Man dies after getting shot in chest, elbow and groin

Lite Beer

Eakkapop Thongtub

1429949616_1.jpg

PATONG: A 74-year-old Thai man was killed Friday afternoon (April 24) following a dispute over a road being built onto his land in Kalim beach.

Eed Chaisit, also known as Bung Eed, a Patong resident and owner of a piece of land in Kalim Beach, died as doctors at Patong Hospital attempted to save his life. Bung Eed died as a result of three gun shot wounds - in the chest, right elbow and near the genitals.

Police went to the scene of the dispute, in Kalim Beach, and found no gun cartridges in the immediate area, though they believe the shooter used a .38 mm pistol and that Bung Eed was shot as he rode his motorcycle towards Baan Kok Makham.

So far, Police have learned that Bung Eed had gotten into a dispute with several people about a road that would possibly be built onto his land in Kalim Beach.The police are calling litigants about the dispute. The investigation is on-going.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/man-dies-after-getting-shot-in-chest-elbow-and-groin-52023.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-25

Sounds like a likely outcome to me. I was hoping for something more newsworthy though...Like he transformed into a giant tadpole after her he died.

blink.png

• Like 1

cannot see the unmasked coppa's finger pointing for the camera, but the nurse is giving her best shot at it.

Is he there for belated protection? or just to donate ....... bacteria

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1

cannot see the unmasked cop's finger pointing for the camera, but the nurse is giving her best shot at it.

Is he there for belated protection? or just to donate ....... bacteria

What hospital is this so I can be sure to not go there? They should immediately fire all the attending nurses/doctors that are unmasked. Someone should have kicked that cop's butt outside. He has no reason to be in there, except for the photo-op. And why is a photographer allowed in there to take a photo like this? None of these situations should be tolerated in any reputable ER!

• Like 2

Odd that such small calibre bullets could cause death. Must have hit vital organs.

I don't think that it can be generally considered a small caliber bullet.The .38 Special was the standard service cartridge of most police departments in the United States from the 1920s to the early 1990s.

I think you missed the "point". It's not 0.38 mm.

Odd that such small calibre bullets could cause death. Must have hit vital organs.

I don't think that it can be generally considered a small caliber bullet.The .38 Special was the standard service cartridge of most police departments in the United States from the 1920s to the early 1990s.

The .38 "special" is actually 0.357 inches diameter which is 9.1 mm. Definitely not small caliber.

• Like 2

If a .38 bullet is about 9.1mm then a 38mm bullet would be like a small cannon round.

A lot of ingenuity must have gone into fitting it on the back a a Honda wave...

post-195835-14299905589999_thumb.jpg

If a .38 bullet is about 9.1mm then a 38mm bullet would be like a small cannon round.

A lot of ingenuity must have gone into fitting it on the back a a Honda wave...

I don't know if you're trying to be funny or if you really have not understood what has been written..

The article says that the bullet was from .38mm weapon which is, of course, a mistake. The bullet came from a weapon of .38inch calibre.

It seems that PETERTHEEATER then either tried to be funny or also made a mistake in taking the stated dimension of .38mm to be correct.

NeilSA1 knew what the mistake was and stated that .38 (although he didn't specify inch) was not a small calibre for a handgun, as did whaleboneman who knew it was not .38mm.

What is commonly known as a .38 bullet (nobody says inch) is indeed about 9.1mm (as pointed out by Canuck50). A 38mm calibre projectile would certainly be like a small cannon round, like one for the 37mm anti-aircraft gun in your photo. But nowhere in all the text preceeding your post is there any mention of 38mm. All the other numbers have a decimal point in front of them.

Oh, I nearly forgot, a 74 year old man was murdered because he wouldn't give up his land to a bunch of thugs.

Edited by Enoon

A 74-year-old Thai man

Obviously a couple of tough-guys.

Buddhist country they told me, peaceful Buddhist people they told me.

The victim was from the religion of peace, Islam, as he was coming back from mid day prayers..................................

As others pointed out I was appalled at the number of unmasked people and the police and obviously a photographer inside the treatment bay. Wondered where ER Dr was. The men in the white uniforms look like orderlies or interns at best.

Also noticed the first nurse in the foreground wearing dangling "dustcatchers" on her cap. Imagine she's treating someone with open wounds and piece of dust, hair etc falls from this metal into the wound.

I was glad to see they are wearing gloves. Just had a blood test last week for work permit renewal and had to ask the Dr to please put on gloves before putting the needle in. Then in separate incident had a dressing change for bad burn changed at hospital and again had to ask them to put on gloves.