Cash Rewards For Those That Assist Arrests Of Drug Traffickers

Jai Dee

Gov to offer cash rewards to those who can lead to arrests of drug traffickers

Cash rewards will be offered for people whose information lead to the arrest of any of the more than 7,000 major drug dealers who are still at large.

Wan Muhamad Nor Matha (วัน มูหะหมัด นอร์ มะทา), adviser to caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, said the prime minister has ordered the appointment of a committee to be responsible for rehabilitation of drug addicts and wanted rewards set for anyone who helps arrest drug traders.

Mr. Wan Nor said drug use in Bangkok has reduced to a satisfactory level but 14 provinces have to be put under a close watch on their drug situation.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 05 September 2006

Amazing... 7000 drugs traffickers properly identified... but the police is unable to catch any of them.

That's a lot.

:o

Oh wait a minute : the police man call his friend to the police station, give the address. then they shoot the trafficker and take the reward.

Lets see just how cheap life really is here.....

The biggest drug dealers I know of here are doctors. :D Go to the clinic with a sniffle, and you emerge later with about 3 shopping bags full of brightly-coloured pills.

Another form over substance exercise in futility and waste of public funds, I'm afraid. :o

Can't help recalling all the murders of drug users and street dealers in Bangkok by over-zealous police acting on the advice of often malicious neighbours. A program of rewards will simply mean large-scale "dobbing" of people with whom someone has a grudge. Meanwhile big dealers will secure better immunity by offering higher rewards...

Lets see just how cheap life really is here.....

The biggest drug dealers I know of here are doctors. :D Go to the clinic with a sniffle, and you emerge later with about 3 shopping bags full of brightly-coloured pills.

Another form over substance exercise in futility and waste of public funds, I'm afraid. :D

Yes life is good for doctors here. They get drugs for free from drug companies, sell it and turn around and make a commission from the drug companies. What a Life!!! :D:o