Light does not travel faster than sound in Thailand. Apparently.

I very much doubt that.......

This is from my step-daughter's 10th grade math workbook.

attachicon.gif11198954_1839543859604354_1068523029_n.jpgattachicon.gif11195382_1839543886271018_2071895868_n.jpg

If you or anyone out there believes they can solve equations like this, I've got plenty of unsolved equations here I can send in order for you to prove it.

Not saying no one can, but I doubt I will be flooded with requests.

thumbsup.gif

Don't shatter their egos.

No wonder hocus pocus is big money down here..

You could almost go around saying that you have tomorrow's lottery winning numbers in your pocket, and will sell them for 50b each.

The queue would be a mile long. biggrin.png

If you that smart make a buck outta it...I mean if you have the appropriate work permit for lottery numbers foreseeing....

I very much doubt that.......

This is from my step-daughter's 10th grade math workbook.

attachicon.gif11198954_1839543859604354_1068523029_n.jpgattachicon.gif11195382_1839543886271018_2071895868_n.jpg

If you or anyone out there believes they can solve equations like this, I've got plenty of unsolved equations here I can send in order for you to prove it.

Not saying no one can, but I doubt I will be flooded with requests.

Matrices. Learnt that when I was thirteen, as did most UK kids of my generation.

Looks complicated, but, it isn't.

I remember talking to a girl many years ago, I commented on the Moon, she asked "Whats the Moon like in your Country, do you have same ?" w00t.gif

I had the same thing but with the Sun.

She was convinced that the one in the UK was not the same, as it didn't appear at the same time, and it wasn't as hot.

Was on my condo’s balcony with a Thai university graduate.

There was a large thunderstorm.

I said that you can roughly tell the distance of the lightning strike by counting the time between seeing the strike and hearing the thunder.

Because light travels faster than sound. You see the lightning first, and then because sound travels slower, you hear the thunder. You can count between them to estimate the distance of where the lightning struck.

No this was wrong, I was told.

I proffered that it wasn’t, and that it really is a scientific fact.

No, it isn’t, I was told. Light not travel faster than sound.

Okay, I was a bit silent at this, and not really sure where to go in the conversation, when she happily took control of it.

First you hear the plane, then see it.

Erm... what?

First you hear the plane in the sky.... then you look up and you see it.

First you hear, then you see.

Long silence.

Thank you for teaching me.

Welcome, ka.

My favourite post of the week.

My Thai gf is asking me why I'm laughing so much :)

Thank you for sharing.

• 2 months later...

No wonder hocus pocus is big money down here..

You could almost go around saying that you have tomorrow's lottery winning numbers in your pocket, and will sell them for 50b each.

The queue would be a mile long. biggrin.png

If you that smart make a buck outta it...I mean if you have the appropriate work permit for lottery numbers foreseeing....

Where is this guy????? I'd buy them all ......look at the money I'd save ....... that's 30 baht earned on each ticket below the retail whistling.giftongue.png price ?????

Bhaahaa ha ha! Basic scientific fact learned in (West) elementary school. The ignorance here blows me away sometimes, and corresponding Thai arguments against logic or undisputed fact! 555

Edited by jerojero

Another damning indictment of the quality of education in this country.

But what amuses me the most is the the lengths farangs on this very website go to, to give the educational pedigee's their teeraks have but the general concensus is a thai degree is not worth a shit so who are they trying to impress ?

Another damning indictment of the quality of education in this country.

But what amuses me the most is the the lengths farangs on this very website go to, to give the educational pedigee's their teeraks have but the general concensus is a thai degree is not worth a shit so who are they trying to impress ?

Themselves? whistling.gif