Mayweather v The Packman

uptheos

Not really - but Axel Rose is famous and he 'went off his tree' on Twitter (check it out) - and there has been a lot of response (90+% agree).

If anyone wants to see what TMT is all about - check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjfHuAVig9g

Yes it was 'legal' as the Referee had called time - but was it morally right? NO !!

This sums up TMT perfectly (not mine): "Great skill, that's about it. He is not a true champion. A true champion doesn't just care about the money, or about the win; a true champion cares about how it is obtained. Mayweather will accept a win that he did not earn with pride, such as the Ortiz fight. Yes its was a win, and a legal one, but shouldn't he had waited and proved that he was actually better than Ortiz? No, he took advantage of the situation to insure himself a win regardless of how it was accomplished. Mayweather is arrogant, extremely cocky, offensive, and lacks moral value. The guy is going to jail for domestic abuse for heaven's sake! He has proved many times that he is a coward. He has no purpose in winning, he has no great story, he is not humble or honorable, he is the hero of no one but himself......."

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My scoring was for THIS May/pac fight,and i scored the fight on a 10-9 basis the same as the 3 JUDGES scored the fight.

If you have to google other possibilities judges can give such as Knockdowns,points deducted by the referee

etc etc you must be just learning about boxing

You said to correct you if you were wrong, so allow me...the scoring is based on the "10-point must system", there is no obligation to score everyone round 10-9, other scores are also possible...google it and then you can correct yourself rather than requesting that others do it in the future...

I don't understand how they have a World title fight,an American Vs Filipino and

all the judges are American ?, i am sure they would all be fair and impartial facepalm.gif .

and all above board.

regards worgeordie

I agree100% with this post

I scored the fight a draw 114-114 but i can understand 2 of the judges score of 116-112 as 6 or 7 rounds were very close and could of gone either way,but when you have the " home grown boy" fighting in his " back yard" with 3 "home grown judges" scoring the fight with quite a number of the rounds very close that i found very hard to give one way or the other. I am not saying they were bias against Manny but with the occasion what it was and so many very close rounds,when shove comes to push and they feel obliged to score a very close round 10-9 it would not be the first time that the home grown judges have leaned towards the " home grown boy"

Pacquiao aggression was not taken into account,Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao,even his father told him he was scared,but at the end of the day the 2 fighters got the biggest pay day ever,I'm sure Manny will make better use of his cut than Mayweather so good luck to them.

I wonder if they had a rematch in Manilla with 3 Filipino judges scoring the fight.Who would win?

You do know how to score boxing, right?

20150502_220734.0.jpg

Right

Correct me if i am wrong,but i scored the fight as anyone sitting at home watching on the tv is entitled to do,scoring each round on a 10-9 basis giving 10 to the boxer you thought won the round.

Now I'm no expert like these 3 judges but if Mr Feldman and Mr clements were sitting next to each other at school,the teacher might be entitled to call them "copy cats" as they scored every round the same @116-112 but can you explain to me why Mr Moreti scored the 9 th and 10 th rounds to Mayweather while the other 2 judges gave these rounds to Manny making his score 118-110.

Now i scored the 9th 10-9 to Mayweather the same as Mr Moretii and scored the 10 th 10-9 to Pacquiao the same as the other 2 judges, everyone is entitled to their opinion on who won the round thats why i had Mayweather winning 6 rounds and Manny winning 6 rounds but i am a little surprised 2 judges gave exactly the same scorecard and the other judge gave a completely different account on the 9 th and 10 rounds

I did think a number of rounds were very hard to score but of course no home grown judge in is own back yard scoreing a home grown fighter in a few rounds that an amateur like me found very hard to score would lean towards the home boxer.

people think mayweather just runs, part of his defense is his amazing footwork which also sets ups his counters, be he is a master of the shoulder roll defense he can stand right in front of opponents or pinned to ropes as world class boxers throw combos at him and he never gets hit cleanly. several highlight compilations on youtube highlight his defensive mastery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyj2PxTpHy0

This fight could never have lived up to all the hype, but with the amount of money Mayweather got for this he could have at least made an effort to do some damage to his opponent instead of just using his 5" reach advantage to stay safe. At least Pacquiao tried once in a while to entertain by letting go with a flurry of punches. Mayweather only concentrated on assuring everybody that the big seat and PPV prices weren't worth it. I can't imagine that anybody's interested in seeing a rematch.

LOL..ur totally wrong again.... "THIS" fight as you put it was scored by the judges on the 10 point must system

Let me help you out a bit here...of course you can invent your own scoring system and pretend the judges followed your system if you wish!

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/index.ssf/2015/04/boxing_101_mayweather-pacquiao.html

"HOW TO SCORE

Boxing is scored round by round, each round scored separately, by three ringside judges, on a 10-point-must system. The fighter who wins a round must receive 10 points. The fighter who loses a round typically receives nine points, except in the event of knockdown(s) or an especially one-sided round, in which case the round usually is scored 10-8 in the event of one knockdown or equivalent, 10-7 for two, or 10-6 for three. A score differential of more than four points in a round is extremely rare. A round can be scored 10-10, though it is discouraged....."

My scoring was for THIS May/pac fight,and i scored the fight on a 10-9 basis the same as the 3 JUDGES scored the fight.

If you have to google other possibilities judges can give such as Knockdowns,points deducted by the referee

etc etc you must be just learning about boxing

You said to correct you if you were wrong, so allow me...the scoring is based on the "10-point must system", there is no obligation to score everyone round 10-9, other scores are also possible...google it and then you can correct yourself rather than requesting that others do it in the future...

he can't be that famous as you spelt his name wrong! the rest of your post makes it sound like you have an agenda......I will instead stick to my own fair and balanced assessment and try not to be influenced by washed up rock stars

PS don't forget that Ortiz tried to purposely head butt Mayweather which is a flagrant foul and an automatic DQ in most jurisdictions...

Not really - but Axel Rose is famous and he 'went off his tree' on Twitter (check it out) - and there has been a lot of response (90+% agree).

If anyone wants to see what TMT is all about - check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjfHuAVig9g

Yes it was 'legal' as the Referee had called time - but was it morally right? NO !!

This sums up TMT perfectly (not mine): "Great skill, that's about it. He is not a true champion. A true champion doesn't just care about the money, or about the win; a true champion cares about how it is obtained. Mayweather will accept a win that he did not earn with pride, such as the Ortiz fight. Yes its was a win, and a legal one, but shouldn't he had waited and proved that he was actually better than Ortiz? No, he took advantage of the situation to insure himself a win regardless of how it was accomplished. Mayweather is arrogant, extremely cocky, offensive, and lacks moral value. The guy is going to jail for domestic abuse for heaven's sake! He has proved many times that he is a coward. He has no purpose in winning, he has no great story, he is not humble or honorable, he is the hero of no one but himself......."

I wonder how bad Manny will be penalized for hiding his injuries pre-fight. many boxers have lost their titles and license for doing so. I wonder if he will be banned from boxing or if they will pitty him. I would laugh my butt off if they fined him his percentage of the purse. They probably would have allowed him to fight anyway, but not disclosing injuries to the gaming commission is pretty serious.

"This fight could never have lived up to all the hype, but with the amount of money Mayweather got for this he could have at least made an effort to do some damage to his opponent instead of just using his 5" reach advantage to stay safe."

His effort was to win and apparently that worked. But yes it was a lackluster fight.

They have completely different styles of fighting and Mayweather knew exactly what he was doing. If manny was a heavy weight his style might have been effective.

Of course there won't be a rematch any time soon. Mayweather has one more fight in Sept. That was already arranged and after that he will retire. He is 38 I think which is getting old for a boxer. He has a great record and can only hurt it from now on.

I wonder how bad Manny will be penalized for hiding his injuries pre-fight. many boxers have lost their titles and license for doing so. I wonder if he will be banned from boxing or if they will pitty him. I would laugh my butt off if they fined him his percentage of the purse. They probably would have allowed him to fight anyway, but not disclosing injuries to the gaming commission is pretty serious.

"This fight could never have lived up to all the hype, but with the amount of money Mayweather got for this he could have at least made an effort to do some damage to his opponent instead of just using his 5" reach advantage to stay safe."

His effort was to win and apparently that worked. But yes it was a lackluster fight.

They have completely different styles of fighting and Mayweather knew exactly what he was doing. If manny was a heavy weight his style might have been effective.

Of course there won't be a rematch any time soon. Mayweather has one more fight in Sept. That was already arranged and after that he will retire. He is 38 I think which is getting old for a boxer. He has a great record and can only hurt it from now on.

How did "Manny" hide his injuries?

How did "Manny" hide his injuries?

"Manny Pacquiao could face disciplinary action from Nevada boxing officials for failing to disclose a shoulder injury before his fight with Floyd Mayweather.
Nevada Athletic Commission chairman Francisco Aguilar said Monday (Tuesday NZ time) that the state attorney general's office will look at why Pacquiao checked "no" a day before the fight on a commission questionnaire asking if he had a shoulder injury.
"We will gather all the facts and follow the circumstances," Aguilar said. "At some point we will have some discussion. As a licensee of the commission you want to make sure fighters are giving you up-to-date information."
Pacquiao could face a possible fine or suspension for not answering the question accurately on a form he filled out just before Friday's weigh-in. He would go on to lose a unanimous decision to Mayweather in the richest fight ever."

Thank you for the reply on checking the form for no injuries. With that I looked further into the denial of the injection before the fight and that was a reason given in the stories I read.

http://www.dailymail...-scorecard.html

But of course

The home grown judges in their own back yard,judging their own grown fighter

certainly would not lean to their own grown fighter in a close round

Since you like links; here's another.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/5/4/8542599/may-pac-aftermath-rampant-feelings-of-disappointment-and-bitterness

I don't know what was worse - Jamie Foxx's rendition of the anthem or the fight. Both painful.

And Foxx has an excuse too.

Jamie Foxx defends his Mayweather v Pacquiao national anthem: I killed it

Actor Jamie Foxx has defended his rendition of the American national anthem before the huge Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao world title fight, saying it was a success at the venue.

Speaking on the Ellen DeGeneres show, Foxx admitted "some people were a little upset about how it went down", but said he was never going to sing a traditional version.

Foxx was panned by media and on social media for butchering The Star Spangled Banner on Sunday – although many acknowledged it is a difficult song to master in a live pre-match environment. Much more famous musicians, including Aerosmith's Steven Tyler and Christina Aguilera have been slammed for their attempts.

He conceded the performance was "a little off" for viewers of the telecast because he couldn't hear the music he was singing to, but said that wasn't the case inside the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Foxx said his inner earpiece stopped working properly and the crowd noise meant he could not hear the music.

Advertisement

"I can't hear what the organ is doing with the big crowd," Foxx told DeGeneres. "So some of it was a little off, but in the arena it killed. The telecast was a little off ... but we still love America."

At the risk of bringing out the "America is a litigation society" comments:

"A class-action lawsuit was filed Tuesday on behalf of two Las Vegas residents seeking more than $5 million from Manny Pacquiao, his manager and his promoters for fraudulently concealing his injury before his fight against Floyd Mayweather.

The suit alleges that Pacquiao and his manager Michael Koncz, his promotional company Top Rank, its chairman Bob Arum and its president Todd duBoef, admitted that they knew of his shoulder injury after the fight, but failed to disclose it to the Nevada Athletic Commission as required by law. They also kept it a secret from fans who bought tickets to the fight, purchased the fight on pay-per-view and bet on the fight."

Badlefthook.com an excellent boxing site....I also like doghouseboxing.com...lots of knowledgeable banter on both

http://www.dailymail...-scorecard.html

But of course

The home grown judges in their own back yard,judging their own grown fighter

certainly would not lean to their own grown fighter in a close round

Since you like links; here's another.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/5/4/8542599/may-pac-aftermath-rampant-feelings-of-disappointment-and-bitterness

he can't be that famous as you spelt his name wrong! the rest of your post makes it sound like you have an agenda......I will instead stick to my own fair and balanced assessment and try not to be influenced by washed up rock stars

PS don't forget that Ortiz tried to purposely head butt Mayweather which is a flagrant foul and an automatic DQ in most jurisdictions...

The point was that 90%+ of the 'internet/twitter' comments made in response to the rock star's twitter statements agreed with him. He has about 1million followers - but I am not one of them.

Ortiz was still apologising to TMT and the referee and the crowd when TMT hit him and knocked him out with 2 punches.

I dont have an agenda - I have an opinion. The 'rock star' happens to agree with mine (as does most of those on the interent).

Perthaps if you had one yourself, rather than getting yours from others on boxing websites, you would understand what an opinon is and not make stupid comments about other's. Better still, why dont you go back to those websites with their 'knowledgeable banter' and let them tell you what your opinions are.

Thanks for the advice but I usually make decisions on my own and don't follow people who make ad hominem attacks or get their opinions from ancient rock stars.....btw do you also follow Axl Rose on hockey, PGA golf, or a myriad of other subjects which he is not an expert in....what about currency rates and macroeconomic trends...should we also consult him on those.....maybe you should seek Slash's opinion as well....or the ghost of Elvis!

I am not buying any of the stats you cite either without proper reference and back up.....

It sounds like you are a bit challenged by substantive debate, but if you really want to expose your ideas to experts, visit some of the boxing blogs and find out how little you really know!

The point was that 90%+ of the 'internet/twitter' comments made in response to the rock star's twitter statements agreed with him. He has about 1million followers - but I am not one of them.

Ortiz was still apologising to TMT and the referee and the crowd when TMT hit him and knocked him out with 2 punches.

I dont have an agenda - I have an opinion. The 'rock star' happens to agree with mine (as does most of those on the interent).

Perthaps if you had one yourself, rather than getting yours from others on boxing websites, you would understand what an opinon is and not make stupid comments about other's. Better still, why dont you go back to those websites with their 'knowledgeable banter' and let them tell you what your opinions are.

Thanks for the advice but I usually make decisions on my own and don't follow people who make ad hominem attacks or get their opinions from ancient rock stars.....btw do you also follow Axl Rose on hockey, PGA golf, or a myriad of other subjects which he is not an expert in....what about currency rates and macroeconomic trends...should we also consult him on those.....maybe you should seek Slash's opinion as well....or the ghost of Elvis!

I am not buying any of the stats you cite either without proper reference and back up.....

It sounds like you are a bit challenged by substantive debate, but if you really want to expose your ideas to experts, visit some of the boxing blogs and find out how little you really know!

im a big guns n roses fan but it does seem a bit rich for axl rose to demand a free rematch when he is or was notorious for refusing to go onstage until hours after the scheduled time and stormed off stage on a few occasions causing fans to riot, he never seemed to fussed with satisfying his paying customers

LOLlaugh.png ...I actually like them too....on second thought though maybe a Slash - Axl Rose smackdown might generate some decent PPV numbers.....

im a big guns n roses fan but it does seem a bit rich for axl rose to demand a free rematch when he is or was notorious for refusing to go onstage until hours after the scheduled time and stormed off stage on a few occasions causing fans to riot, he never seemed to fussed with satisfying his paying customers

Added to my ignore list - unable to understand what an argument is and to respond appropriately.

You ever seen Monty Python? Quote: "That's not an argument, and I came here for an argument. An argument isn't just contradiction. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic naysaying of any statement the other person makes." ............... (pause) ............... "No it isn't."

Looks like we are all helping you get to the crux of what the problem is...you are looking for an argument....others are looking for an insightful interaction of ideas......little wonder that you have to follow a rock guy's opinion and are unwilling to formulate your own....first Guns and Roses, now Monty Python???? This says it all....Quid es Demonstratum...next....

Added to my ignore list - unable to understand what an argument is and to respond appropriately.

You ever seen Monty Python? Quote: "That's not an argument, and I came here for an argument. An argument isn't just contradiction. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition. Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic naysaying of any statement the other person makes." ............... (pause) ............... "No it isn't."

This fight could never have lived up to all the hype, but with the amount of money Mayweather got for this he could have at least made an effort to do some damage to his opponent instead of just using his 5" reach advantage to stay safe. At least Pacquiao tried once in a while to entertain by letting go with a flurry of punches. Mayweather only concentrated on assuring everybody that the big seat and PPV prices weren't worth it. I can't imagine that anybody's interested in seeing a rematch.

Different styles of boxing, and Mayweather is an expert at defence and counter Attack, and i tohught pacman didnt have a clue how to out think him

Archived