Thai man found floating in Phuket canal

webfact

Thai man found floating in Phuket canal
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- The body of a Thai man was found floating in a canal in Kamala Park near Kamala Beach yesterday morning. Police said that the man was reported missing on Tuesday (April 28).

At 6:30am yesterday, Kamala police were called to Kamala Park where the body of a man had been found floating in a canal.

Police arrived at the scene with Dr. Pattamart Reinpetch of Patong hospital and Kusoldharm rescue workers to find a group of residents gathered by the side of the canal.

The body of the man, named as Wirat Pinasa, 41, from the northeastern province of Bung Kan was floating face down in the canal.

Rescue workers retrieved the body and after inspecting it police stated that there appeared to be no sign of foul play or assault.

Mr Wirat̕s wife told police, “Wirat went fishing at the canal on Tuesday. When he failed to come home I went out looking for him. I found his slippers and saleng near the canal.

“Police, rescue workers and divers had searched the canal for him on Tuesday but could not find him.”

Police believe that Mr Wirat had either fainted or was drunk and passed out causing him to fall into the canal.

Mr Wirat̕s body body was taken to Patong Hospital for autopsy.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/thai-man-found-floating-in-phuket-canal-52104.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-30

RIP.

Was black water and the "Provincial Environment Office Effective Micro-organisms" in this canal a reason that he fainted?

I would not be surprised. Also eating this klong fishes nowadays can't be healthy. Sad but the times for fishing directly around the house are gone.