You tube blocked since yesterday?

Sandman77

Google pulls plug on YouTube for older iPads, iPhones, smart TVs

Some aging smart TVs, Blu-Ray players, iPhones and iPads are headed for early dotage, thanks to a decision by Google to shut down the older version of its YouTube API.

According to a revised product support page, the YouTube apps built into certain devices manufactured in 2012 or earlier will soon stop functioning, beginning this week. The cutoff will apparently happen regardless of whether the manufacturers advertised their devices as supporting YouTube at the time customers bought them.

More here - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/21/youtube_cuts_off_old_smart_tvs/

Thx for this article it's old iOS 5 installed not sure my wife can upgrade by telephone instruction proberbly not I send here a 2 ipad better no company force me to change the os

Means a ipad 2 with iOS 7 also work can someone test this? I not have ipad 2 but for only look you tube it should be enough!

Google is turning evil......maybe not that bad , but they do not have a Windows 8 mobile app for smart phones to use YouTube , and now this to pisz on Apple.

If I was one of Googles YouTube buyers I would not be happy to have my customer base cut because Google is mad at Microsoft + Apple

And I cannot get YouTube to work on my Nexus 7 today either........

Ohh well need to get the video tapes out I guess :)

Google is turning evil......maybe not that bad , but they do not have a Windows 8 mobile app for smart phones to use YouTube , and now this to pisz on Apple.

If I was one of Googles YouTube buyers I would not be happy to have my customer base cut because Google is mad at Microsoft + Apple

And I cannot get YouTube to work on my Nexus 7 today either........

Ohh well need to get the video tapes out I guess smile.png

Works perfectly well on my £49 Xgody Smartphone !!

I also was unable to load YouTube videos several days ago..maybe April 24, 25....just wouldn't load on either of my 2 laptops, using both Chrome and Firefox. Did play on my Android phone but only on mobile data, not my domestic wifi. TRUE ONLINE ADSL Bangkok, Phra Khanong area.

No problems running You Tube since.

It ain't blocked, but, since more than a week, Youtube videos are just pretty tough to load during prime time ours in the evening. Such a frustrating experience to wait so long for any videos to load, as if the International gateways are seriously jammed with these obviously outdated Thai Gateways....

welcome to Thailand, you gotta live with this..... (whether True, TOT or 3BB, all services suck.....)

Edited by MaxLee

• 2 weeks later...

Friend Of my wife install here know a seperate you tube player app I don't know the name now she can also playback YouTube video again on old iOS 5 without force to updating!

Never change a runing system lol