Where can I find canned air duster a.k.a compressed air?

lianajohn

Thank you all for your valuable input! Apart from using the air pressure for cleaning my keyboards, I also need it for the lock (shown on the photo). I wonder WD-40 will be useful for this type of lock. Either the entry was filled with dust or the shredded metal pieces from the key, often times I was unable to insert the key. At first I used a small wire poking and poking, and even the tip of the wire broke and jammed. Then I tried air pressure. Open Sesame! :Dpost-235737-0-58042900-1429509262_thumb.

Thank you all for your valuable input! Apart from using the air pressure for cleaning my keyboards, I also need it for the lock (shown on the photo). I wonder WD-40 will be useful for this type of lock. Either the entry was filled with dust or the shredded metal pieces from the key, often times I was unable to insert the key. At first I used a small wire poking and poking, and even the tip of the wire broke and jammed. Then I tried air pressure. Open Sesame! biggrin.png

WD-40 is a lubricant for metal parts. And the spray cans come with a very thin plastic tube that can be used to attach to the spray nozzle for purposes like spraying it directly into the inside of lock mechanisms.

It's not going to do anything to clean out debris that may somehow have gotten into the lock mechanism. But it might help the lock actually move despite having debris inside due to its lubrication effect.

Some years ago I remember an extended discussion of keyboard by some real geeks. Soap and water with soft brush, then thorough air drying. Several were much in favor of putting kbd in dishwasher. No joke, expert long-time geeks.

Your average cheap keyboard is actually quite easy to take apart in order to brush out any bits of dried rice or biscuits that may have got in between the keys. Just be careful aligning the plastic circuit and/or springs so it works again afterwards. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for the cans of compressed air? I've just been shopping at HomePro (Samkong branch), noticed they have cans of stuff and remembered your original request. The cans are in the aisle with the epoxy filler/glues.

You are very kind. Thanks! I haven't had time driving to Amorn. Going to Central is like going to China. biggrin.png Which HomePro is Samkong branch? I only know one near Central, and the other one in Thalang. Anyway, I now know I can get this compressed air either at Amorn or at HomePro. clap2.gif

Still looking for the cans of compressed air? I've just been shopping at HomePro (Samkong branch), noticed they have cans of stuff and remembered your original request. The cans are in the aisle with the epoxy filler/glues.

You are very kind. Thanks! I haven't had time driving to Amorn. Going to Central is like going to China. biggrin.png Which HomePro is Samkong branch? I only know one near Central, and the other one in Thalang. Anyway, I now know I can get this compressed air either at Amorn or at HomePro. clap2.gif

Think ihe is talking about the HomePro in the big Lotus complex on the bypass road, called Samkong Junction.

Think ihe is talking about the HomePro in the big Lotus complex on the bypass road, called Samkong Junction.

Got it! It's still close to "China." laugh.png I'll make time for a "long" trip soon. cheesy.gif Thanks!

Needed to get a new compressed air can for home, so went to my nearby FortuneTown IT Mall in Bkk where I've often sourced them before.

As mentioned above, at least here in BKK, the Amorn shops often stock the 220 ml Kloud brand green colored spray cans.

Yesterday, I found the smaller size and the larger 430 ml Kloud cans at Nutty PC/electronics accessories shop there. I think Nutty is a chain operation, because I've seen their shops elsewhere as well.

They were selling the 220 ml Kloud cans for 250b, and the 430 ml cans for 450b.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Needed to get a new compressed air can for home, so went to my nearby FortuneTown IT Mall in Bkk where I've often sourced them before.

As mentioned above, at least here in BKK, the Amorn shops often stock the 220 ml Kloud brand green colored spray cans.

Yesterday, I found the smaller size and the larger 430 ml Kloud cans at Nutty PC/electronics accessories shop there. I think Nutty is a chain operation, because I've seen their shops elsewhere as well.

They were selling the 220 ml Kloud cans for 250b, and the 430 ml cans for 450b.

Thanks a lot! I still haven't made my trip to "China" yet.facepalm.gif Knowing I could get this item in Thailand I'm quite relieved. w00t.gif

Once again, thank you all for your valuable input. I finally got the canned compress air (3M 200ml for 229Baht) at HomePro. I think 3M either has a production line in Thailand or has a big market here because the instructions and contents are printed on the can all in Thai. I was quite surprised. rolleyes.gif

Once again, thank you all for your valuable input. I finally got the canned compress air (3M 200ml for 229Baht) at HomePro. I think 3M either has a production line in Thailand or has a big market here because the instructions and contents are printed on the can all in Thai. I was quite surprised. rolleyes.gif

Please post back and let us know if it was suitable - I'm often after canned air too.

Please post back and let us know if it was suitable - I'm often after canned air too.

Someone posted a pic of Kloud's canned air in one of the earlier threads, but I didn't find it at HomePro. Instead, I found 3M. Because I can't compare Kloud with 3M, I can only use my other brand as a comparison (I think Kloud's should have the same design). Personally I don't see any difference in terms of air pressure coming out of the cans, but 3M's has a "spray gun" type release vs "top pressed" button that is shown on the photo. I think it's a matter of personal preference, but I'll definitely try to buy Kloud's canned air next time. biggrin.pngpost-235737-0-63987400-1431412130_thumb.