renting 6m-1y: a condo with a washing machine?

mike111

Mates,

When renting a condo for 6 months to a year, how likely is it to find a unit which already has a washing machine?.

Do renters in jomtien or pattaya typically bring their own machine or use a laundry service? could be hassle taking the washings every time to the laundry shop and back again.

Cheers

It is possible, however if none if provided, you can buy one for under 6000 just make sure unit has water and drainage ready to install one.

If unit does not, you can ask to have it before signing the lease.

In my previous experience, all the units i rented in Pattaya did not have washing machine, but owners made plumbing ready free of charge.

On the contrary, in BKK, all units i lived in, had washing machines.

Sure using laundry is an option, but can be very costly, unless you do 80 pieces at the time for 500 baht.

It is possible, however if none if provided, you can buy one for under 6000 just make sure unit has water and drainage ready to install one.

Thanks.

where did you find a washer for around 6K? from memory, the cheapest in powerbuy were around 10K-12K.

Cheers

Thanks.

where did you find a washer for around 6K? from memory, the cheapest in powerbuy were around 10K-12K.

Cheers

Big C, small 6 kg is 5900 baht or around that.

Or if you hurry, directtohome.com has 10kg Panasonic on sale for 6490 baht, with free delivery.(TOP LOAD WASHING MACHINE PANASONIC NA-F100A1 10KG)

They can do installation with plumping and electrical for extra 1200 baht, but like i said, get the owner to do that.

Edited by konying

My large condo had a washing machine, though most of the smaller studios in my building don't have one. It depends mostly on the available space and whether the landlord wants long-term tenants or not.

It was a very desirable feature for me; just drop the used items in and push the button once or twice a week.

I dont have an iron as it's not needed for the sort of clothes and sheets that I have.

I paid 10k for LG washing machine with front load, hot water programs, the best deal if you can find it. For 6k you get very simple top load machones and only cold water.

My top-loading cold water machine does everything I need. Cant really see the point of having to bend down to use a front-loader, and run the risk of the door leaking.

I use liquid detergent rather than powder as powder tends to congeal and not dissolve properly.

tnx. is there a specific need for a warm water cycle? it seems cold water powders get the job done just fine. cheers

Nope, no warm water, all the washing machines are are cold water.

Also sorry gave wrong website, its directtoshop.com.

directtohome is wrong

Thanks.

Cheers

take a look at lazada, I near enough buy everything from them now and have saved a small fortune in the past 2 years - payment on delivery

The front loaders I believe use a lot less water. I save a ton of cash with mine.

I can choose the water level in my top loader.

Can you do that in a front loader ?

How much money do you think you save a month ( ton of cash )

over having a front loader ? 75 baht ?

or is it a saving because you run a laundry ?

Well actually hot water programs kills bacteria and bedbugs. Especially when washing linen and towels. There's a reason why you can choose a program with temperatures up to 60-90 degrees celsius. I think you can do your research on this on Google.

Btw, in colder climates like in Scandinavia we can only buy front load machines, top load machines does not exist there.

Edited by balo

Front loaders most all have hot water wash, most all top loaders do not.

Front loaders use less water and soap.

Top loaders are generally much faster.

Top loaders are generally cheaper

Top loaders are (surprisingly) more prone to leak.

Design-wise, top loaders are generally more durable, although in Thailand the average quality of front loaders is much better than the average quality of top loaders.

The front loaders I believe use a lot less water. I save a ton of cash with mine.

Everyone I know that leases (Bangkok), pays a monthly fee for water. In my case, it's 500 baht. No matter how much I use.

I bought a top loader because I have had 3 apartments where a front loader took a lot longer, and didn't get the clothes clean. In fairness, that was in China. In those cases, I actually paid for a top loader to replace the front loaders provided with the furnished apartments. In Bangkok, the top loader was my first purchase when I moved into my place. At the time, I expected to be here less than a year- but it would still have been worth the purchase. 3 years later, it's still cleaning (knock wood)

On a side note, before I left the USA, I could never see myself without a dryer. If I ever go back, I doubt I'll ever buy a dryer again. 15 years in Asia without one, and I don't miss them at all...even in Bangkok's humidity.

Sorry, what I meant by that was the savings due to no longer using a laundry. This surprised me as I did not think I would ever use the washing machine my last rental came with. A year later I would not want to do without one.

When you are viewing , just sat I'd take it if it had a washing machine , normally if you are staying for 6 months they will get one. They are easy to plumb in and as mentioned cost about 6000

Sorry, what I meant by that was the savings due to no longer using a laundry. This surprised me as I did not think I would ever use the washing machine my last rental came with. A year later I would not want to do without one.

Totally understand now.

Yes save a load of money.wai2.gif

When I am working away and get an apartment I always do my own washing and Ironing. If you use a laundry you are either down their a couple of times a week or you end up with very few clean clothes left at some point. Just throw it in push the button and then hang it up when its finished , no problem drying in this climate.

When I am working away and get an apartment I always do my own washing and Ironing. If you use a laundry you are either down their a couple of times a week or you end up with very few clean clothes left at some point. Just throw it in push the button and then hang it up when its finished , no problem drying in this climate.

Years ago when I was a traveling salesman, I found there was a flipside.

On the road, I could get a week's worth done in 2 hours using half a dozen machines at one time in a laundromat. At home it was more convenient, but it's a lot more time spent with just one machine.