" Thainess" is is used by some, and in the context of this thread, to describe negative behavior, The same people let's say in the thread where a taxi driver returns a large amount of lost money would NOT attribute the behavior to Thainess .

There is an answer to the problem when you look at the report. He surrendered to police for fear of been killed while on the run.

This to me shows that he has less fear of what will happen to him now he is in the hands of the law. There lies the problem.

There are nutters like this all over the planet. It usually ends up in them takng their own lives after realising they have gone past the point of no return. He ran over a policeman stole his gun and then with a clear head returned and shot 2 people point blank and killed them. Anywhere else on this earth he would know that the rest of his existance on earth would be unbearable. I don't think he was scared of the law!

Really what will happen to him? We often hear no more after the show that the perp has been apprehended. Will he spend the rest of his days in terrible circumstances?

The excuses he gave for the crime are lame and as someone else said he was probably spoonfed by his mother and then when reality hits IE life is hard and sometimes you should think about others. He didn't know how to take a reasonable bollocking.

I completely dissagree with the posts that immediately have a go at Thais as if this is the norm. I do however think there is a lot to learn by the Thai's. These nutters here seem to think saying they have been embarrassed by someone is a good reason to shoot, stab or simply kick the shit out of someone.

I avoid confrontation here, I think twice before opening my mouth or even blasting the horn on the car whereas in my own country I would voice my opinion and stand my ground. This is because the smallest problem can escalate into something as mad as this simply through embarassment or losing face.

Please make an example as you did with the scum that through the girl from the train window a few more and the nutters will start to realise they cannot just rob the lives of others.

have to wonder when we will see thai society start to tell these morons that they are not entitled to kill who ever they please because they are p*ssed off with someone or they made them lose face, thai parenting really has a lot to answer. There are murders etc all over the world but not with the pathetic excuses thais use to do it

The term Thainess is for the reconstruction of the crime, finger pointing and media photo opportunity. This doesn't happen in Western countries so yes "Thainess" is a properly used.

Please see reply #2 it contains one word, "Thainess"

what in this word makes you think it pertains to the Picture?

is this article an Thread about the picture or about the crime?

Someone wants to object to the people here using the word "Thainess", but if you bother to read other news sources, even the high & might Thai use it frequently. TOT used it in an advertising campaign - "Come discover Thainess". Other Thai moan that "Thainess" is something that foreigners just don't understand.

I have one simple theory. Thainess is just another word for innate stupidity, and the inability to accept reality.

Someone wants to object to the people here using the word "Thainess", but if you bother to read other news sources, even the high & might Thai use it frequently. TOT used it in an advertising campaign - "Come discover Thainess". Other Thai moan that "Thainess" is something that foreigners just don't understand.

I have one simple theory. Thainess is just another word for innate stupidity, and the inability to accept reality.

Something like Farangness?tongue.png

PS: we don't object to the use of the word "Thainess" I object to it's use in a derogatory fashion ,

If one is willing to assign negative attributes one must also be willing to assign positive attributes ,other wise one is exhibiting a negative bias ,

Personally I have not read a reply in this forum where "Thainess was not used in a negative fashion

Edited by sirineou

PS: we don't object to the use of the word "Thainess" I object to it's use in a derogatory fashion ,

If one is willing to assign negative attributes one must also be willing to assign positive attributes ,other wise one is exhibiting a negative bias ,

Personally I have not read a reply in this forum where "Thainess was not used in a negative fashion

That's because the article relates to a negative act, should we praise it with, oh there's nice he come to the police station out of concern, there's Thainess of him

That's because the article relates to a negative act, should we praise it with, oh there's nice he come to the police station out of concern, there's Thainess of him

No , not praise it, but at he same time not indict a whole population on the actions of one,

If one does that it is by definition racism,

But let's for a moment assume that the only motivation for this crime was losing face

Is Loosing face strictly a Thai condition?

how about calling it what it was, a senseless crime with many components contributing to it., loosing face being one of it.

he shot the couple because they often scolded him for being too noisy at the apartment.

Let this be a warning to you farangs who complain incessantly about the noise of dogs, roosters, and neighbors...

To be fair and to discuss you point in relation to the points raised. What do you consider a legitimate reason for his action if its not "losing face" ?

To be fair and to discuss you point in relation to the points raised. What do you consider a legitimate reason for his action if its not "losing face" ?

For the point of discussion,

IF the answer is NO , then the Thainess term applied is incorrect.

I would say generally it is a thai trait. Most westerners although maybe angry would not resort to these extreme measures

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thainess.

Racism

I've been here more than a few years and can't honestly recall ' Thainess ' being used until YL started, on her many overseas trips, saying she wanted to export it etc.

You must consider yourself lucky to have been born deaf and not blind.

I would say generally it is a thai trait. Most westerners although maybe angry would not resort to these extreme measures

How about other Asian countries, is loosing face a component there?

I would say it is an Asian trait rather than a Thai one and not always one with negative consequences

Though in this case it seems to be the major contributing factor, it rarely results in murder, when it does , it is as a result of also , other contributing factors such as some sort of sociopathic personality trait,

sociopathy again not being strictly a Thai trait.

Yes, loss of face is an issue in many Asian cultures but it manifests itself with murderous outcomes more commonly in Thailand than elsewhere....thainess IS appropriate in this context

Yes, loss of face is an issue in many Asian cultures but it manifests itself with murderous outcomes more commonly in Thailand than elsewhere....thainess IS appropriate in this context

In your Opinion

I am not disagreeing with you, but I could not find any data in the searches I did to support that opinion

can you please point me to the statistics you base that opinion on

I agree its hard to imagine this happening somewhere else. Taxi driver runs down cop, does a runner with his gun then murders some people who told him off for not showing the least bit of courtesy to his neighbours. Where else are people this idiotic and wreckless ? I'm married to a Thai so am not anti Thai but this does have Thainess all over it. Cue the pc brigade.....