Alleged girlfriend-beating Frenchman deported for overstay

Rimmer

I am French this man little dealer came in Thailande because police after him hope they wait for him at the plane when they send him back.for money he has no problems friends send him western union every week

One wonders how he earns money or pays his bills for two years in Thailand.

He is a ''Dealer''... says it all... small fry .. but one less for sure..

...so easy to !@#$%^&* foreigners......how much did she get out of him....and what caused her to 'turn him in' now....

...like my wife said to me a long time ago....'Sam...I promise you....they will always believe me....never you'.....

...meanwhile a mass grave of illegal workers was found....wonder if any local will be held accounable.....

I do not think its only Thailand.

Pretty much everywhere else in the world, when it comes to claims for abuse, police always believe the woman.

In Australia, it is actually a common scam by Filipino mail brides.

They stay together for 6 or so months, then go to police and file a complaint for physical and mental abuse.

Guy gets charged, with restraining order, she immediately gets help both financial and moral from some group.

In some cases, guy gets kicked out from his own home and she gets to stay there, and this can go on for 2-5 years until court clears the guy, by that time she gets perm residency and a nice chunk of guys wealth

Interesting comment there is a good free read on the net at the moment. The Predatory Woman. Not confined to Thailand but the whole world. It is funny and interesting. Food for thought. Of course some of us idealists chase the partnership dream, but it is good to be aware.

Yeap, 'was just wondering myself. Having been accused of wifebeating and then being deported, it might be interesting to know what property he leaves behind in Thailand, if any, to be taken possession of ...

He must have had a lot of savings or been wealthy to stay here for 2 years without legally working Perhaps the police should have looked into that before booting him out

What planet are you from? This is Thailand. You don't need to be rich nor have a lot of savings to stay here for two years. You must be thinking of Singapore.

• Like 1

Hi,

Yes we still are some french with french names.. Our problem is the policy of our governments for decades.. and till date nothing is done or changes....

If this guy had some government money, it would be around 450 euros per month ... normally, there are controls, but maybe one cousin appearing for controls stating he is the guy.. and most people in social services are 100% in favor of those guys.. (if you are not, then you definitely are a racist..)

Surely if he had enough money to be here for 2 years, he has a certain type of income, I don't think officials nor legal ones..bah.gif

I wonder why they didn't look into his ways of "surviving" before deporting him..

Have a good week end

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He must have had a lot of savings or been wealthy to stay here for 2 years without legally working Perhaps the police should have looked into that before booting him out

Not really, there are rooms and studio like drawling you can rent for few thousand baht a month, use public

transportation or a cheap to run bike and eat noodle soups and khao pat and you can live here in Thailand

on a fume of a smelly rag.... and this is why all those crappy type people flock to these shores by their millions...

Let's say 90 percent of thai people live this way eating cheap thai food and sleep in cheap rooms. So they are also "crappy type people" in your opinion?

think you will find he is talking about farangs coffee1.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

...so easy to !@#$%^&* foreigners......how much did she get out of him....and what caused her to 'turn him in' now....

...like my wife said to me a long time ago....'Sam...I promise you....they will always believe me....never you'.....

...meanwhile a mass grave of illegal workers was found....wonder if any local will be held accounable.....

I do not think its only Thailand.

Pretty much everywhere else in the world, when it comes to claims for abuse, police always believe the woman.

In Australia, it is actually a common scam by Filipino mail brides.

They stay together for 6 or so months, then go to police and file a complaint for physical and mental abuse.

Guy gets charged, with restraining order, she immediately gets help both financial and moral from some group.

In some cases, guy gets kicked out from his own home and she gets to stay there, and this can go on for 2-5 years until court clears the guy, by that time she gets perm residency and a nice chunk of guys wealth

Rubbish.Whats yours is yours before marriage,so if your smart,you start divorce precedings after 6 months and wife gets little.If your smart.Most Philapinas play the long game,plenty of support from local"mafia".

if your really smart you don't get married and stay single cheesy.gif

You can re-enter after deportation, many have done so.

No one gets blacklisted purely for that, they'd have to be considered undesirable for real criminal reasons (may apply to this guy if the alleged domestic violence is true).

Thats why I said "can be excluded".

The reason for deportation is irrelevant. Because he has been deported he can be stopped from entering in the future under Section 12 (11.) of the immigration act.

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the Kingdom :

11. Being deported by either the Government of Thailand .......

i.e. This Frenchman is excluded from entering the Kingdom because he falls into the category of previously being deported.

He could appeal under Section 22, but given the circumstances leading to his arrest I doubt very much if he'd be successful.

Overstaying isn't a reason for exclusion which is why people successfully re-enter. But being deported for overstaying is different because deportation regardless of the reason is reason enough for future exclusion.

Still, in practice being deported on overstay alone doesn't result in blacklisting. Plenty of threads from posters who got deported on overstay and are now back in Thailand. Two such examples:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774560-how-does-a-png-blacklist-stamp-look-like-blacklisted-or-not/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780211-my-experience-at-idc-for-overstaying/

No reports of exclusion purely for overstay related deportation yet.

Bloody Maghrebi Arabs giving the Gallic French a bad name..............yet, again.

Yes because there never was a fullblood Dutch, English, American, German, French who overstayed and beat his GF.

Why is it that people view their country as having no criminals and all its inhabitants angels once they move over here but when they stay in their country they have locks on the doors and consider taking weapons with them for safety.

Maybe people forget about their past once they move to Thailand.

• Like 1

Bloody Maghrebi Arabs giving the Gallic French a bad name..............yet, again.

Yes because there never was a fullblood Dutch, English, American, German, French who overstayed and beat his GF.

Why is it that people view their country as having no criminals and all its inhabitants angels once they move over here but when they stay in their country they have locks on the doors and consider taking weapons with them for safety.

I agree with you, but whenever any crime is perpetrated in Thailand, from overstay, to card-skimming to burglary, if the English language press here mention that the perpetrator is French, they all turn out to be ethnic Maghreb Arabs.

I agree with you, but whenever any crime is perpetrated in Thailand, from overstay, to card-skimming to burglary, if the English language press here mention that the perpetrator is French, they all turn out to be ethnic Maghreb Arabs.

I don't disagree with that .. but there are plenty of criminal French too just get tired at times of people thinking that white foreigners can't be criminals.

• Like 1

Would u do same if all the money and attention you gave your gf then realizing she's been playing you all along with a number of bf's?

Why.. I mean guys should know that their wallet could not buy a girl. If your not desirable and she is.. your wallet is the only thing that keeps her with you.

Guys should understand that and if they don't they are just stupid.

Violence if for low class people.

Not really, there are rooms and studio like drawling you can rent for few thousand baht a month, use public

transportation or a cheap to run bike and eat noodle soups and khao pat and you can live here in Thailand

on a fume of a smelly rag.... and this is why all those crappy type people flock to these shores by their millions...

Let's say 90 percent of thai people live this way eating cheap thai food and sleep in cheap rooms. So they are also "crappy type people" in your opinion?

think you will find he is talking about farangs coffee1.gif

and?

So Thais can live that way but farangs cannot?

He's a French Arab. We don't know if the gf is telling the truth. He overstayed 2 years. Maybe he's a nice guy, maybe not, who are we to judge ?

Nice guy or not - he's an idiot for overstaying 2 years, and in my experience idiots are rarely nice guys!

• Like 1

No one gets blacklisted purely for that, they'd have to be considered undesirable for real criminal reasons (may apply to this guy if the alleged domestic violence is true).

The reason for deportation is irrelevant. Because he has been deported he can be stopped from entering in the future under Section 12 (11.) of the immigration act.

Section 12 : Aliens which fall into any of the following categories are excluded from entering into the Kingdom :

i.e. This Frenchman is excluded from entering the Kingdom because he falls into the category of previously being deported.

He could appeal under Section 22, but given the circumstances leading to his arrest I doubt very much if he'd be successful.

Overstaying isn't a reason for exclusion which is why people successfully re-enter. But being deported for overstaying is different because deportation regardless of the reason is reason enough for future exclusion.

Still, in practice being deported on overstay alone doesn't result in blacklisting. Plenty of threads from posters who got deported on overstay and are now back in Thailand. Two such examples:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/774560-how-does-a-png-blacklist-stamp-look-like-blacklisted-or-not/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/780211-my-experience-at-idc-for-overstaying/

I get your point, but you can't be sure that he hasn't been blacklisted. Just because immigration haven't, as far as we know and based on limited information, blacklisted some people deported due to overstay it doesn't mean this guy has been cut the same slack. The law says they/he can be. Thai immigration is renowned for its inconsistency in enforcing the rules and the law.

My original point was to point out that although the law doesn't allow for him to be excluded for his alleged ABH, or his overstay, it does allow for him to be excluded because of deportation, so if immigration want a reason to blacklist him, or exclude him in the future, they've got one. Therefore, he can be excluded for life, as wanted by Just1Voice, even though the overstay ban rules aren't yet enforceable.

I'm sure immigration decide on a case by case basis. Neither of the examples you gave involved alleged ABH, arrest warrants or their cases in the national press. I know overstay regardless of length isn't an issue, but taking everything in to account I would be really amazed if this guy hasn't been blacklisted.

Regardless of the blacklist anyone that has ever been deported stands the chance of exclusion at the border at anytime. It's the law.

Edited by elviajero

I get your point, but you can't be sure that he hasn't been blacklisted. Just because immigration haven't, as far as we know and based on limited information, blacklisted some people deported due to overstay it doesn't mean this guy has been cut the same slack. The law says they/he can be. Thai immigration is renowned for its inconsistency in enforcing the rules and the law.

My original point was to point out that although the law doesn't allow for him to be excluded for his alleged ABH, or his overstay, it does allow for him to be excluded because of deportation, so if immigration want a reason to blacklist him, or exclude him in the future, they've got one. Therefore, he can be excluded for life, as wanted by Just1Voice, even though the overstay ban rules aren't yet enforceable.

I'm sure immigration decide on a case by case basis. Neither of the examples you gave involved alleged ABH, arrest warrants or their cases in the national press. I know overstay regardless of length isn't an issue, but taking everything in to account I would be really amazed if this guy hasn't been blacklisted.

Regardless of the blacklist anyone that has ever been deported stands the chance of exclusion at the border at anytime. It's the law.

beatdeadhorse.gif "Could be" "If" "Because" "Or" "Can be" - Enough already!

Regardless of the blacklist anyone that has ever been deported stands the chance of exclusion at the border at anytime.

It's the law.

Edited by sambum

The people I originally replied to were saying he'd be blacklisted for overstay (because they mentioned a 10 year ban - the proposed blacklisting rules that never went into effect had 1, 3, 5 and 10 year bans.

That's the only reason I posted, I was ignoring his alleged ABH.

We are both right, just talking about different things.

This is a better link for whom is considered persona non grata (blacklisted from entry) http://www.thaivisa.com/392-0.html

That includes anyone a possible danger to the public, so he can certainly be refused entry for the ABH, if true. And yes for deportation, but most often that loose clause will be deportation for some more serious crime than overstay - no one gets blacklisted for that (no I can't be sure but these forums have been around years and there would be a lot more posts on that subject if it were the case, I'm sure a moderator can confirm).

That's one down one million more to go. The majority of the foreign weasels and criminals are in Pattaya, Koh Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and other tourist hang outs. The majority very questionable Euros. Wish the Thia government would give a reward for every one that got turned in.

"the majority "?

The police surely did not care much about the alleged girlfriend beating. Probably a he says / she says situation without proof either way.

The easy way to avoid lengthy proceedings was to deport him for his overstay. Fair enough.

Who knows what his reasons for overstay were. Without more detail we should refrain from judging.

Honestly, there are many French people of Arabic decent who are quite pleasant. Some are even world famous. Zinedine Yazid Zidane (Arabic: زين الدين زيدان اليزيد‎)....

I think this topic should not be used to discuss weather they are French or not.