Mayweather to Showtime: Pacquiao a 'sore loser' and 'coward'

webfact

Mayweather to Showtime: Pacquiao a 'sore loser' and 'coward'

NEW YORK (AP) — Floyd Mayweather said in an upcoming interview with Showtime that at this moment he's not interested in a rematch with Manny Pacquiao "because he's a sore loser and he's a coward."

The interview was recorded late Tuesday night and will air Saturday night after the network's replay of boxing's richest fight, which Mayweather won by decision last weekend in Las Vegas to stay undefeated.

Asked if he thought Pacquiao was hampered by the right shoulder injury that later required surgery, Mayweather tells Jim Gray, "Absolutely not."

"Excuses, excuses, excuses," he said later.

"He was fast," Mayweather insists in quotes released Thursday. "His left hand was fast. His right hand was fast and he was throwing them both fast and strong."

Using an expletive for emphasis, Mayweather adds that "I'm not going to buy into" it, "and I don't want the public to buy into" it.

"He lost," Mayweather said. "He knows he lost. I lost a lot of respect for him after all of this."

Mayweather acknowledges that he earlier texted ESPN's Stephen A. Smith to say he welcomed a rematch.

"Yeah, but I change my mind," Mayweather said. "At this particular time, no, because he's a sore loser and he's a coward. . If you lost, accept the loss and say, 'Mayweather, you were the better fighter.'"

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-05-08

moneyweather lost that fight i could not see how those judges could score it in floyds favor

Watch the entire tape in slow motion. Count the punches that hit the scoring area. Punches that hit gloves etc. don't count.

A light jab counts as much as a solid hit.

Count the punches thrown by each boxer. Mayweather threw a lot more punches. Count the ones that scored. Mayweather landed a lot more scoring punches. Figure the percentage of punches thrown to punches scored. Mayweather wins that too although that doesn't matter in the scoring.

By every metric under the current scoring rules, Mayweather won by a comfortable margin. In fact if he hadn't thrown a single punch in the last round he still would have won - he was that far ahead.

The whole world including bookies, the media, other boxers and of course the judges have had time to look at the tape and they all say Mayweather won. The bookies paid out based on Mayweather being the winner and none of them are calling it wrong.

You might want to take another look. Mayweather fought a defensive fight instead of an aggressive fight. It was a smart fight for him and he scored on defense. To some people it looked like Mayweather wasn't as aggressive as his opponent but that doesn't count. He stayed back on defense and scored with little effort.

moneyweather lost that fight i could not see how those judges could score it in floyds favor

Watch the entire tape in slow motion. Count the punches that hit the scoring area. Punches that hit gloves etc. don't count.

Count the punches thrown by each boxer. Mayweather threw a lot more punches. Count the ones that scored. Mayweather landed a lot more scoring punches. Figure the percentage of punches thrown to punches scored. Mayweather wins that too although that doesn't matter in the scoring.

By every metric under the current scoring rules, Mayweather won by a comfortable margin. In fact if he hadn't thrown a single punch in the last round he still would have won - he was that far ahead.

The whole world including bookies, the media, other boxers and of course the judges have had time to look at the tape and they all say Mayweather won. The bookies paid out based on Mayweather being the winner and none of them are calling it wrong.

You might want to take another look. Mayweather fought a defensive fight instead of an aggressive fight. It was a smart fight for him and he scored on defense. To some people it looked like Mayweather wasn't as aggressive as his opponent but that doesn't count. He stayed back on defense and scored with little effort.

Very accurately described. While Mayweather might describe Pacquiao as a sore loser it's nothing compared to Pacquiao's fans. I've never seen a group of people in so much denial.

He would take a rematch over fighting Amir Khan any day. He knows he can beat Pacman, whereas Khan might spoil his undefeated legacy !

You have got to be kidding me ? Khan would be humiliated !

No, I'm not kidding :)

I'd love to see that fight happen...

I think this fight did more to hurt boxing than it did to help. All about the money, no wonder UFC has gained such popularity.

The worst part was when Mayweather was coming to the ring with his entourage, and he had the 7' tall Burger King mascot behind him trying to stay in camera shot. How much did BK pay for that?

typical idiot! caling pac man a coward is the moat assinine thig he could say! he did after all get in the ring with him and wacked him a few times! impressed with his record but not impressed with his stupid getto language.

Could it be a prelude and a hype for a rematch worth even more money. and Pac-man will

response in kind than you know that it is....

I doubt a rematch would fetch more than $15 for pay per view. There are a lot of pissed off fight fans out there who feel abused and ripped off by these clowns. Manny should have been honest with the boxing world. As to Floyd, well he is just being Floyd.

"...and he's a coward." Oh really? Let's see, he was man enough to get into the ring. But what about you and the 7 abuse charges you have faced against WOMEN? Now, that's my definition of a coward.

"Excuses, excuses, excuses," he said later. - Yeah, we've all heard that before from you as well when you claim there are no eye witnesses, videos or pictures of your abuse towards woman, saying "it's all lies". One time might be a lie, 7different women? The only liar is you.

What my personal opinion about bragstack Mayweather is, doesn't count.

Boxing is 'The nobel art of selfdefence' and honestly mayweather is by that description the best boxer (NOT fighter) on the planet!!

Mayweather is a runner and when he tires of running he's hugging. Referees are way too quick to jump it now as boxing gets more and more sanitised!

Google Hagler v Hearns (3rd round knockout) and watch that for what boxing should be like - real men who made the sport of boxing proud - as a once mad keen supporter and participant of the sport, boxing is currently barely on its knees !

Mayweather / Pacman was a snoozefest !

I gave you a "like " for this

Yes , Mayweather is a runner, maybe gave more punches, but escaping all the time, not impressive ... not a noble boxer for the noble art

I watched Hagles vs Hearn, and I agree, real men boxing , but this sort of match is very rare , nothing to do with Mayweather-Pacman

He would take a rematch over fighting Amir Khan any day. He knows he can beat Pacman, whereas Khan might spoil his undefeated legacy !

I doubt it, Khan has the archetypal glass chin.

Mayweather was the home grown fighter,fighting in his own back yard

Knowing that the 3 home grown judges in a very close round would lean towards the home grown fighter

And having his own father telling him he was scared of Pacquiao,and back peddling most of the fight

And Mayweather as the cheek to say Pacquiao is a coward

totally agree mayweather ran away for 12 rounds, even his own father said this in effect, no bullshit, something like "are you scared of him " only one man came to fight total farce

Seriously, people need to let it go. You go into a boxing ring to win, not get hurt.

Mayweather completely nullified an admittedly past-it Pacquiao.

If you want to watch rubbish, watch Youtube videos.

Doh Mayweather won the fight easily landed far more punches than Pacman

Pacman was totaly outclassed by a far better boxer

I doubt it, Khan has the archetypal glass chin.

But Floyd don't punch big like some other Welterweights. BTW, how many times has Khan been floored ?

It sounds like they are planning for a rematch already.

Your right its like a pyramid scheme. You continually bad mouth each other(Merryweather is starting it now and claims he is not interested in a rematch ha ha) and then someone throws down the gauntlet. You have to build up the prefight hype or the rematch will not reel in enough high paying suckers/bettors/pay for TV viewers. Its in the same class as wrestling. If Pacquiao had a shoulder problem the fight should have been cancelled but who could resist that size of a payday regardless.