US woman jailed for firing at McDonald's outlet over bacon-less burger

webfact

Woman gets 3-7-years for shooting over bacon-less burger

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan woman has been sentenced to three to seven years in prison for opening fire at a McDonald's restaurant after workers twice failed to put bacon on her burgers.

Authorities say 30-year-old Shaneka Torres became angry in February 2014 when the first burger she ordered at the restaurant's drive-up station was missing bacon. She was offered a free meal, but bacon also wasn't added to a second burger order.

Police say she fired a shot through the restaurant. No one was injured.

A Kent County Circuit Court jury convicted her March 25. Judge Paul Sullivan on Tuesday sentenced her to one to five years for shooting at a building, plus two years for possessing a firearm during a felony.

Torres says she's sorry "but it's over and done with."

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-04-23

This article made me chuckle. Thanks, TV. I just envision the irate customer loudly demanding compensation for her missing bacon, and the guys working the sandwiches snickering and (this time on purpose) omitting the bacon from the unruly customer's burger. If I can play ThaiVisa CSI a bit, I suspect the whole "where's my bacon" bit was a ploy to get free food. My friends and I used to pull that kind of stuff when we were in jr. high.

Though, I doubt the sandwich crew was laughing when shots were fired.

• Like 1

This article made me chuckle. Thanks, TV. I just envision the irate customer loudly demanding compensation for her missing bacon, and the guys working the sandwiches snickering and (this time on purpose) omitting the bacon from the unruly customer's burger. If I can play ThaiVisa CSI a bit, I suspect the whole "where's my bacon" bit was a ploy to get free food. My friends and I used to pull that kind of stuff when we were in jr. high.

If they lived in a state where it was legal to carry concealed weapons they could have shot her. That would have saved the state the cost of incarcerating her.

• Like 2

A number of off-topic posts and replies have been removed.

Although many are meant in jest, we do need to try to stay on topic and some of the racist, sexist remarks are not permitted.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

A menu is an implied contract.

It says bacon.

Gimme the bacon!

Would you like some extra bacon on that burger?

How about fries...would you like fries:?

How big do you want those fries?

Should I supersize the coke?

Which toy does you kid want with that happy meal?

Would you like that for here or to go?

How about an apple pie?

Is that gun loaded?

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 2

Sorry dudes, put on the reading glasses, a WOMAN and check the name? You think she is a borne US citizen with a legal firearms license, she's probably an illegal immigrant.

Besides bacon is expensive, so I would want in on my burger that I paid for haha! Go POSTAL!

Sorry dudes, put on the reading glasses, a WOMAN and check the name? You think she is a borne US citizen with a legal firearms license, she's probably an illegal immigrant.

Besides bacon is expensive, so I would want in on my burger that I paid for haha! Go POSTAL!

My name is Squiddledickinski....and I was born in the USA.. Hey...look at Barrack Obama....how about the Big Lebowski?

Look up John Wayne's name... tons of foreign names. Heck...she could be the sister of Peter Torres from that band "The Monkees"

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 2

If they lived in a state where it was legal to carry concealed weapons they could have shot her. That would have saved the state the cost of incarcerating her.

Michigan allows concealed carry (provided one has a permit). Open carry is legal there too. Seems unlikely that a kid working a deep fryer would be packing, doesn't it? :)

Actually, if one has the permit he's still subject to the wishes of private property owners. His license is no good on someone else's property and that includes a business if the business/property owner prohibits it. Most employers prohibit it at work. The carry permit and open carry regulations don't trump private property rights.

• Like 1

Do you want some fries with that shake . . . uhm, I mean earthquake?

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/04/prison_for_woman_who_fired_gun.html

Fine specimen of a women!?!?!?????

Any wonder why cops in these areas are so on edge if idiots like this are ready to open fire over a piece of bacon? Saw a case once where someone was killed over a piece of chicken. Life is cheap in some communities.

Edited by F430murci

Do you want some fries with that shake . . . uhm, I mean earthquake?

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2015/04/prison_for_woman_who_fired_gun.html

Fine specimen of a women!?!?!?????

Any wonder why cops in these areas are so on edge if idiots like this are ready to open fire over a piece of bacon? Saw a case once where someone was killed over a piece of chicken. Life is cheap in some communities.

From the looks of her, the loss of her patronage at McDonald's could effect the bottom line enough to push a few franchises into bankruptcy.

• Like 1

My name is Squiddledickinski....and I was born in the USA.. Hey...look at Barrack Obama....how about the Big Lebowski?

Look up John Wayne's name... tons of foreign names. Heck...she could be the sister of Peter Torres from that band "The Monkees"

That is Peter Tork of the "Monkees".

• Like 1