Bus ride from Hell

4u2mad

Never had a problem in the past 24 years on a bus. Maybe I count myself lucky but some Thais told me my stomach is already like a local.

<removed>

Mobile, you come onto a public forumn and out the guy. Name restuarant, location then continue to bag him about visa. That is as low as you can get. Why not just ring immigration and dob him in? You are doing the same thing here. You a volunteer immigration officer? I think best you keep your nose out of others business and not come here to use as a dobbing forumn. I bet you are not sqeaky clean when it comes to all issues related to Thailand. Hope no one watches you too closely and then does the same to you. Live in glass house then do not throw stones. Pull your head in and think before posting.

• Like 2

OP, I've travelled many times with NCA in the past and I never had any misfortunes.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and your wife, but you should file a complaint with NCA.

I do think they take matters seriously and may be they can control or change their sandwich supplier, so no other person suffers the same.

Sorry for the editing OP, but I just thought of it.

Did you notice the other 30 or 40 passengers on the bus using the toilet as you and your wife?

If not, could it be something you ate earlier, before you go on the bus?

If the wife got sick, then many others must have been sick as well. Interesting point...was that the case?

A number of "flame" posts removed.

Seriously, the post from that user needed criticizing. The posts you removed were not abusive, merely derisive and indicative of most reader's low opinion of the poster.

At least you edited (removed) the inflammatory content from mobilecontent's post but the level of censorship on this forum is getting ridiculous.

One step further and you'll be invoking your own lesse-TVF laws.

It's a public forum. We already have to suffer from repressive censorship in Thailand's press, why so draconian in a predominantly ex-pat forum?

If my comments were so outrageous (no swearing, nothing you wouldn't hear in a preschool playground) how come I git three likes for them in such a short space of time?

I think some of you moderators are getting carried away with the sense of power you feel when your fingers hover over the big red censor button! smile.png

Maybe a slightly lighter touch?

Remove this post and you may as well remove my account.

• Like 2

Possibly bad ice in drinks they shared earlier. More common than bad food IMHO.

Why do you think bad ice is more common than bad food?
Because most people immediately reckon it is something they ate. Then when they think back, usually nobody else got sick. If they didn't drink bottled water and most street side and market food sellers DO NOT use bottled water, then chances are the ice that was used in their choice of drink was contaminated.

Seriously, the post from that user needed criticizing. The posts you removed were not abusive, merely derisive and indicative of most reader's low opinion of the poster.

At least you edited (removed) the inflammatory content from mobilecontent's post but the level of censorship on this forum is getting ridiculous.

It's a public forum. We already have to suffer from repressive censorship in Thailand's press, why so draconian in a predominantly ex-pat forum?

If my comments were so outrageous (no swearing, nothing you wouldn't hear in a preschool playground) how come I git three likes for them in such a short space of time?

I think some of you moderators are getting carried away with the sense of power you feel when your fingers hover over the big red censor button! smile.png

....and it's goodnight from him.

It occurred to me every time I ate any Thai concoction so I eat primarily canned goods from the US or cook my own pasta/soup etc.

Seriously? You sure do deny yourself a lot of culinary pleasures. Only had a bad reaction once in many years and that was from eating a meal at a tourist restaurant near the Malaysia hotel.

OP, I've travelled many times with NCA in the past and I never had any misfortunes.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and your wife, but you should file a complaint with NCA.

I do think they take matters seriously and may be they can control or change their sandwich supplier, so no other person suffers the same.

Did you notice the other 30 or 40 passengers on the bus using the toilet as you and your wife?

If the wife got sick, then many others must have been sick as well. Interesting point...was that the case?

Why? I would say chances are that something they ate beforehand caused the sickness. And since the toilet was available at all times it really looks like it was not the busfood causing the problems..

....and it's goodnight from him.

cheesy.gifclap2.gifwai.gif I'm guessing so, but not just yet!!!!!

Edited by saminoz

If the meals were prepacked it is possible that only a couple were bad.

I agree, it's not uncommon for something to be off in 1 or 2 prepacked meals amongst a whole bunch of others. This can happen on a bus or a plane. High odds that both and his wife got the bad meals but not impossible.

Airfares are so cheap these days, and it takes less than an hour, why waste your time and endure the hassle taking the bus?

I have taken the bus from Pattaya to Kon kaen. A bit over 6 hours with one stop in the middle. I thought it was fine with some decent sight seeing out the window. Catch a nap along the way. Can't beat the price. Bus goes to the big bus station. Easy motorbike ride around town, the big mall, etc.

Y travel with NCA every month from Pattaya to Phayao or vice versa.

The first times y also eat this cheap Thai Food,until y had small Problems with stomach...since then y take some Sandwiches with me, but try not eat to much for not Need go Toilet.

The Sandwiches from NCA in the morning are to sweet for me,y dont like this sweet mayonnaise,but y bring them home for my wife who like them.They are always fresh and no Problem to eat them after 2-3 days.

Why? I would say chances are that something they ate beforehand caused the sickness. And since the toilet was available at all times it really looks like it was not the busfood causing the problems..

Guys, please read the OP again. I was the only westerner on the bus. Wife was not sick until 12hrs later. She is Thai like the other passengers. I am 100% sure it was the bus food. We ate totaly different things all that day. The ONLY thing we ate in common was that meal. I stated that the sausage tasted rancid, I am sure it was

Guys, please read the OP again. I was the only westerner on the bus. Wife was not sick until 12hrs later. She is Thai like the other passengers. I am 100% sure it was the bus food. We ate totaly different things all that day. The ONLY thing we ate in common was that meal. I stated that the sausage tasted rancid, I am sure it was

I read the OP, and from that OP and your later comments I do not agree with your conclusions. And especially since you mention: 'wife was not sick till 12 hours later and nobody else on the bus got sick' it is very, very likely it was not the food you're blaming for it that caused it.

recommend to fly. Safer, quicker and about the same price or a little bit more expensive. Flew with Nokair to KK and back for 660 one way earlier this month.

For me not living near an airport and when the seats on the bus are equally as comfortable and in fact in some cases even provide much more legroom than on aircraft plus such benefits as

1. no cost and time taken getting to the airport

2. avoiding the hassle and time standing in the check-in queue

3. avoiding waiting one or two hours sitting around to board (i.e being able to turn up just 10 minutes before the bus departssmile.png )

4. avoiding the time taken during the boarding procedure

5. not having to worry about any baggage weight allowance and not having to worry about whether I’m carrying liquids are any other " prohibited articles "bah.gif

6. avoiding the time taken disembarkingsaai.gif

7.avoiding the wasted time standing around waiting to collect one’s baggage

8.avoiding the anxiety of wondering whether your bag was put on the aircraft properly and that it is actually going to turn up on the luggage belt at your destination

9. avoiding the cost and time taken getting from the airport

blink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I read the OP, and from that OP and your later comments I do not agree with your conclusions. And especially since you mention: 'wife was not sick till 12 hours later and nobody else on the bus got sick' it is very, very likely it was not the food you're blaming for it that caused it.

I don't know who else on the bus got sick later on. I was only travelling with my wife. If something tastes 'off' I spit it out, wife ate the whole thing. I have previously eaten, years ago, at Lek hotel buffet. Tasted OK to me, my cousin thought the beer was 'off'. He was vomiting 2hrs later, with me 10hrs later. Please explain

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't know who else on the bus got sick later on. I was only travelling with my wife. If something tastes 'off' I spit it out, wife ate the whole thing. I have previously eaten, years ago, at Lek hotel buffet. Tasted OK to me, my cousin thought the beer was 'off'. He was vomiting 2hrs later, with me 10hrs later. Please explain

You want me to give you stories about people eating the same food and (nearly) all getting sick?

You want me to give you stories about people eating the same food and (nearly) all getting sick?

No, explain why there should be an 8hour difference