Pattaya Tourist Police round-up Ladyboy's on Walking Street

webfact

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the ones in the photo look as rough as a badgers a**e

Granted..... :-) But they are not really working the appeal angle.

They need to look just a bit like a woman to put you off your

guard for a few seconds so they can move in for the pickpocket

move. The best move Pattaya could make is to get every single

one of them off Walking street and Beach road. Create a special

ladyboy street. If you want one, go there. But keep these

away from the rest of us.

I suppose it is just a matter of time before I get into trouble. I have

a standing rule that if a guy grabs my crotch, he is going to get a

punch to the face. Whether it is Thailand , England, or anywhere

else in the world. Amazing Thailand does not matter to me......

Anybody that puts up with that crap while whimpering about how

it is the custom here needs to grow a pair of balls....

Do we have to limit this to men can I give a punch to the face to a woman who grabs my crotch? Is that OK tough guy?

I don't like anyone touching me unless I ask for it, so is it growing a pair of balls to punch a b**ch also................

Clearly dependent upon the general appearance of the woman doing the touching.

If it is some slinky red hot Thai girl, no problem. If it is a chunky bar girl long past her

expiration date who is screeching Welcome !!!! while grabbing you, I agree that can

be a bit annoying. A simple push away will suffice, as I was taught never to strike a

woman. Regarding being a tough guy, I was formerly a captain of an Alaskan fishing

vessel. Any other questions ???

That's sad news, OMGiaminpattaya will have another hissy fit once he sees this

If I was chief of police he would be rounded up too smile.png

He is strangely absent from this thread. Guess it is just a matter of time

before he comes in with keyboard blazing, ready to smite down anyone

who dares to postulate that ladyboys are a criminal class.....

ladyboy street. If you want one, go there. But keep these

Do we have to limit this to men can I give a punch to the face to a woman who grabs my crotch? Is that OK tough guy?

I don't like anyone touching me unless I ask for it, so is it growing a pair of balls to punch a b**ch also................

Clearly dependent upon the general appearance of the woman doing the touching.

If it is some slinky red hot Thai girl, no problem. If it is a chunky bar girl long past her

expiration date who is screeching Welcome !!!! while grabbing you, I agree that can

be a bit annoying. A simple push away will suffice, as I was taught never to strike a

woman. Regarding being a tough guy, I was formerly a captain of an Alaskan fishing

vessel. Any other questions ???

So you're saying it depends on their appearance? A "chunky bar girl long past her expiration date" or a ladyboy it's ok to punch? But a "slinky red hot Thai girl" gets a pass?

Aye,aye Captain!thumbsup.gif

"Pattaya Tourist Police round-up Ladyboy’s on Walking Street"

There it is again, that image of Tourist Police riding wild horses, cracking whips, six-guns a-blazing, chasing ladyboys down Walking Street towards the Police Station corral, tourists madly jumping out the way of the chaos.......................biggrin.png

Go well with a clip of Rawhide, with Frankie Laine singin' about it....

How does one get into bother with these lot?

Looking for a little rough trade? Just stroll down Beach Road winking suggestively.

You'd better hope you don't have a nervous tic, could come unstuck rather rapidly!!!

Rather naive don't you think.

The 'sweet and kind' ones have little need to be hanging around on Walking St, or on Beach Rd.

The 'innocent ones' hanging around in those places are in a minority.

They are being detained for soliciting, and as there appears to be a lot of crime against tourists (many violent) where LBs are involved, there is a little profiling going on.

As you say, 99.5% of them give the rest a bad name.

It's true that soliciting is illegal in Thailand, but it's not fair to round up just the Ladyboys as virtually everyone working in walking street is soliciting.

99% of ladyboys in Thailand are invisible, just getting in with their lives working normal job and never getting into any trouble. The ones that make trouble are a tiny percentage, to suggest that 99.5% of them are trouble is very misinformed indeed.

I agree that the Ladyboys working in Walking Street late at night are not representative of Ladyboys in general, but it's still sad that they all get a bad name.

Its true that not all katoeys are active transvestite ladyboys plying their trade on the street. The same as "Toms" (tomboys), or girls of a masculine persuasion. I've met both and mostly are fun and pretty normal people. Can't say I've met any trannies and I'm not sure if I would want to. The photos portray an aggressive nature.

Rather naive don't you think.

The 'sweet and kind' ones have little need to be hanging around on Walking St, or on Beach Rd.

The 'innocent ones' hanging around in those places are in a minority.

They are being detained for soliciting, and as there appears to be a lot of crime against tourists (many violent) where LBs are involved, there is a little profiling going on.

As you say, 99.5% of them give the rest a bad name.

It's true that soliciting is illegal in Thailand, but it's not fair to round up just the Ladyboys as virtually everyone working in walking street is soliciting.

99% of ladyboys in Thailand are invisible, just getting in with their lives working normal job and never getting into any trouble. The ones that make trouble are a tiny percentage, to suggest that 99.5% of them are trouble is very misinformed indeed.

I agree that the Ladyboys working in Walking Street late at night are not representative of Ladyboys in general, but it's still sad that they all get a bad name.

Why would you say that....?

You accuse me of getting the number wrong yet think virtually everyone working on WS is soliciting.

If they are invisible, great, not relevant to the problem, although I wonder where you get your 99% figure from..... being 6ft, in high heels, short skirt and hairy legs is far from invisible. The ones working till in Tesco are far from it, quite 'prominent' if anything.

But the problem is the ones soliciting on Walking St and Beach Rd, mixing in a good bit of assault and robbery. I see no problem rounding them up nor with my % estimate in that group.

Edited by jacko45k

the filthy looking in the yellow is called " natalie " top drug dealer and lady boy mafia boss in all of pattaya. she is the brute that beat up the old guy because he refused her advances ( well more of a harrasement )

6 weeks ago some poor russian girl also got a show in her face and was covered head to toe in blood.

the same freak who went to slap my head 2 nights beforehand on walking street, lucky i did not respond. i know better after a run in with 4 -5 of them after i too refused one of their advances in bkk a few years ago, i was attacked with bottles and shoes then, gave 1-2 of them a decent beating but more came out to help them so i had to walk away with damaged price but i learn just to walk by and ignore them now. i have thai ladyboy friend who told me when i asked her what the penalty will be for natalie and my friend told me that natalie knows many big police and would only need to pay a little bit of money like 1000 baht or so for the assult. the now we see this walking the street as free as a bird , look at her smug face standing there she makes me sick.

another round up......i wont hold my breath coffee1.gif

Edited by Rimmer
edited out pic

this made world news

so you walk there and some stealing crossdressed man propose sex to you and you get the honor of being beaten with a spike to the head ?

why not outlaw those dangerous steel spike shoes ?

oh sorry, why not outlaw those nasty fake girls ? they cause not a bad image to thailand ?

Another breach of human rights by the Boys In Brown. Being a trans sexual is not against the law, nor is being on the streets. I can just imagine the indignant squawks on Thai Visa if next time around the swoop was on homosexuals or heterosexuals on suspicion they might be up to something naughty (which in Pattaya is more than a remote possibility).

Live and let live, guys. Or girls. Or in-betweens. Or not-sure-yets.

These are deeply disturbed that need to be managed a touch more professionally for all concerned. Most have no choice in their sexual orientation, but moral behavior is quite another matter. Thais have been far too permissive and even culpable in producing a sub-culture of unrestrained promiscuity and criminal behavior.

Their numbers are increasing for many reasons that have to do with chemical insults to fetal development during the first three months of gestation. Hence, without a professional approach, related social problems will only increase. A kind of apartheid is called for and post-midnight curfews in protected areas will need to be enforced.

Tourists should be warned about such territorial ruminants. They are very aggressive and really do want to take heterosexual men to task as a challenge. If it's your cup of pleasure, by all means partake, but authorities need to keep these pitiful hominids away from decent folks unless they conform to moral norms of appropriate behavior.

Well I'm glad to have left this cesspool country.

We're not missing you yet, but hey ho, only time will tell.

+1

I have never met RT555 but after reading his comment I would not mind betting there are a lot of good people in Thailand who find the feeling is mutual. biggrin.png

the ''Appeal'' of ''Thailand'' for me was the Nice Weather, Delicious Food, and the Happy Faces..

I had all that back in Australia...What the Hell am I doing here? Oh yeah...now I remember.

facepalm.gif

Another breach of human rights by the Boys In Brown. Being a trans sexual is not against the law, nor is being on the streets. I can just imagine the indignant squawks on Thai Visa if next time around the swoop was on homosexuals or heterosexuals on suspicion they might be up to something naughty (which in Pattaya is more than a remote possibility).

Live and let live, guys. Or girls. Or in-betweens. Or not-sure-yets.

Fortunately Thailand is not as weak as the EU, bowing to human rights bullshit every time. With regards to the LBs in Pattaya, I think it is more important to protect the human rights of the victims - the many tourists who get attacked, even if it infringes on the human rigths of the LBs.

I am all for live and let live, but unfortunately the LBs are not, as they insist on their "right" to rob and assault people in order to support their lifestyle.

As someone already said, unfortunately 99% of the ladyboys ruin it for the rest of them, but as the police are unable/unwilling to find and exclude the 1% from the roundups, rounding up all of them is the next best solution.

Live and let live, guys. Or girls. Or in-betweens. Or not-sure-yets

Let's get real here.

The majority of men who visit the walking street are heterosexuals many of whom have a dislike of Ladyboys.

They are men with pride and the last thing they want is to be seen in the company of a Ladyboy.

When approached on the street most will look the other way or politely say no thanks.

However the street Ladyboys aren't that easy to avoid and will grab your arm or block your way and that is when the trouble starts.

The farang gets annoyed tells the Ladyboy to F off and next thing you know verbal abuse flying both ways.

This, way too many times, ends up with a fight all because one is desperate for money and the other wants nothing to do with the gay scene.

The way I look at it is allowing Ladyboys to tout for customers on the street is asking for trouble and the Police should have the brains to ban them from doing so.

It's not a breach of civil rights t's common sense. A ladyboy want to sell his/her body or a Farang wants to buy there are plenty bars where they can meet/work

Going back a few years Soi Cowboy had the same problem, guys being accosted by these street workers and more than a few were mugged under the bridge opposite Soi 18.

Tong Lor police wised up and moved the lot of them. Lumpini need to get their act together ad move them away from Soi 4 (Nana)

I for one get fed up of them grabbing you, blocking your way etc.......only a matter of time before someone is badly injured or worse.

It is my human right to be able to walk along any street and not be accosted by anyone.

Live and let live only works in the movies mate...only fools show red rags to bulls

Well, so the quality tourists will have to do without them ....... for an hour or so. A slap on the hand, a B 500 ticket and off we go again.

Alternatively check if all of them did the mandatory two years army service. Sure they find prey there; albeit not quite a the same tariff structure as on hawking street giggle.gif

The usually reported fine is just 100 Baht, and then they are back on the Beach Road again.

I imagine the law restricts the fine to just 100baht. The next punter will pay the fine, having the extra 100baht removed from his person.

Time for a full overhaul of ALL fines for every offence, with minimum 1000Baht, doubling up for every subsequent similar offence.

Nick,

They should arrest them every night, keep them in the slammer overnight, and fine them in the morning before letting them go. Make it too much of a nuisance for them to want to go there (and Beach Road as well). If they work inside a bar that would be fine in my opinion. The street hustlers are the ones causing all the trouble. And jail the ones causing trouble for longer periods depending on their crimes. Assault causing bodily harm should not just be a fine and a get out of jail next day. The cops and the courts need to take a hard stand on these constant crimes.

ladyboy street. If you want one, go there. But keep these creatures

The real interesting one though is when you go for a pee and some really straight old guy comes up and starts massaging your shoulders and then puts his hand out for a tip. Don't hassle him or you will be in big doo doo.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, does that mean that katoy are from Uranus?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ladyboys are part of Thailand's appeal.

Most ladyboys are sweet and kind, but of course there are a minority that are always in the news for the wrong reasons.

It's a concern that police feel a round-up of ladyboys even legal, it's OK to mention the ones that are illegal or fail a drug test but what about the innocent ladyboys who are detained. On the face of it they are being detained just for being ladyboys and being on walking street... that can't be legal and it certainly is not fair.

Indeed. To quote the article: '6 of the Ladyboys will face further legal proceedings while the rest were fined, profiled and sent on their way with a stern warning that if they are found to have committed a crime in the future they will be dealt with to the full extent of the Law.' So 26 were fined - for what - and warned that if they actually committed any offence they would be dealt with. Why not round up everyone on the street and do the same thing then? These innocents need to hire a lawyer and get these police officers charged with harassment. Amazing country, Thailand.

ladyboy street. If you want one, go there. But keep these creatures

The real interesting one though is when you go for a pee and some really straight old guy comes up and starts massaging your shoulders and then puts his hand out for a tip. Don't hassle him or you will be in big doo doo.

If men are from Mars and women are from Venus, does that mean that katoy are from Uranus?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Haha yes the bathroom attendant who massages your shoulders is a bit disconcerting

at first. I always felt that peeing was a one man activity. But I can chalk that up

to amazing Thailand. However if he does a reach around he will get a punch too. :-)