Ants in tea water

Jedsada3

Put water in a plate. Place a bowl in it, upside down. Set your water cooker on the bowl.

Ants can't swim well. smile.png

PS: I put a little soap in the water just to really piss them off.

rijb speaks the truth. All the Thais do this for various things, like opened cans of condensed milk. It really works. And as for the fellow that said he gave up tea because of the ants

BLASPHEMY. Give me tea or give me death....thumbsup.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls at the office do the condensed milk can in a dish of water and it most certainly does no work as there are generally ants crawling on it.

If the ants swim around in the tea water, why would they not swim to get the milk?

Put water in a plate. Place a bowl in it, upside down. Set your water cooker on the bowl.

Ants can't swim well. smile.png

PS: I put a little soap in the water just to really piss them off.

If you have a table with "waterproof"(!) table-legs: legs in small bowls filled with water.

Ant free table.

Don't do that with wooden table-legs tongue.png

Put something waterproof on the legs.

You must be an English man?

Typical English!

How dare you presume on your own presumption that he is English ! I am too damn it ! And what is more ....the blasted ants have one the battle for the time being in my drum. I got fed up with emptying the water out of the cordless every day so now they get boiled and the filter by the spout gets cleaned every couple of days. If I didn't have a cuppa first thing at 10am I wouldn't function through the day. Now I need a second cup before moving to the next topic. Cheers.

Just Google it for your answer sorry, thousands, no wait millions have asked this before, ants in sugar . ants in food, ants in kitchen, ants in cupboard., Just get some ant killer !!!!!!

No more ants

That's the one I used - worked a treat and eradicated those pesky red ants.

Just Google it for your answer sorry, thousands, no wait millions have asked this before, ants in sugar . ants in food, ants in kitchen, ants in cupboard., Just get some ant killer !!!!!!

No more ants

Funny, I just went down to take a photograph of the same thing. Been using it for a few years and works quite well. smile.png

post-566-0-59783000-1431251216_thumb.jpg

The girls at the office do the condensed milk can in a dish of water and it most certainly does no work as there are generally ants crawling on it.

If the ants swim around in the tea water, why would they not swim to get the milk?

Someone is not returning the milk can to the water dish, after getting their milk.

Later, the milk can (with stowaway ants) is put back into the water dish.

Kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is gone.

Elementary, my dear Watson smile.png

No more ants

Funny, I just went down to take a photograph of the same thing. Been using it for a few years and works quite well. smile.png

attachicon.gifars.jpg

+1. This one works well.

I have regular plastic jug kettle. Is this the same as your water cooker? Regardless there are small ants in it every morning sometimes clinging on to each other in a group. I always thought they were trying not to drown? If there a lot of them tip the bit of water out. Give the kettle a rinse under the tap to get any stragglers out. Fill with bottled water and boil. Or leave them in and my coffee filter paper filters them out. Or get one of those fine mesh tea strainers that have been mentioned already.

I have only really noticed them during the hot season. The rest of the year there must be plenty of other sources of water.

Thank you everyone.

I will use paper filters until I find better solution.

@ Petersomething: I'm not English man and English is not my native language.

Anyway I don't understand why you took the time to answer. When I read your words I can guess you belong to the higher class of people who has nothing to say except to complain about everything.

I use the ant killing chalk on every possible access that the ants have, including the power lead.

Make sure that the chalk line is unbroken and renew every day.

As Konisaan says, they seem to learn areas to avoid and it is only when a new colony arrives that you need to repeat the treatment.

I've had ants get into screw top containers with coffee mate and sugar. They walk around the screw. Blocking their access with the chalk can last for months even when the chalk is no longer there

Can't believe it took a page before someone suggested this, certainly the best weapon in the ant war.

They got into the energy regulator on my hob from underneath and the BBQ bodies caused it to fail. I could not get a new hob because of the cutout size in the granite, a great deal of hassle to find a replacement regulator and change it. Ants can cause many problems if you are not careful.

The ant chalk is a good quick fix but as many have said you need to address the root problem with an ant killer. I get this one from TOPS and it is very effective, only 30 baht for a packet with 2 sachets.

post-201813-0-75313400-1431322500_thumb.

post-201813-0-91025700-1431322530_thumb.

Golden hammer ant gel. It's food safe, very low toxicity and works a treat. Just find the ant trails and leave a few daps of the gel, you will soon see the ants mobbing the gel and eating it up. They take it back to the nest and it eventually kills the entire nest. When the ant numbers get too much I put out a few dabs, the ants dissapear for about 3- days then a few reappear, retreat and they are gone for 6 weeks or better. One tube lasts me for months.

It's the only product I have found that consistantly and quickly works.

20141010161327_evdekarincalarienetkiliil

So simple really,An electric water jug can stand on a bowl or as mine is,on a steel rack which stands in about an inch of water in a plastic tray.ants do not like water and can not swim so no need to empty and refill every time you use----no ants can get to it.We have a couple of these in the kitchen to protect things like bread and biscuits and sugar container.Been doing this for yrs with no problems. In fact after a while,if the ants(Mot) find it a waste of time they will soon stop coming,but I still keep everything 'floating' in the pond----Dougal

Ants can't swim? Really! In fact about half of species tested can swim! So depending on the species the water trick may not work.

http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2014/06/video-most-tree-ants-can-swim-their-lives

Golden hammer ant gel. It's food safe, very low toxicity and works a treat. Just find the ant trails and leave a few daps of the gel, you will soon see the ants mobbing the gel and eating it up. They take it back to the nest and it eventually kills the entire nest. When the ant numbers get too much I put out a few dabs, the ants dissapear for about 3- days then a few reappear, retreat and they are gone for 6 weeks or better. One tube lasts me for months.

It's the only product I have found that consistantly and quickly works.

20141010161327_evdekarincalarienetkiliil

Not seen this before, looks like Nippon which you can buy in the UK, Where did you buy this stuff? Pattaya or Bangkok