Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign ... is she out-gaying Obama?

Jingthing

There is no doubt that whichever democrat is nominated, and it almost certainly will be Hillary Clinton this time, that something like 90 percent plus of GLBT American voters will vote democrat. So this gaying up of her campaign from the start can't possibly be only about securing that vote, which she already has.

Her rollout video.

Definitely the most gay content of any major presidential campaign start in American history.

Her campaign manager. An out quite young gay man ... first time an out gay man has had that key job for a very major candidate in American history.

OK, why do I think she is doing this?

Well, I think that like Obama she has fully "evolved" to be very pro gay civil rights, but I also think by associating herself with gay rights she is hoping to energize the more progressive wing of the democratic party to get excited about her, work for her, give money, vote, etc. That's much much bigger than just GLBT people. As she is older now and seen largely as an ESTABLISHMENT choice. this tactic makes political sense. Makes her virtually younger and cooler ... as gay civil rights are overwhelmingly supported by YOUNGER Americans.

On the campaign manager pick, I think she picked him because of competence, not a token pick.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/election/2015/04/22/gay-focus-clinton-campaign-ad-enrages-christian-critics

Christian Critics: Hillary Ad Basically a Queer as Folk Episode
A gay man narrated the ad and lesbians "caressed" each other during it, according to conserva
Edited by Jingthing

Anyway, as a gay American, I will be very happy to see President Hillary Rodham Clinton. I always preferred her to Obama, but it did turn out that Obama has been the best U.S. president for gay civil rights in history without a doubt (and probably did more for GLBT than ALL other previous presidents COMBINED!), and I don't think even Hillary can beat him on that. Of course gay rights issues are not the only issues for voters to consider so I suppose gay Americans who are against science, against health care access, etc. might consider voting republican.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1