AEDs are 100% legal to own and use.

FireMedic

This should settle the debate. Yes, I know it is in Thai. Yes, we are working to get it translated to English. But, this was given to us last night from the National Institute of EMS. This will once and for all settle the debate about the use of AEDs in Thailand. If someone collapses, please do CPR and if an AED is present, please use it. Zoll AEDs give step by step audio and visual instructions to do CPR and use the machine in many languages. Please don't be the one who sits idly by and does nothing but take photos of someone's dead family member. Be the one who saves them and allows them to return home to their family. post-158329-0-68531200-1431391675_thumb.

Guess its about an "Automated external defibrillator".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_external_defibrillator

EMS, Emergency Medical Act, some Thai law.

Hope I don't need one.

The OP could have given a bit more background as to why he has posted this unless he thinks by being mysterious more people would read it?

If so how many TV readers would know what an AED is let alone where to find one...........whistling.gif

Hey everyone! Thanks for the positive support. Zoll has been working together with with NIEMS, Thai Resuscitation Council, and Thai Heart Foundation for a long time to get this done. Today, we finished training all of the Thai Olympic Committee as well as Thai Olympic athletes. Most of the AEDs delivered to Thailand will be in Thai, however the universally understood pictographs are on the front and will light up with the directions. As time goes one and our AEDs are deployed throughout the country, we will have incentive programs when our AED is used and someone is saved. I hope you will all view this as a HUGE leap forward for Thailand as I do.

I am quite shocked that some don't know what an AED is. Every workplace should provide first aid training which includes the use of AEDs. The use of an AED on a heart attack victim will increase their chance of survival ten fold compared to CPR.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am quite shocked that some don't know what an AED is. Every workplace should provide first aid training which includes the use of AEDs. The use of an AED on a heart attack victim will increase their chance of survival ten fold compared to CPR.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you live in Thailand?

I can just guess that there are AEDs at the rural hospital 16 km away.

But at the village health center: no way.

Zoll AED plus in Thailand range from about 90 to 120,000. Yes, they are expensive here because they are imported from the US, so the import tax, VAT, and all the other BS makes all brands more than double than western countries. Obviously the price goes down for bigger orders. FIFA just put their order in for 300,000 of our AEDs, so their price is much different than a company who wants just one.

• 2 weeks later...

Zoll AED plus in Thailand range from about 90 to 120,000. Yes, they are expensive here because they are imported from the US, so the import tax, VAT, and all the other BS makes all brands more than double than western countries. Obviously the price goes down for bigger orders. FIFA just put their order in for 300,000 of our AEDs, so their price is much different than a company who wants just one.

Most governments refund tax and duties on medical equipment, or offer tax rebates , at least the socially conscious ones do.

I am disappointed to see that Thailand doesn't do this.

Most governments refund tax and duties on medical equipment, or offer tax rebates , at least the socially conscious ones do.

I am disappointed to see that Thailand doesn't do this.

You really don't believe some governments around here are "socially conscious" do you?