Looking at lower priced condos.....where to avoid?

bangmai

I know it is a huge city, but I would appreciate any opinions on lesser known areas, that offer more affordable condos than the BTS or MRT spots. Found some in Prawet and Din Daeng...Where are the bonafide slums, if any? Where would the best place to invest near a future MRT be?

Thanks for your assistance!

If you take the BTS to Bang Wa and then a cab to the Bang Khe mall you will see the BTS being built out slowly but surely. Also if you head up into Lak Si same thing....plenty of opportunity in both places I think.

As far as Din Daeng I thing the area is well served by current BTS/MRT stops so not much new being built there as far as I know. Prawet will grow because of Suvarnabhumi nearby...so maybe that is a good option longer term.

Srinakarin road area was good for me, lived a stone's throw from Hua Mak airport link.Rama IX, and 7 for the car. Secon Mall. BangKapi Mall nearby. If you're into golf, KrungThep Kreetha, and Arica Grande golf clubs only 10 minutes.

Why i left there was only because they ripped out all the bridges down through there, was a nightmare then, but they are all finished now, that was 2 years ago....but now i am happy i left Bkk behind me. Still like to venture down there now and again, same i like to visit Pattaya for 4 or 5 days, but not live in Bkk again...too much traffic for my liking.

avoid the khlong toey slum by the river. real close to queen sirikit bts and khlong toey bts stops.

there are many wood type shacks down there by stinking standing type water. not a great place to live. saw rats walking on the fruits for sale when i went to the khlong toey market down there. always wash your fruits and veges when you get them home and get kinds that are peeled, not raw skinned.

the rat was huge and just glared at me. the fruit vendor did not do anything just sat there. probably not worth getting a rabies shot over.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on lower Sukhumvit about 4 years ago. It used to be fun. I'm looking at under 500K...for studio. Rail Link or MRT would be fine.

For that amount you should be able to afford anywhere in Sathorn...probably a condo 2-3 bedder.. We are talking 500k usd?

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64

I gave up on lower Sukhumvit about 4 years ago. It used to be fun. I'm looking at under 500K...for studio. Rail Link or MRT would be fine.

For that amount you should be able to afford anywhere in Sathorn...probably a condo 2-3 bedder.. We are talking 500k usd?

Sent from my c64

No he's talking 500k around 15k usd

• 3 weeks later...

Your best bet is to look at where new links are going to be and buy close to there.

Huamak you could have just about squeezed it not so long ago but no chance now.

Around Bangkapi maybe.

Your best bet is to look at where new links are going to be and buy close to there.

Around Bangkapi maybe.

He wont get any new builds in Bang Kapi for less than 1 million baht.

Best he heads to On Nut and looks at 10 year old condos in the side sois, still available for about 400k.

Around Bangkapi maybe.

I agree, and I've seen mass transit systems boosts prices in many markets. I just found this one on Lat

Prabang. http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property/condo-in-lat-krabang-bangkok-2005631