The Scotland Thread

Jockstar

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/17/2015 at 0:09 AM, smokie36 said:

Happy to see Strachan sign on for another two years...at least we have a good manager and continuity...albeit the next Messi needs to be found lol!

:shock1:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2016 at 6:58 AM, Intensified said:

Actually i'm genuinely pleased for scotland and its stalwart supporters, at last a result truly reflective of where as a footballing nation they are at atm,,

NO WHERE   !!!!

:clap2:

It's all one word by the way, and no I am not an English teacher.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Complete the following sequence: Saudi Arabia, the Congo Republic, Montenegro, blank. The sequence is taken from the Fifa world rankings in descending order, and the next entry is Scotland: the world’s 57th best team"

Not for long.

To be fair I'd be willing to play in this game myself....probably have a heart attack towards the end of the first half and then insist on reappearing at the start of the second half just to kick Wayne Rooney in the nuts.

In short if a Scottish player can't raise his game for this one at Wembley he should just hand in his nationality and go play for Plymouth.

14 hours ago, smokie36 said:

To be fair I'd be willing to play in this game myself....probably have a heart attack towards the end of the first half and then insist on reappearing at the start of the second half just to kick Wayne Rooney in the nuts.

Chip butty and a pint at half time and you'd be raring to go second half smokes

On 10/13/2016 at 9:49 AM, nbm47 said:

The only respite for Scots is that England are not much better when it comes to achievement, how long now since 1966 ----  50 years is it.

Perhaps look at "runners up"..."qualifying"...."Semi-finals"....etc for YOUR real picture and where Scotland came in any of those categories......Whilst you are at it, what year did Scotland win the World Cup, slipped my memory...?.............:stoner:

16 hours ago, Chicog said:

I see Strachan is maintaining the Scottish managerial tradition of showing despair...

mcleod_ally1211b.jpg

Ahh, Ally MacLeod. That must have been one of the few occasions that he was at a loss for words.

The send-off for the 1978 WC was an absolute classic. From the open-top bus parade at Hampden Park to the crowds at Prestwick Airport. His wiki page has this gem:

Prestwick Airport was packed with supporters seeing the team off. When a journalist asked him "What do you plan to do after the World Cup?" MacLeod replied: "Retain it."

Of course it all came crashing down, but it was a wild ride at the time. Initially made all the sweeter by the failure of England to qualify for Argentina.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived