Double pricing - Tiger Temple

lioness

A visiting friend wanted to see the tiger temple in Kanchanaburi yesterday.

He paid his 600 baht entry fee, then went in, as soon as he was in he was told that if he wanted to see the tigers it was a further 1,000 baht. No mention of this outside and virtually nothing to see for the 600 baht just a "few" other animals and birds.

No, he didn't pay the extra 1,000 he left.

Next time tell him to bring his Thai wife or GF, and let her pay with his moneycheesy.gif

The hapless farang hides well before she goes to the ticket booth, and only appears after she buys the tickets.

Works like a bloody charmthumbsup.gif

Example 2:

The lady in the tourist store near Expo in Phuket told me there was no double pricing. She told me the item was 800 Baht - then my wife bought it for 400 Bahtcheesy.gif

The lady is a tramp.

Best,

R and Y = Orange

So its still open and business as normal? Its enough to cause depression.

Yes, it's still open and still reeling people in. They are constructing a new building which looks like a colusseum, it's huge and from what my friend could see of it appears to have an arena. The mind boggles at what this is for.

Still open??? Shocking.

From the OP, word needs to be spread that the 600 b is for entry and the tigers are extra. Not sure if that is "double pricing" as we TVers know it.

I think a complaint to ....some agency,,,,is in order.

Edited by Seastallion

I thought that they were allowed to keep the tigers on the condition that they stopped profiting from on such things as entrance fees?? I guess after a week or so it was in one ear and out the other and back to the norm of lets forget what we were told be the authorities and rip off the punters again.

So its still open and business as normal? Its enough to cause depression.

Yes, it's still open and still reeling people in. They are constructing a new building which looks like a colusseum, it's huge and from what my friend could see of it appears to have an arena. The mind boggles at what this is for.

Hopefully for throwing Monks to the lions Tigers................oh bugger ill be banned for that!

Thai-Tourist traps.......I avoid them like the plague. I really cant think of one that over the years I ever really enjoyed. So the last ten years havent been to any....crocodile farms....snake farms....aqauriums ....floating markets ....nana plaza.....immigration......

I thought that they were allowed to keep the tigers on the condition that they stopped profiting from on such things as entrance fees?? I guess after a week or so it was in one ear and out the other and back to the norm of lets forget what we were told be the authorities and rip off the punters again.

If they spend all the money, there is no profit.

Regardless, I just don't see the attraction.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently went to Kanchanaburi and was informed that before christmas, Thai animal welfare officials attended the tiger (rip off) temple and counted 147 tigers including almost 100 cubs.

When they returned a few weeks ago they counted 142!

So 5 adult tigers were missing and not reported as such. There was some coverage in the BKK Post, but this came from a worker there.

No more jungle treks for me then!

Why would anyone want to pay money and help fuel these institutions of animal cruelty and suffering?

The tigers are drugged and made to be obedient by fear and brutality. I sincerely hope they increase their prices for stupid tourists even more, that deters them from visiting these places and eventually these so-called tiger kingdoms go out of business completely.