Husband and mianoi commit suicide to upset wife

Thaivisa News

Screen-Shot-2558-05-04-at-9.45.33-AM.png

Mahasarakham: – A man and his mistress (mianoi) died and left a note saying they took their own lives out of spite for the man’s wife who tried to break off their relationship, police said.

Mahasarkham police station’s Lt Colonel Sompong Udomdet arrived at the scene after neighbours reported hearing gunshots inside the house on Thamwongsawat Road, Mahasakham Mueang district.

Sompong said that the man, Sarawut Pakawayang, 43, and the woman, KetkanokSomsri, 18, had died of gunshot wounds. The two lay side by side on the bed.

He also found 32 mm pistol dropped between the Sarawut’sleg. The gun had six of eight bullets left.

Forensic report said Ketkanok had one gunshot wound in the head and that Sarawut had his gunshot wound at the right side of the nape of the neck.

Based on the report, police assumed Ketkanok was the one who pulled the trigger.

Police said the two jointly wrote what purported to be their suicide note.

The note said in part, “Fon (Ketkanok’s nickname) wants to die. Even in my death, I would kill anyone for hurting me. We are deeply in love. Mother (addressing her five-month old baby girl) is mentally ill and I am obliged to raise you well. This is no kidding as I am mia not and don’t deserve to live any longer.”

In another note passage, Sarawut wrote, “I am deeply in love with Fon. We are in love of one another. I want ‘everyone’ to know this as we are going to die together.”

The preliminary police report said a few days before the tragic incident,Ketkanok went to see Sarawut at home as he failed to visit her as scheduled.

Sarawut’s wife allegedly attacked her physically and verbally in an attempt to end the relationship.

Yesterday Sarawut came to see Ketkanok at her home. Around 3.00 am neighbours heard two gunshots before alerting police.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need someone to confirm I have a proper understanding of the protocol here. If a western person commits suicide, we need to show empathy, compassion, and try to understand how society failed them. If a Thai commits suicide, then we must disparage, ridicule, and just generally abuse them? Is that an accurate summary of how each human life is valued?

RIP

Shakespeare reaches Thailand , but neither of these two have reached out to their two joint brain cells

I should think that Shakespeare would have loved the real life drama of the Thais... The Comedy of Errors could well have been written here.

Am I reading this correctly, a baby girl with a handicap is left for someone else to take care of ?

I'm confused over that as well...

Yeah same here.

I think the 18 year old has a kid and is telling the child she {the mother} is mentally ill and wants to die.

I guessing the sentiment of the original Thai in the note has been lost in translation.

Need someone to confirm I have a proper understanding of the protocol here. If a western person commits suicide, we need to show empathy, compassion, and try to understand how society failed them. If a Thai commits suicide, then we must disparage, ridicule, and just generally abuse them? Is that an accurate summary of how each human life is valued?

RIP

There is no complicated protocol here for posting on the suicides of either Westerners or Thais... We say what we feel. It's really that simple.

Am I reading this correctly, a baby girl with a handicap is left for someone else to take care of ?

I'm confused over that as well...

Yeah same here.

I think the 18 year old has a kid and is telling the child she {the mother} is mentally ill and wants to die.

I guessing the sentiment of the original Thai in the note has been lost in translation.

"lost in translation" I think you're right on that.

She very well could have a child whom she gave birth to at a very young age, and the child has birth defects, and is being raised by someone else. She became a mia noi to find a man who would help her support her child of parental exile. It worked for a while, but then the first wife checked the bank books... she wasn't concerned about the love affair; she only cared about the money going to the mia noi. The husband: driven to madness by the incessant, contentious nagging of his first wife realizes that he is only truly happy between the needy legs of another. (He thinks that this love is real) The young mia noi after a bout the the first wife realizes that she will no longer be getting funding (because the first wife has all of the passbooks to his bank accounts) and that she has not enough education or skills to support her offspring and pay the bills of her child of parental exile. "I want to die" she says, "I can't do anything right". He says, "Then we shall die together". Then he shot her in the head, and then shot himself rather than go back to his first wife. It's almost a happy ending, depending of course on your perspective.

Edited by Local Drunk

2 brain cells got together and came up with this cunning plan.

What will they do for an encore?

Ermmmm.... nothing...... they are dead.

Have you never watched a Thai soap or film. Piiiiiiiii! come back to haunt! (ghost)!

18 year old Thai girls don't have the maturity for affairs with old married men, most have a mental age of 14. The man deserves to go to hell for seducing her and then killing her. One wonders how many years the affair had been going on for. Was he perhaps her teacher?

32mm pistol, what is this pistol for? hunting tanks?

You got to have big in LOS otherwise you're a nobody (they think)

Over here what you have is more important then what you do ....

32 mm would be already an anti-aircraft gun. I doubt someone can shoot 32mm without breaking the wrist.

Maybe it is 0.32 inch which would be 7.65 mm...

18 year old Thai girls don't have the maturity for affairs with old married men, most have a mental age of 14. The man deserves to go to hell for seducing her and then killing her. One wonders how many years the affair had been going on for. Was he perhaps her teacher?

well the usual old married thai men who go for girls isn't much older in the mental age.....