Mysterious fires seem to fear security cameras

Phatthalung: - The family that claims more than 200 mysterious fires erupted in their house during the past month no longer attract the attention from relatives and neighbors. The family, instead, catches police attention.

Thairath reported on Friday that no locals showed up to help the family watch over the possibility of mysterious fires anymore after the series of fires at the house suddenly stop under the close surveillance of security cameras installed by a university team.

“We have installed 11 security cameras and have had about 20 team members monitor what have been happening around the house,” Dr Pluang Suwanmanee from the Thaksin University told Thairath, “We have been here for more than 30 hours now and no fire happens during the period”.

Before this, house owner Lom Sakwan, his son and daughter-in-law have told others that mysterious fires often broke out at home but they had managed to extinguish them fast because his toddler granddaughter alerted them.

Recordings from a TV crew team, however, suggest that at least one fire might have not just accidentally or mysteriously happened.

Tamot Police Station’s superintendent Colonel Kriangsak Wannaboon said police had already interrogated Lom, his son and his daughter-in-law.

“They deny any wrongdoing,” Kriangsak said.

The superintendent says while the recordings raised doubt about Lom’s daughter-in-law, solid evidence must be gathered before any charge could be pressed.

If convicted of setting fires deliberately in the house, she is liable to a jail term of between six months and seven years.

Ah, yes. Those evil fire starting ghosts are so afraid of the cameras, or the person setting the fires. Which do I think it is, a human or a ghost....... I'll have to get back on that while I consider this problem very carefully laugh.png