best bank rates for international funds transfer

Hi,

Which is the best bank to provide cheapest rates for international funds transfers ?

the SCB> Siam Commercial bank charges a lot for their international funds transfer..... pls any one can recommend which is the cheapest and best bank to transfer internationally to swift code and iban no.

If Standard Chartered because I already have an account in PAKISTAN would it be cheap ?

So that I can open an account of Standard Chartered here in BANGKOK also would it b easy or cheap to transfer same bank ?

Plus the western union and money gram are deducting alot !

Pls help .

I think you are going to find the sending fee very similar at all Thai banks.

Almost a 14% fee is ridiculously expensive.

- First option you have is to transfer money through a Thai online bank. Most Thai banks has online banking. I don`t know how much it cost, but I highly doubt it`s that expensive, and after all, you`re sending the money within Asia so I think that is cheaper and faster than sending to Europe or America.

- Second option you have is PayPal.

- Third option is Western Union. They have many physical banks in Thailand and easy to use. They are expensive, but not 14%. WU also has an online transfer solution which is cheaper. There are better alternatives similar to WU online that are cheaper, which I have been told, but I know nothing about them. Western Union have restrictions on transfers to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq, but I think that applies to all banks and transfer services.

I think you are going to find the sending fee very similar at all Thai banks.

Almost a 14% fee is ridiculously expensive.

- First option you have is to transfer money through a Thai online bank. Most Thai banks has online banking. I don`t know how much it cost, but I highly doubt it`s that expensive, and after all, you`re sending the money within Asia so I think that is cheaper and faster than sending to Europe or America.

- Second option you have is PayPal.

- Third option is Western Union. They have many physical banks in Thailand and easy to use. They are expensive, but not 14%. WU also has an online transfer solution which is cheaper. There are better alternatives similar to WU online that are cheaper, which I have been told, but I know nothing about them. Western Union have restrictions on transfers to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq, but I think that applies to all banks and transfer services.

$10

That's what happens when you send small amounts...and Bt10K is a small amount.

Here's the Link to the Bangkok Bank fee page for international transfers...it appears their fee would be at least Bt1,150 when the Sender is picking up the Sending "and" Receiving fees. I expect the OP sent the funds to where all the fees were to be paid by him/the sender...that way, the receiver gets the full amount required versus the receiving bank also taking a fee.

If sending funds to where the recipients are responsible for any receiving fee the fee drops way down to like around Bt400.