Alleged girlfriend-beating Frenchman deported for overstay

Rimmer

I think it's 10, but in his case, it should be lifetime.

There's no 10 year ban, those proposals were never approved, for any amount of overstay you can just turn around and re-enter Thailand (a Thaivisa poster did it with 11 years overstay).

Not that I'm defending this particular individual.

He was deported so he can be excluded from re-entry for life.

Voluntarily handing yourself in for an overstay doesn't include deportation so you're free to re-enter.

You can re-enter after deportation, many have done so.

No one gets blacklisted purely for that, they'd have to be considered undesirable for real criminal reasons (may apply to this guy if the alleged domestic violence is true).

Edited by jspill

He must have had a lot of savings or been wealthy to stay here for 2 years without legally working Perhaps the police should have looked into that before booting him out

Don't you dare to look under the carpet you may find something that shouldn't exist.

How I wish this scumbag was caught overstaying in Singapore instead so the authority there would reward him with another free 6 month's stay and a 3-stripe imprint on his ass!

Au revoir

Adieu is better ! " au revoir " means that you hope to see him again

Might hold a french passport, but no more frenchman than I am...

right

Edited by Aforek

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So if this POS hadn't had a warrant out for his arrest, then he'd still be in Thailand being a worthless POS. Meanwhile decent foreigners report every 90 days and get harassed to the tune of 2000 baht if they are a little late. Why should I put my trust in the Thai government and immigration for keeping tabs on where I work and live when nothing happens for TWO YEARS with this dingle-berry? Good riddance to bad trash.

But you dont get deported do you? He is

• Like 1

we don't want his type in Thailand send all wife beaters with their string vests and piss stained trunks / shorts back home and see how they get on in their home countries beating up woman probably a little jail time.

You have such a way with words cheesy.gif

...so easy to !@#$%^&* foreigners......how much did she get out of him....and what caused her to 'turn him in' now....

...like my wife said to me a long time ago....'Sam...I promise you....they will always believe me....never you'.....

...meanwhile a mass grave of illegal workers was found....wonder if any local will be held accounable.....

I do not think its only Thailand.

Pretty much everywhere else in the world, when it comes to claims for abuse, police always believe the woman.

In Australia, it is actually a common scam by Filipino mail brides.

They stay together for 6 or so months, then go to police and file a complaint for physical and mental abuse.

Guy gets charged, with restraining order, she immediately gets help both financial and moral from some group.

In some cases, guy gets kicked out from his own home and she gets to stay there, and this can go on for 2-5 years until court clears the guy, by that time she gets perm residency and a nice chunk of guys wealth

Rubbish.Whats yours is yours before marriage,so if your smart,you start divorce precedings after 6 months and wife gets little.If your smart.Most Philapinas play the long game,plenty of support from local"mafia".

we don't want his type in Thailand send all wife beaters with their string vests and piss stained trunks / shorts back home and see how they get on in their home countries beating up woman probably a little jail time.

You have such a way with words cheesy.gif

Wife/gf beating is a very low priorty in Th.,sadly.

There's no 10 year ban, those proposals were never approved, for any amount of overstay you can just turn around and re-enter Thailand (a Thaivisa poster did it with 11 years overstay).

Not that I'm defending this particular individual.

He was deported so he can be excluded from re-entry for life.

Voluntarily handing yourself in for an overstay doesn't include deportation so you're free to re-enter.

You can re-enter after deportation, many have done so.

No one gets blacklisted purely for that, they'd have to be considered undesirable for real criminal reasons (may apply to this guy if the alleged domestic violence is true).

Thats why I said "can be excluded".

The reason for deportation is irrelevant. Because he has been deported he can be stopped from entering in the future under Section 12 (11.) of the immigration act.

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the Kingdom :

11. Being deported by either the Government of Thailand .......

i.e. This Frenchman is excluded from entering the Kingdom because he falls into the category of previously being deported.

He could appeal under Section 22, but given the circumstances leading to his arrest I doubt very much if he'd be successful.

Overstaying isn't a reason for exclusion which is why people successfully re-enter. But being deported for overstaying is different because deportation regardless of the reason is reason enough for future exclusion.

Should have tossed him into the monkey house for a month or two of fun. Deporting him is equal to a get out of jail free card.... Leaves 170 countries or so he could then go to and do some more damage...

Note to self: never ever fall in the trap of getting a "love you long time" Thai gf. One wrong move and she could get you deported! Pay as you go and stay in Thailand happy with no hassle.

Note to you: never explain physical abuse away with demeaning, racist remarks.

physical abuse?

If a woman says so it does not mean it has happened.

It is a strong weapon in every woman's hand and it is easy to misuse

For me it is "alleged physical abuse" until it's proven

French man????????? Medhi Karim Draoui,

Oh, they're definitely French. Probably born and raised there. They just have a mixed Arab and French culture and a completely different set of morals and values than the native Gauls.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

so if ive ever had enough of life out here, shall i overstay a couple of weeks, give the wife a slap and get a free ride home?

No, you have to pay for your own deportation. You will live in the Immigration Detention Centre until you do.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

...so easy to !@#$%^&* foreigners......how much did she get out of him....and what caused her to 'turn him in' now....

...like my wife said to me a long time ago....'Sam...I promise you....they will always believe me....never you'.....

...meanwhile a mass grave of illegal workers was found....wonder if any local will be held accounable.....

I do not think its only Thailand.

Pretty much everywhere else in the world, when it comes to claims for abuse, police always believe the woman.

In Australia, it is actually a common scam by Filipino mail brides.

They stay together for 6 or so months, then go to police and file a complaint for physical and mental abuse.

Guy gets charged, with restraining order, she immediately gets help both financial and moral from some group.

In some cases, guy gets kicked out from his own home and she gets to stay there, and this can go on for 2-5 years until court clears the guy, by that time she gets perm residency and a nice chunk of guys wealth

Interesting comment there is a good free read on the net at the moment. The Predatory Woman. Not confined to Thailand but the whole world. It is funny and interesting. Food for thought. Of course some of us idealists chase the partnership dream, but it is good to be aware.

I am French this man little dealer came in Thailande because police after him hope they wait for him at the plane when they send him back.for money he has no problems friends send him western union every week

That's one down one million more to go. The majority of the foreign weasels and criminals are in Pattaya, Koh Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and other tourist hang outs. The majority very questionable Euros. Wish the Thia government would give a reward for every one that got turned in.

• Like 1

Don't any people of "French" nationality have what I would call traditional French names? Pierre, Gregoir, Degaul, etc. Every one that makes the news in Thailand seems to be of middle eastern origin. Just a crude observation.

• Like 1

I am French this man little dealer came in Thailande because police after him hope they wait for him at the plane when they send him back.for money he has no problems friends send him western union every week

One wonders how he earns money or pays his bills for two years in Thailand.