Has Zico's Brazilian Grill gone ?

Asiantravel

I went past Zico's Brazilian Grill at Central Festival Beach today and all doors were closed and all the windows are covered with white plastic film and the signs have gone? Has it closed down?ohmy.png

If it has closed, what does that tell you about the Pattaya economy?sad.png

wow- I thought they had only closed down for the week of Songkran. The place always looked busy to me but I think it was one of those "novelty"restaurants that tourists or locals went to once and that was it.

Interesting how the Beefeater Steakhouse is always packed...even on Monday evenings & even the steakhouse across from it. It deals with us locals knowing which places serve good food; has good service; and well trained professional staff. (If I am going to spend some bucks on a good Western steak, I don't want to deal with a ting-tong waitess that was never trained how to wait on customers, doesn't understand English so gets the order all f#kd up, and looks at her cell phone when she need to be taking care of the customers.

For Thai food at a Thai restaurant, I can handle poor service - part of the atmosphere, especially when the rice is delivered 20 minutes before one of your main dishes. If your 3-4 Thai dishes are delivered within an appropriate time period along with the rice, you and your friends wait there another 10 minutes to get a plate and spoon. (Oh, the waiteress is in the back looking at her cell phone playing Candyman on Line)

• Like 2

Honestly, I never went there.

I do love Churrascaria but was spoiled by the real deal in both Brazil and some places in the U.S.

Years ago there was a sort of OK place in Bangkok and I liked that a few of the items on the buffet part (as opposed to the meat sticks at table which of course is required) were actually Brazilian food.

I had heard that the buffet part at the Pattaya didn't have any Brazilian food.

Oh well.

I do love Churrascaria but was spoiled by the real deal in both Brazil and some places in the U.S.

Years ago there was a sort of OK place in Bangkok and I liked that a few of the items on the buffet part (as opposed to the meat sticks at table which of course is required) were actually Brazilian food.

Oh well.

Lucky for you that you never were there, knowing that you are quite the Gourmand... i was there twice, first and last time... meet quality was sick.gif and prices outrageous...

Oh well.

You heard wrong. Perhaps you should have gone there, instead of proclaiming that you were "spoiled by the real thing". Even in Brazil, the "real thing" varies considerably. Please stop trying to show off. It's quite dull.

• Like 2

Oh well.

You heard wrong. Perhaps you should have gone there, instead of proclaiming that you were "spoiled by the real thing". Even in Brazil, the "real thing" varies considerably. Please stop trying to show off. It's quite dull.

Perhaps.

You're right, the offerings vary greatly in Brazil ... often based on price and social class of the customers.

I liked the Brazilian dancers they had for awhile but then there was that Spanish singer, that was weird.

So sorry you find me dull ... though I've been called much worse.

If it really too much for you, indulge yourself in the wonderful IGNORE POSTERS feature here.

Edited by Jingthing

Oh well.

Lucky for you that you never were there, knowing that you are quite the Gourmand... i was there twice, first and last time... meet quality was sick.gif and prices outrageous...

We are talking about the restaurant in front of Central right...in Pattaya, this could be taken another way biggrin.png

• Like 1

I liked the Brazilian dancers

Never sat down there and my only interest in this place was watching them dance in front of tongue.png

A nice diversion and rememberance of my multicultural place I lived so long.

Once I noticed how arrogant/unfriendly they were.

OK, forget multicultural.

• Like 1

Over priced! As are others in festival

I may well be wrong but I felt their price promotions were very complicated and Byzantine. There also seemed to be pricing based on number of sticks. People expect all you can eat with churascarias, that's part of the fun. I wonder if they had just stuck to ONE PRICE all the time, all you can eat, whether the offer would have been more coherent to the public (and thus more popular) even if high priced which it would have to be of course.

What does it say?

That Russians and Chinese on tour buses aren't much into an expensive Thai version of Brazilian Churrascaria?

ah but it's not only this place.

There was a bistro above the Irish pub at the other end of the building on the corner of Beach road and the entrance to the Central Festival car park- that's also closed down.

Then there was a Russian restaurant behind the Central Food Hall that's also closed down now and gonesad.png

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

What does it say?

That Russians and Chinese on tour buses aren't much into an expensive Thai version of Brazilian Churrascaria?

ah but it's not only this place.

There was a bistro above the Irish pub at the other end of the building on the corner of Beach road and the entrance to the Central Festival car park- that's also closed down.

Then there was a Russian restaurant behind the Central Food Hall that's also closed down now and gonesad.png

Isn't that a positive sigh...that the Russians are clearing out? I mean, isn't Russian food like Filipino food...only Russians eat it.

• Like 2

Over priced! As are others in festival

I may well be wrong but I felt their price promotions were very complicated and Byzantine. There also seemed to be pricing based on number of sticks. People expect all you can eat with churascarias, that's part of the fun. I wonder if they had just stuck to ONE PRICE all the time, all you can eat, whether the offer would have been more coherent to the public (and thus more popular) even if high priced which it would have to be of course.

Never saw these promotions of which you speak. Considering that you "never went there", perhaps you should stop spouting nonsense.

Monday: Ladies night buffet

Churrascaria buffet inclusive a welcome fruit punch at THB 899 (For ladies only)

Tuesday: Free flow soft drink with buffet

Churrascaria buffet inclusive free flow of soft drink coke, sprite, soda and water unlimited at THB 999

Wednesday & Thursday: Beer buffet dinner

Churrascaria buffet inclusive free flow of beer unlimited 2 hours at THB 1,299

Weekly Special at Zico's Friday, Saturday & Sunday: Wine & Dine with buffet

Churrascaria buffet inclusive free flow wine unlimited 2 hours at

THB 1,499

I read their signs in front. I found it way too complicated. I am entitled to have that opinion.

Anyway, it's not really of any importance now either way, as they are closed (assuming they are actually closed).

In general though, I think restaurants are better off not over complicating their offers or their menus.
Edited by Jingthing

Actually quite liked the place- food was not fabulous- had a birthday party there with a party of ten. With the amount of quite decent wine we drank actually was not too expensive.

What concerns me is the place will be empty/ derelict for ages- so let's hope something new pops up soon.

Actually quite liked the place- food was not fabulous- had a birthday party there with a party of ten. With the amount of quite decent wine we drank actually was not too expensive.

What concerns me is the place will be empty/ derelict for ages- so let's hope something new pops up soon.

That's a good point.

It would make that mall more slummy if nothing replaces it.

I can also see a potential Starbucks there.

Not that I want another one but consider the rent has go to be huge on it ... few businesses could make it there.

Turnover of restaurants is predictable in any market. I like to see it as a good thing usually (when it isn't my favorite place!) because who knows something better and more interesting might open next!

Good thing, I guess (although I pity the many owners who've lost their investments). But, don't you agree that in Pattaya the turnover of restaurants is as extreme as the city itself...?

Turnover of restaurants is predictable in any market. I like to see it as a good thing usually (when it isn't my favorite place!) because who knows something better and more interesting might open next!

Good thing, I guess (although I pity the many owners who've lost their investments). But, don't you agree that in Pattaya the turnover of restaurants is as extreme as the city itself...?

Yes it seems high.

It seems especially high for foreigners trying to deal with local "legal" realities of running a business in Thailand.

Also amazing are the number of foreigners who open restaurants who never ran one before back home.

Wouldn't bet on those ... though sometimes there are exceptions.

• Like 1

Do we know where Hooters is going yet?,maybe this location

I heard North Pattaya.

But would the outdoor tables work for what Hooters does?

Families walking by ...

Why would families be a problem, JT?

1. you can't start to teach the kids early enough what's good looking...

2. in Pattaya, they would actually not see anything more than what is walking around on the beach road anyway...

3. would attract more daddy's with families...

but be honest, JT... you would not mind an outdoor seating if it would be a hooters BOYZ edition... tongue.png

... and anyway... an optimal Hooters for Pattaya would be three-fold... from left to right boys - ladyboys - ladies... customers who are undecided can start in the middle and then either stay, move right or left depending on how they liked the middle... whistling.gif

... and the owner could move variably move the "boarders" between the three sections depending on request and time of day / night.. thumbsup.gif