Where can I find canned air duster a.k.a compressed air?

lianajohn

Does anyone know where I can buy canned air duster to clean my PC keyboard? I tried Office Depot, Power Buy, camera shops and computer stores without any luck. If you know where I can get this item in Phuket, it would be even more helpful. Thanks!

Home pro has them... I think 450b a pop. Super expensive.

You are right. THAT is expensive. It's cheaper to go to a motorbike shop and pay 10 Baht for ... :) Just kidding! Thanks a lot for the info! I will try Home Pro.

You are right. THAT is expensive. It's cheaper to go to a motorbike shop and pay 10 Baht for ... smile.png Just kidding! Thanks a lot for the info! I will try Home Pro.

Summink like this?:

post-35489-0-56509500-1429442638_thumb.j

Not sure where I got it from rolleyes.gif but maybe Amorn, bottom of Big C. About 250 baht? Maybe. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCQhPTdy

You are right. THAT is expensive. It's cheaper to go to a motorbike shop and pay 10 Baht for ... smile.png Just kidding! Thanks a lot for the info! I will try Home Pro.

Summink like this?:

attachicon.gifdust remover.jpg

Not sure where I got it from rolleyes.gif but maybe Amorn, bottom of Big C. About 250 baht? Maybe. unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeCQhPTdy

Exactly! Thanks a bunch! :) 250 Baht is quite reasonable. ;)

Amorn in BKK at FortuneTown usually has them for about 250b (same brand depicted above), and some other misc. accessory shops in FortuneTown as well.

It's a mystery to me why, in this era of computers, that many of the places you'd expect to stock such a basic, simple PC accessory simply don't.

Never seen compressed air at Tesco, Big C, PowerBuy, HomePro, IT City, Banana IT, etc etc.

Perhaps Thais don't believe in cleaning out their PCs of all the gunk that's floating around in the air. Or perhaps they think the cans are haunted???

Amorn in BKK at FortuneTown usually has them for about 250b (same brand depicted above), and some other misc. accessory shops in FortuneTown as well.

It's a mystery to me why, in this era of computers, that many of the places you'd expect to stock such a basic, simple PC accessory simply don't.

Never seen compressed air at Tesco, Big C, PowerBuy, HomePro, IT City, Banana IT, etc etc.

Perhaps Thais don't believe in cleaning out their PCs of all the gunk that's floating around in the air. Or perhaps they think the cans are haunted???

Thanks for your input! I was especially astonished that Office Depot doesn't carry this item. When I bought 2 PCs at Banana IT recently, I got two small plastic brushes for cleaning the keyboards. I asked staffs whether they had air duster. They looked at me as if I was from another planet. After having used up the dusters I bought from abroad, I've blown myself silly trying to remove dust from under the keyboards. :( Amorn, here I come!!! :)

Oh dear- how do people actually get through life?

I can understand the difficulties of visas, relationships , divorces, bereavement etc etc.

As suggested, there is this weird thing called a vacuum cleaner- it cleans floors, picks up dog hairs , sofas, rugs and is very good on keyboards

I can understand the difficulties of visas, relationships , divorces, bereavement etc etc.

As suggested, there is this weird thing called a vacuum cleaner- it cleans floors, picks up dog hairs , sofas, rugs and is very good on keyboards

Oops! Am I not allowed to post this type of topic in the forum? As a newbie if I have annoyed anyone, I do apologize.

Actually, I do use my vacuum cleaner to clean the keyboard, but I thought the can of compressed air might come in useful one day.. for something... dunno what though... post-35489-0-01965800-1429458489.gif

I have seen it at PowerBuy and computer shops. The price was always more than 400 baht. At that price, they can keep it.

You have? If I have seen it myself at PowerBuy, I would have bought it regardless of the price. This thing is also useful for my jammed lock. ;)

Oops! Am I not allowed to post this type of topic in the forum? As a newbie if I have annoyed anyone, I do apologize.

Hi there- no don't apologise- of course you can post.

But you have been sucked into marketing - you don't need that wonderful, fabulous, gorgeous , super can of air.

Maybe it's a generational thing- make do and mend.

Living with Thais you are sometimes stunned - we would off to HomePro or whatever to buy some whizzy gadget- they sort things out in a much simpler way.

Just use the Hoover.

Regards

I'm afraid the typical household vacuum cleaner isn't exactly the right tool for blowing accumulated dust and dust balls out of the inside of a PC (CPU box).

Keyboards aren't the only thing that compressed air cleaning is used for. And frankly, even for keyboards, a compressed air blaster is going to do a much better job of cleaning inside the keyboard itself.

I have seen it at PowerBuy and computer shops. The price was always more than 400 baht. At that price, they can keep it.

You have? If I have seen it myself at PowerBuy, I would have bought it regardless of the price. This thing is also useful for my jammed lock. wink.png

WD-40 spray is the usual solution for jammed or sticky locks.

Believe it or not, I've found it easier to buy WD-40 here than compressed air cans.

WD-40 is usually at Amorn shops, I've seen it at HomePro, and I believe misc. Thai hardware shops.

I'm afraid the typical household vacuum cleaner isn't exactly the right tool for blowing accumulated dust and dust balls out of the inside of a PC (CPU box).

Keyboards aren't the only thing that compressed air cleaning is used for. And frankly, even for keyboards, a compressed air blaster is going to do a much better job of cleaning inside the keyboard itself.

Yes, a typical household vacuum cleaner isn't too good at blowing out the dust, but is amazingly effective at sucking it out. But you must count the number of keys before and after using it, as you may find the vacuum cleaner does just too good a job at removing lose parts. ohmy.png

As for the can of compressed air, when I used it I discovered I was spraying the keyboard with liquid air, which immediately vaporised and left the keyboard slightly chilled.

So I went back to using the vacuum cleaner.

Still look for something to do with the liquid air sprayer. post-35489-0-41926800-1429466667.gif

> Believe it or not, I've found it easier to buy WD-40 here than compressed air cans.

WD-40 is a publicly-held company with a valuation of over $1 billion. Put it up there with Kellogg's corn flakes and Marlboros for things available in nearly every fairly modern country.

Once when buying a laptop in Thailand, in that pile of cheap cheap doo-dads they throw in, was a small vacuum-cleaner sort of thing that plugged into the USB ports. The suction was non-existent, but at least I was able to use the brush on it.